BST access

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

myfordcnc
Approved Member

Re: BST access

Post by myfordcnc »

Fine. i just worry about the cooling effect this may have. Most people don't like to be slapped on the hand. I know i would not. And it would effect how i view this site. From what I have observed we have about 800 or so active involved members. taking 200+ out for a month plus seems like a mistake to me. again just my opinion. Just because we play with small cars does not mean we are children.

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Its already in play and isn't going to be changed. As far as why and what the consequences are it really doesn't need to be discussed any further.

Todd

In my comprehension of the English language this means this thread is over, everybody is going to be ok and the site might even survive.

myfordcnc
Approved Member

Post by myfordcnc »

Oh good! I was worried for a moment. Nice to know every thing is tranquil again. Thank you.

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

So we all agree that nothing is going to change and not everyone will like the rules...? I'll be the first to admit that I didn't see the threads either, but I have also had my location listed in my profile for years. Either way, debating it will get you no where. We have a group of very resolute moderators here and they serve the site very well.

myfordcnc
Approved Member

Post by myfordcnc »

Don't get me wrong never did i think i would change any bodies mind.I was Just stating what i thought on the subject. Welcomed or not.

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

myfordcnc wrote:Fine. i just worry about the cooling effect this may have. Most people don't like to be slapped on the hand. I know i would not. And it would effect how i view this site. From what I have observed we have about 800 or so active involved members. taking 200+ out for a month plus seems like a mistake to me. again just my opinion. Just because we play with small cars does not mean we are children.

Well said by someone that doesnt even have a dog in the fight! Thanks ford!

In my case it was an honest mistake. I never saw the request. I would have done it immediatly had I saw it or was made aware. Matter of fact thats exactly what I did when I found out why I was sent to the corner for a time out.

Biggest problem I have with all this is I feel I have a very good reputation one here. I have had many transactions all with stellar feedback including many with with mods. I"ve even had conversations on the phone with mods about projects. I have some of my collection pics as part of the awesome 25yrs of the rc10. Im not one of these guys that come on here to make money in the bst. Heres the issue...The guys like myself that made honest mistakes get what I feel is a severe punishment for a petty crime yet well known scammers and scumbags who are on here for all the wrong reasons are allowed to continue using the bst and screw over the true good guys.

Im not really worried about my punishment. We are all playing with toy cars like we did when we were kids so I guess its only fair we get punished like we are kids.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Fast and I understand where you are coming from but the request to put your location in was made 8 months ago so it should be as no surprise to anyone. When I first signed up 7 years ago I put San Jose Ca for my location. Why are people so vague with their location? Are they afraid of someone coming to their house.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

shodog wrote:Are they afraid of someone coming to their house.
I'm afraid people will use the info to track down the local hobby shops I find all my old stock at. :twisted:

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Phin wrote:
shodog wrote:Are they afraid of someone coming to their house.
I'm afraid people will use the info to track down the local hobby shops I find all my old stock at. :twisted:
True that but in my case, out of the 7 million people in the SF Bay Area, myself and maybe three others are the only vintage parts chasers. But now it doesn't matter because I've already liquidated everything worth anything from my local shops.

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

shodog wrote:Fast and I understand where you are coming from but the request to put your location in was made 8 months ago so it should be as no surprise to anyone. When I first signed up 7 years ago I put San Jose Ca for my location. Why are people so vague with their location? Are they afraid of someone coming to their house.

Thats the thing...im not afraid at all! I just never saw the request! I had no problem adding it.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

The fact that you had/have a good reputation and are a long-standing member and STILL lost BST shows that we treat rules the same for everyone...including an AE Area manager I've gotten to know here, whom also lost his. Just saying-

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

I have to say... I saw it and I took a several month sabbatical from 10talk. Just sayin!

There was even a couple people complaining about it in a thread somewhere if I remember right? As if someone was going to steal their identity from the location of the city they live in or something... Its actually the exact reason I put City and State in mine! :mrgreen:

I think I would question it more if they didn't go through with the punishment they stated would happen. It makes it less of a big deal if you ask me.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Could this be a “George Orwell syndrome” that we are discussing?
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

myfordcnc wrote:Don't get me wrong never did i think i would change any bodies mind.I was Just stating what i thought on the subject. Welcomed or not.
And that's part of why this forum is as good as it is. I'm not jumping on your back either, nor is anybody else. Any other forum and you would have needed a flame proof suit! I wouldn't go so far as to say that your thoughts aren't welcomed though...

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

This happens all the time in the I.T. world; people get a reminder that they have 5 days remaining to change their password. 4, 3, 2, 1 day(s) remaining...and without fail, the majority of people call me the following day, saying "I can't login!" :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3