DONATION TIME 8 YR OLD BOYs project gift Rustler!UPDATED!!!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: DONATION TIME 8 YR OLD BOYs project gift Rustler!UPDATE

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Daughters home from hospital doin fine.I managed to find 4 of those links screws need 4 more for front links.I will be going to hobby store to buy what hasnt been received in donations to finish out this project.Like the front hubs and 5x11 bearings,the steering turnbuckles and the hardware to mount the bellcranks.It it bearings or bushings go in those?Pancar front bearings flanged fit it but bet there too tall under chassis brace.Cant tell still need buy chassis brace.I did find some black 2.2 wheels new in my stash of parts,put them on istead of those white rustler wheels.And i need buy the servo saver too.And check out the bodies too.don

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Well a 90 mile trip and $70.00 bucks later i think ive acquired the rest that was needed even a brand new prepainted body for 19.95 .
HO-B MAX in North gate mall in Durham has moved beside Sears and has a road course carpet track and plans a racen club.They have rcs to rent and run on the tracks too.Say their gonna race twice a week.Say their on facebook.Very helpful guys there, even gave me ten percent off.
They are planning to raffle a huge weedeater powered monster truck too!!!.Hope to get this truck a roller tnite then hunt through my escs and motors and hook it up.DON

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Their OFFICIALLY ROLLERS NOW!!!!! I put the black wheels on with stock rustler tires and put foamies inside them,werent any foams in the stock tires an wheels.Had to cut down a servo saver they were out of stock.Then they gave me the wrong screws but found some in my misc. box of fasteners from years ago.Never toss any out lol unless stripped or badly corroded.the chassis brace is grey and the front bulkhead is grey and the hexes on the front are grey and wider than the original ones.They actually snap onto the axle pin real easy compared to the black ones that are a pain to pop on.I installed ball bearing steering too.Forgot to buy antenna tube so got a short one on it now til find one here some where.

Now to go do body mending on the black barley used body and add some graphite decaling to the black to set it off more.Plain black too basic.The new body is cool for the other truck.Not bad for prepainted 19.95 body.But will haft to make a taller rear body mount for it to work.DON

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Well ive finaly put futaba escs in both trucks after exstending the wires adding bullet connectors for motor on one and battery connectors on both escs.HPI radio set and tq radio set in other one.I forgot how much f a pain soldering can be with old stuff.Now to start cutn the new body and finish the decaling of old body and make the rear mount inch or so taller for the new body.Still need check a few 7.2 packs srr if good i have two that are so far.Don
TRYN FIGURE out how to get digital video done when present the trucks to them to post back here since what im doing has been questioned here as A SCAM................ Stuff like this just makes me wanna QUIT this hobby!!!!!! :roll: :cry:

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:TRYN FIGURE out how to get digital video done when present the trucks to them to post back here since what im doing has been questioned here as A SCAM................ Stuff like this just makes me wanna QUIT this hobby!!!!!! :roll: :cry:
Don, those that question you on the SCAM should ask themselves if you would go to all this trouble for traxxas rustler parts :roll: . Now if you were lookin to put together MIP 4x4 rc10 buggies for these 2 there should be questions asked but I'd still donate for it knowing you aren't that scamming person. Keep up the updates and hope they like them 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Electronics are in both trucks.And my hands killing me from trimming the HSP body man that lexan is thick!!! I got it decaled up,they put 3 sticker sheets in it when packaged the body 2 sheets the same one different.2 were for a totally different body.Nice paint work too red with flames and checkered flag.But the black body i may replace it looks worse with what i had to with the cracks and sorry sticker sheet i had.But think they only had 3 bodies prepainted all the same.May haft to drive to Wilson CHECK THEIR BODIES OUT or Goldsboro see what they have.don

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Well i been Lazy on finishing the trucks.I hate soldering batteries.I need to test my 2000 packs see if still workn,an remember how to use my tekin proflex charger again.Or should i just regular charge and just discharge them several times?Proflexing suppose to awaken the batteries after sitn ten years or more.Some were used 6 to 8 yrs ago still have leads for my car may swap stock ends on it for the kid and his dad and just use them since not sure on rest i have with no laeds.don

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

I'm glad to see things are coming along, and once again I'm sorry I couldn't send my parts. My parents think it's a scam, and they're in charge. There's not much I can do.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I just thought I'd mention Don (THUNDERSTRIKE1) sent me a pair of Proline wheels & tires, and funky Tamiya wheel adapters, for free. He didn't even ask me to cover shipping. So, based on that, I know this project isn't a scam. People who scam don't usually give out stuff for free.

Good luck wrapping up this project, Don, and looking forward to the video too!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

Yes. I know it's not a scam.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

I havent felt up to par so havent done anything rc for a week now,But i gotta finish getn the radio set setup and running.Hopefully this weekend and get it to them.Don