TEAM TEKIN 2014 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS • SEPT 5-7TH

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

UserUnrelated
Approved Member

Re: 2014 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS • SEPT 5-7TH - WOLCOTT HO

Post by UserUnrelated »

I am using the mamba to power my brushed motor :wink:
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w409/UUphonebox/Mobile%20Uploads/0628142229_zps68865939.jpg

But I will need to remember to get some tires before it gets too close!
Also, what timing system is run? Would the newest Mylaps RC4 'ponders work?

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Ah ok. When I hear mamba I think motors lol. Yes they have the new AMB system

pumpkinfish
Approved Member

Post by pumpkinfish »

Are WOIN cars allowed? Also I have a Yokomo super dogfighter 2 (MR4-BC). Is that allowed in 4wd?

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

WOIN cars are allowed. Unfortunately the Yokomo is too new. Sorry

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Re: TEAM TEKIN 2014 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS • SEPT 5-7TH

Post by Erich Reichert »

Some exciting sponsor news for all of you!

We'd like to welcome Team Tekin back for 2014 as title sponsor of the Vintage Offroad Nationals!

We're also happy to announce that the 2WD class will be brought to you by Team Associated's RC10 Worlds Car!

Hitec will be your class sponsor for the 4WD class once again!

Pro-Line Racing will be bringing you all the high flying car crushing action as sponsor of Heavy Metal!

New for 2014 we'd like to welcome Kyosho as class sponsor for Classic!

pumpkinfish
Approved Member

Post by pumpkinfish »

What about wings and bodies? Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure I don't show up unprepared!

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Bodies just need to be old style. The two biggest things for the race are for the cars to look older and for everyone to have a good time and be able to participate. That's pretty much it!

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

Another tire question here. Have M3 suburbs or blue barcodes fared well at Wolcott? I'm just wondering if the super duper softs are quite so necessary, or if it's more to do with traction hogs shaving their M4s bald and putting sauce on them...?

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Not really sure about that one. We just all run as soft as possible. Some guys shave tires and yes their faster for it but its totally up to you.

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

Erich Reichert wrote:Not really sure about that one. We just all run as soft as possible. Some guys shave tires and yes their faster for it but its totally up to you.

Are the ins and outs of the event covered in detail during the drivers meeting for those of us who have never participated in an organized racing event? Also, how do most racers manage their tires for practice and racing? Do they use one set of tires to practice and another for the race?

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Yes we'll talk about everything for people that don't race. Again not sure about all that with the tires. I run the same ones for months. I don't know that your really wear them out much running stock and while it's fun to win and be competitive it's sort or the second point behind having fun man. I hope you come to have fun, that's what we're all about

Mark Westerfield
Approved Member

Post by Mark Westerfield »

When I run there, I have a set of Pro-line Holeshot 2.0 in M4 compound, Jconcepts And-1 inserts for practice time when the track is not swept, for racing when the track is swept I use Pro-line Scrubs(f)/Suburbs(r) in M4 compound, with stock inserts(f)/AKA red inserts(r) with Sticky Kicks red traction compound.

Reinaldo,
Jconcepts blue and green compound is just not as fast as Pro-line M4 compound at Wolcott. I've never tried M3 compound at the track so I can't tell you on those. I like Hot Bodies pink tires in 4wd, but not in 2wd. Normally a AKA insert in the rear and standard insert in front. I use Sticky Kicks red for traction compound. Only Alex and Kyle have put down decent runs with slicks in the right conditions, nobody really runs them. Alex has been running Jconcepts Dirt Webs in black compound and says that they work well.

R/Cat,
Most racers prefer the tires to have 2 or 3 (6 min) runs on them before they feel like they are broken in and ready to run for their qualifiers and mains. Run the same tires for qualifiers and mains as long as they are not worn out and making the car loose.

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

Mark Westerfield wrote:When I run there, I have a set of Pro-line Holeshot 2.0 in M4 compound, Jconcepts And-1 inserts for practice time when the track is not swept, for racing when the track is swept I use Pro-line Scrubs(f)/Suburbs(r) in M4 compound, with stock inserts(f)/AKA red inserts(r) with Sticky Kicks red traction compound.

Reinaldo,
Jconcepts blue and green compound is just not as fast as Pro-line M4 compound at Wolcott. I've never tried M3 compound at the track so I can't tell you on those. I like Hot Bodies pink tires in 4wd, but not in 2wd. Normally a AKA insert in the rear and standard insert in front. I use Sticky Kicks red for traction compound. Only Alex and Kyle have put down decent runs with slicks in the right conditions, nobody really runs them. Alex has been running Jconcepts Dirt Webs in black compound and says that they work well.

R/Cat,
Most racers prefer the tires to have 2 or 3 (6 min) runs on them before they feel like they are broken in and ready to run for their qualifiers and mains. Run the same tires for qualifiers and mains as long as they are not worn out and making the car loose.
Ok, thanks. That really helps. I bought PL Holeshots M3/soft compound w/ inserts for the outdoor track last year but ended up not being able to make it to the race so to keep it simple and inexpensive I'll probably just use them this year as you described. How does qualifying work? Does each racer go individually?

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

IFMAR qualifying rules.

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

stickboy007 wrote:IFMAR qualifying rules.

Thanks. Just took a brief look at them online and it's quite a long read. I guess I have two months to get through it all. :)