What's in a name? Screen name that is.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: What's in a name? Screen name that is.

Post by klavy69 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...too much....

seen the bald guy(singer) get dropped at a gay rights rally somewhere across the pond...it was on one of those 'out of control' type shows where everyone is punching everyone. The guy that nailed his butt(no pun intended) was a preacher :wink: ....
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

klavy69 wrote: The guy that nailed his butt(no pun intended) was a preacher :wink: ....
Todd
The Lord works in mysterious ways. :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

Halgar wrote:
klavy69 wrote: The guy that nailed his butt(no pun intended) was a preacher :wink: ....
Todd
The Lord works in mysterious ways. :mrgreen:
Right said Halgar :mrgreen:

My nick derived from MSCFS2 Pacific Theater. I was pretty good at it and my brother calls one day to see if I am going to play. I told him I might go a cause some racket. At least a tad. It has been tadracket ever since. Wow, that was almost 8 years ago. Man, I wasted a lot of time gaming.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Gotta bump this great thread-feel free to add some more!!

Goatless
Approved Member

Post by Goatless »

I get asked all the time. What had happened was........

In 1995, when my 1st daughter was born, me and the wife had 8 acres in the country. Chickens, cows, a bull, pony for the baby, and of course, goats! Life was great!!

In 2003, life sucked, and we divorced. She didn't fair to well in the divorce. I got custody of the kids, both vehicles, the house and livestock. She got her clothes. While separated, I auctioned off the cattle and pony to pay for the divorce, keeping the cows and goats. I wasn't gonna part with my goats dammit!!

While working out of town one week, the bitch came and took ALL of my goats and sold them at auction!! Not long after, that house (built in 1923) burned to the ground and me and the girls moved to the city. So....since about 2004, I have been Goat-LESS. :cry:

I've tried and tried to convince the gf to get a pygmy for the yard, but she refuses :? So, for now, I will remain Goatless in TN. :roll:
"I'm like the fat girl at the prom, just glad to be here!!!

Southern Fried Racing : The Sequel

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Damn Goatless I hope you get at least one goat back real soon. I'd like to have about 9 running in my yard just so I didn't have to mow. :roll: Not to complicate things, but here's a similar thread to this.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=15633&hilit
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Goatless
Approved Member

Post by Goatless »

Ah, I see.

BTW, I've always liked your late model avatar. :mrgreen: I'm a dirt track guy. :wink:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Goatless wrote:Ah, I see.

BTW, I've always liked your late model avatar. :mrgreen: I'm a dirt track guy. :wink:
Thanks. I love my Dom. As for the similar thread comment, it was really aimed at the bump post. I think the other one is a bit more complete and would've made a better bump, but it's hard to sort thru all the threads that have amassed in this wonderful world here. This forum is the perfect example of my Big Bang theory of the internet. I'd explain it, but since I simply stole it I think it's pretty self-explanatory. :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Since my last name is Wilson, my high school shop teacher who was a real wiseass and had nicknames for everyone called me Flip, like the comedian Flip Wilson. Hence my board name (had to add a random number on a few forums since flipwils was already taken).

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

i am de kaiser, dat is all you need to know.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

kaiser wrote:i am de kaiser, dat is all you need to know.
:lol:

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Orange... Where do I start.

I could say my favorite color is Orange, but really its blue...

I could say Orange because nothing rhymes with it....

Orange came from me and a bunch of friends about 12 years ago that played league pool... We were drinking and playing pool one night and decided we would all paint our cars the colors of billiard balls... One guy was bald and he got to be cue ball which is what I wanted, but it fit him better and he has forever been called cue ball. Another guy liked green so he was Green #6... You get the picture... I was the 5 ball which is Orange and since I already painted my bodies orange, it fit...
Since it was my idea, Orange Racing Team was started and all of us made screen names on Trinity Tech Talk that indicated what color ball we were... Like Orange. or BlueStripe, etc... Since the whole crazy idea was mine and I was the guy that worked at the hobby shop, I was kinda the ringleader of the group, it was decided that we would be "Orange Racing Team"

Most forums... I am Orange... But there are a couple that it was taken but they are just poser's, LOL... In those cases I am probably AZOrange on those boards.

And so this is where "Orange" came from...
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

On any forum I intend to frequent regularly, I always use the same nick. I don't feel the need to change things up or be someone different wherever I go. Maybe it's a bit of a legacy, if you go to a forum and see a Coelacanth there, I practically guarantee you it is/was me. If it's a forum I join only because I need something quick and don't plan on contributing much, I'll choose something relevant to the forum subject; i.e. I joined a Chevy Equinox/Pontiac Torrent forum & chose the nick "Torrid".

As far as why I chose to be represented by a living fossil...I just always thought the coelacanth was cool. Man has been on the planet only about 100 thousand years, while the coelacanth has been around 400 million years! They were swimming in the oceans before dinosaurs ruled the Earth, and are still around. Talk about flipping the bird at evolution! I'm also a Pisces and have a degree in Zoology, not sure how relevant that is, but there you go.

And as a last note, to all the people who end up calling me "Cole"...it should be noted that "coelacanth" is pronounced "SEE-la-canth". ;)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Goatless
Approved Member

Post by Goatless »

Coelacanth wrote:On any forum I intend to frequent regularly, I always use the same nick. I don't feel the need to change things up or be someone different wherever I go. Maybe it's a bit of a legacy, if you go to a forum and see a Coelacanth there, I practically guarantee you it is/was me. If it's a forum I join only because I need something quick and don't plan on contributing much, I'll choose something relevant to the forum subject; i.e. I joined a Chevy Equinox/Pontiac Torrent forum & chose the nick "Torrid".

As far as why I chose to be represented by a living fossil...I just always thought the coelacanth was cool. Man has been on the planet only about 100 thousand years, while the coelacanth has been around 400 million years! They were swimming in the oceans before dinosaurs ruled the Earth, and are still around. Talk about flipping the bird at evolution! I'm also a Pisces and have a degree in Zoology, not sure how relevant that is, but there you go.

And as a last note, to all the people who end up calling me "Cole"...it should be noted that "coelacanth" is pronounced "SEE-la-canth". ;)
So THAT'S what that is!! :lol: