CRP/Turbo Scorpion Racer

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

shodog
Approved Member

Re: CRP/Turbo Scorpion Racer

Post by shodog »

I double checked and they are CRP instead of JG as I said earlier. I have a NIP set of those for my scorpion build. The Guard I'm pretty sure is JG. It looks exactly like mine.

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

shodog wrote:Those braces are made by JG and so is the rear Guard. I have a set of those for my scorpion build
thanks shodog

mjtown
Approved Member

Post by mjtown »

Hmmmm.... this is very interesting indeed. Prior to putting my Turbo Scorp into storage due to lack of spare parts in Australia I had straightened the chassis rails due to frontal imapct AND smashed up the plastic motor guard. I think I'll need to track down a pair of those chassis braces and a motor guard, or at least make some up so that I've got some 'protection' this time around.

I'm a bit new to this hop-up business though. It seems like most of the companies making these were based in the USA. I'm familiar with a few via this thread and other sources, but who were JG?

On a cool note, I just received a 'new in box' Le Mans 240SB for the resurrection of the Turbo Scorpion, and I've got together an excellent set of Option House gold shocks for it too. Now I need to make some longer front shock towers though....

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

mjtown wrote:Hmmmm.... this is very interesting indeed. Prior to putting my Turbo Scorp into storage due to lack of spare parts in Australia I had straightened the chassis rails due to frontal imapct AND smashed up the plastic motor guard. I think I'll need to track down a pair of those chassis braces and a motor guard, or at least make some up so that I've got some 'protection' this time around.
Thos parts wouldn’t be too hard to find, check out German eBay.de
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Help needed

I need some help, because I won this buggy but he only ships to US and not to Sweden! So I need a go-between helping me getting it to Sweden. If anyone is willing to help me place send me a PM :P
$(KGrHqZ,!hIE45273ru2BOQzWsqQtw~~_12.jpg
$(KGrHqZ,!hIE45273ru2BOQzWsqQtw~~_12.jpg (37.81 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
$(KGrHqZ,!hIE45273ru2BOQzWsqQtw~~_12.jpg
$(KGrHqZ,!hIE45273ru2BOQzWsqQtw~~_12.jpg (37.81 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Which body is that actually?

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Mr. ED wrote:Which body is that actually?
It looks to be a McAllistair body, and they are rare. So you can understand that I’m desperate for some help here! :?
McAllister Scorpion Body 1.jpg
McAllister Scorpion Body 2.jpg
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

I'm in belgium so , sorry

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

You guys on RC10Talk are the best! I have got the help I needed, thanks! :D :D :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

turbo scorpion

Post by turbo scorpion »

great thread!!! a turbo scorpion was my first rc build, and i still have it. im actually trying to restore it and ran into a small problem, one front shock is MIA! im hoping you can help me find a replacement. my favorite would be a stock vintage one. second would be the ones you used, though i cant seem to find em on yeah racings site, atleast without buying four of each.

i also wana find gears since i dont wana break mine and be stuck not running.

do you have specific info like part numbers/sites that currently carry them?

looking forward to seeing more posts on your project, looks awsome!!!

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

turbo scorpion - Welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of knowledge available here, and many friends to make. That said, you aren't supposed to ask for help sourcing parts in the forums. Once you have been a contributing member for a while, you may gain access to the Buy/Sell/Trade section which will help you in your pursuits immensely. For what it's worth, until then ebay is your marketplace...

See rule #6 here: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=154

And this too: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewforum.php?f=52

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

turbo scorpion wrote:great thread!!! a turbo scorpion was my first rc build, and i still have it. im actually trying to restore it and ran into a small problem, one front shock is MIA! im hoping you can help me find a replacement. my favorite would be a stock vintage one. second would be the ones you used, though i cant seem to find em on yeah racings site, atleast without buying four of each.

i also wana find gears since i dont wana break mine and be stuck not running.

do you have specific info like part numbers/sites that currently carry them?

looking forward to seeing more posts on your project, looks awsome!!!

Hi and welcome to RC10Talk!

I’m glad that you like my thread and my car.
About the front shocks, they are not so hard to find on eBay. Search Kyosho Optima front shocks or/and Scorpion.
The Yeah Racing shocks are sold in a bag of 4 always for the 60 mm long ones. The longer ones are sold as a pair. For a runner I prefer modern shocks front and rear.
The gears you are looking for SC-61, but SC-39 will also work perfect for your car (same same) and you find them on eBay to.

Good luck with your renovation and place share this with us by staring a thread. :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

turbo scorpion

Post by turbo scorpion »

thanks for the warm welcome. sorry about blundering the forum rules though.
once i get my TS parts i will start a thread on it. I love this car, the build quality is just awsome and building it was a great expieriance.
I will follow this thread and hope to see more Turbo Scorpion pics and even videos.
Thank you for your help.
Brian

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Some update on my Turbo Scorpion runner…

We have a Swedish vintage indoor carpet race coming up in the end of March.
I think will entry the race with my Scorpion; my problem is that I never raced the Scorpion before except against my friends at a backyard way back. In -87 I took my TS to the local club and run it once… The day after I purchased Schumacher CAT…

At first I thought to take it easy and have fun, “it’s just a 5 lap speed race”… But after I while the old racer was popping up on my shoulder telling me to start preparing the old car...

So I got myself a new LRP V10 2X17 with a soft torque and a high top end speed brunched motor. And a set of slicks on 2.2” HPI wheels for the event. Last week I did the first testing, but ran in to some trouble immediately… It over steered in to the corner and under steered out. The ride height was too high that resulted in that the car was tripping over the front wheel. So this weekend I made a pair of extended front shock tower, this allowed me to lower the frontend with about 15mm. I have also made a new slightly higher wing mount and a bigger wing.

Hopefully these mods will help me to keep the car on its wheels. There is huge deferens between a car from 88-89 compared with the TS from 85-86. The TS front track is 200mm and rear is 230mm compared with 250mm newer car. I have mange to increase the front track width with CRP arm shaft with 14mm to 214mm. So you can’t expect to go as fast with old narrow TS as you can do with over an inch wider car.

So if you have any tips and tricks to increase the performance on this 27 years old racer I will be grateful!
Bild75-1.jpg
Bild76-1.jpg
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Mad Racer
Approved Member

Post by Mad Racer »

If you are racing on Carpet drop the ride height as low as you can go.( Start of with the chassis even from front to rear) Put harder springs on, Thicker oil all round.

Than play with the balance of the chassis. ( Want more steering raise the rear ride height very slightly. Less steering lower the back and raise the front.) Play with tyre width too if you can. Fatter tyres = more grip. Remember raising or lowering the shock collar ( Pre load) does not change the spring rate.

If you made longer shock towers you may still get too much droop ( Travel) in the suspension You will see this on off power as it will roll around.. Try to use limiters inside the shock. ( Shock spacers work well just make sure they are all even in length .

Just remember the Scorpion is a off road car not built for on road carpet so it will have lots of limitations on carpet..
Vintage . Older is Better !!!!!!! Vintage At Boondal, Australia.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/548133-off-road-vintage-boondal.html