cat content...and other cars

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: cat content...and other cars

Post by Coelacanth »

CAT3K wrote:
zoomzoombang wrote:That looks quite good. Has it been CA'd or not? I wonder if one of those paint pens would work as single applicationi job. Not sure if the solvent inside will delaminate the fibers though.
I should have mentioned what i'd done. I was struggling to find a colour, so ended up borrowing one of my daughters gel pens. They're more like a paint pen with a fine point. This colour was lilac/purple. I CA'd over the top of it.

I thought about the long term suitablility too, i don't know if it would eventually damage the carbon?

Paul.
That's a neat idea, I have a bunch of gelly-roll pens that come in several flourescent colors, I don't see why you couldn't color the edges with those and try to CA it after. Not sure if the CA would react with the gelly-roll ink, though, but I doubt it would damage the CF.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

zoomzoombang
Approved Member

Post by zoomzoombang »

My "Fatcat" runner in progress. Still heaps to do. Battery position and servo ideas shamelessly stolen from Jason (J.M.) a member here. BTW, can anyone tell me the weight distribution between the axles of the stock Topcat? Or suggest a good one so I can actually steer this thing? Topcat owners will know what I'm talking about :lol: The battery holder is not fixed so can still easily be changed. TIA

8rad
Approved Member

Post by 8rad »

You and i think alike. I too copied Jasons topcat with the battery position.

Try and hunt down a steering enhancement kit and the short arm kit. A sway bar on the back will also help. And as you know shifting weight forward.
"It's not broken, it's British!"

zoomzoombang
Approved Member

Post by zoomzoombang »

that looks super! It seems mine has the battery holder much more forward compared to yours at the mo. My thinking was to use shorty and saddle packs. So when running shorty I'll need it to be more forward to make up for the weight difference.