Happy Friday the 13th !!!!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Re: Happy Friday the 13th !!!!

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I've seen a few of the movies that were based on his books. I guess I'm just a huge Kubrick fan. I'd say he's probably my favorite director.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

MelvinsArmy wrote:I was born on Friday the 13th. :twisted: Not in September though.

My favorite scary movie is The Shining. Less slasher, more suspense.

we share a bday don't we? what year were you born? i thought we were the same age but you must be a year younger, 1975? i was born in 74.

anyway, i tend to have bad luck on this day, friday the 13th.

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
REMJ666 wrote:When did Jason make his first appearance ?????
Well, technically there's a snippet at the end of the original that shows him coming out of the lake as a kid, but part 2 is where he really starts. Part 2 is where he made his first real appearance and it's my personal favorite.
You got it..Most people will say part 2...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Halloween , The Shinning , Friday the 13th and even Nightmare on Elm ST...I like them all...Some of them did get old and stupid after the 3rd or 4th one...Rob Zombie did a great remake...I like that it told more of Michaels story then the first one...Did you know the mask for Michael was a William Shatner mask ??? On my all time favorite list is Salems Lot and The Exorcist...My favorite scream queen will always be Jamie Lee Curtis...The Season of The Witch was hands down the worst Halloween ever made...I refuse to watch it again...Luv Damien and The Omen...I can go on and on about this subject :lol:
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

kaiser wrote:
MelvinsArmy wrote:I was born on Friday the 13th. :twisted: Not in September though.

My favorite scary movie is The Shining. Less slasher, more suspense.

we share a bday don't we? what year were you born? i thought we were the same age but you must be a year younger, 1975? i was born in 74.

anyway, i tend to have bad luck on this day, friday the 13th.

Yep, I'm 1975. I've never had a problem with the day or any other superstitions. Never been afraid to walk under a ladder (although I know it's not the smartest thing to do) or any of that.

[youtube]_ul7X5js1vE[/youtube]

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Being from Ontario Canada, Port dover come's to mind, I've been there only once on the 13th, it's nuts. For those of you who don't know, its one, if not the largest biker round up's, always on Friday the 13th.

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

marlo wrote:Being from Ontario Canada, Port dover come's to mind, I've been there only once on the 13th, it's nuts. For those of you who don't know, its one, if not the largest biker round up's, always on Friday the 13th.
Are they real bikers ( Hells Angels) or suits riding Harley's ???

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

It's for people who love bike's, but I have seen full patch members there.... Loving bike's, and riding them, doesn't mean your an "angle" it's for all who love it :wink:
--Edit-- waiting for scr8p to enter wild hogs clip :mrgreen:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

We should share some of our recommendations for good, scary movies.

I'll suggest The Mist, also a Stephen King story, but this particular movie is very well done. What happens, psychologically, to people when they're thrown into a terrible situation together?

I also liked Clover Field.

For an interesting take on the zombie flick that most people probably haven't seen, check out H.P. Lovecraft's Re-Animator...pretty sick and depraved, great soundtrack, a few choice, memorable lines...as well as From Beyond, also from H.P. Lovecraft ('86).

The first Hellraiser is also a classic.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

The Shining always got me, with the two little girls in the hallway :shock:

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Some of my movies won't be scary movies...Monster , scary , horror....THat is what I will call them .....I will go back to the beginning with Bela Lugosi , Lon Chaney Jr and Boris Karloff....IF you don' t have them on your list then you need to tear up your horror movie fan card :lol: Rosemary's Baby , The Shinning , Stephen Kings IT , Bram Stokers Dracula , Mary Shelley's Frankenstein....There are so many....Friday the 13th 1 and 2 , All Halloweens except season of the witch , The Amityville Horror , The omen , The Exorcist....Scream movies are Hostel , Scream , Saw...And more and more....I like so many that it is hard for me to make a list...I will also like some that you all will think are garbage :lol:

integra22t
Approved Member

Post by integra22t »

the best was freddy vs jason .. come on you know you liked it

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

integra22t wrote:the best was freddy vs jason .. come on you know you liked it
Hah...I liked it as much as I liked Aliens vs. Predator. :P The commercial selling out (whoring out?) of two franchises that have nothing to do with each other, with the only consideration to make money, not scare anybody. :mrgreen:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Coelacanth wrote:
integra22t wrote:the best was freddy vs jason .. come on you know you liked it
Hah...I liked it as much as I liked Aliens vs. Predator. :P The commercial selling out (whoring out?) of two franchises that have nothing to do with each other, with the only consideration to make money, not scare anybody. :mrgreen:
I have not and will not see that. X2 on The Shining. When talking classic horror The Exorcist is excellent too. I saw them both way before I should have. 7-8 maybe. My sister is 5 years older than me and our parents always went to bed very early on weekends and left us both up with HBO; so I pretty much watched whatever I wanted. I don't even want to think of what horrible things may have been going on in that bedroom! :shock: :lol: No, they're pretty boring. I like to think all they did was sleep...

The Exorcist has some great effects and filming techniques for it's time. It was a beautiful time when directors and special effects people actually had to be new and inventive without just hiring a company to computer generate whatever they wanted... But that's a whole other story.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

If there's a thread I like I have no problem single-handedly keeping it alive. :mrgreen: No pun intended for what is probably my favorite horror movie of all time. Perfectly 80's and perfectly cheesy. 8) I love 80's horror movies. The golden era IMHO.

[youtube]wylpeAXYcBQ[/youtube]
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken