Schumacher Cat/Cat XL/Cat XLS Parts

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

CNA75
Approved Member

Schumacher Cat/Cat XL/Cat XLS Parts

Post by CNA75 »

Can anyone tell me whether the parts for the Schumacher Cat, Cat XL and Cat XLS are the same? Also, there appear to be various parts listed on EBAY with part numbers beginning with U. Does anyone know whether I can locate a list which sets out which part numbers are for which car?

The reason for asking is that I have been looking for a NIB XL/XLS for quite some time now but they do not appear to come up at all on EBAY (or anywhere else for that matter)!! I am, therefore thinking about buying a used one of these cars and restoring it if possible. As such, grateful if someone could give me advice re the above.....

dangermouse
Approved Member

Re: Schumacher Cat/Cat XL/Cat XLS Parts

Post by dangermouse »

A lot of the parts are interchangeable between them.

An XL is basically a SWB with a longer chassis/topdeck, main belt and cover plus body and undertray. BITD Schumacher sold a LWB upgrade kit for the SWB's to make them more drivable.

An XLS is a hotted up XL. It came with all the factory upgrade parts for the XL. It has front ball diff and one way driveshafts, and modifications to widen the front and rear suspension with improved geometry. Also has the nice chrome plated rims.

Download the manuals and have a look. The XL manual hasn't got a parts list though the part numbers are listed throughout it.

SWB manual.http://www.retromodelisme.com/manuels_pages/3/cat-schumacher.html
XL manual. http://www.retromodelisme.com/manuels_pages/53/cat-xl-schumacher.html
XLS manual. http://www.oople.com/rc/manuals/xls/

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

Thanks a lot for this info. So, does that mean that all the parts which have numbers beginning with "U" are for more recent Schumacher models?

dangermouse
Approved Member

Post by dangermouse »

Yea, I think most of the parts starting with "U" are for the more modern cars.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Most of the vintage CAT parts are A and T prefix part numbers.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

CNA75 wrote:The reason for asking is that I have been looking for a NIB XL/XLS for quite some time now but they do not appear to come up at all on EBAY (or anywhere else for that matter)!! I am, therefore thinking about buying a used one of these cars and restoring it if possible. As such, grateful if someone could give me advice re the above.....
Not to be a downer, but in all of the years I have been collecting early Shuey parts, I think I have seen maybe one or two NIB CATs come up on eBay. And those went really big dollar, and they were both XT/XTRs. A few of the forum members have NIB SWB kits, but didn't procure them on eBay, AFAIK.

In my quest to continue to clean out my workshop, I might be convinced to part with my SWB projects and parts, but after the recent prices for a beater on eBay UK, I donno if I shouldn't post them to the auctions first. Crypes, they got a little bit scarce, eh?

doug

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

Eau Rouge wrote:Not to be a downer, but in all of the years I have been collecting early Shuey parts, I think I have seen maybe one or two NIB CATs come up on eBay. And those went really big dollar, and they were both XT/XTRs. A few of the forum members have NIB SWB kits, but didn't procure them on eBay, AFAIK.
I wondered whether that may be the case re the NIB kits, which is obviously very disappointing to hear! Having said that, NIP CAT parts and NIB CAT kits must be available somewhere because I see a few of the guys on this forum showing pics of CATs (on this forum and elsewhere) which look absolutely fantastic and which must have been built with a good number (if not completely) of NIP parts. Seems like you just have to be "in the know" as regards where to get them....

Obvioulsy, that's an open invitation to anyone who can help me out with getting hold of NIP parts or a NIB kit..... :wink:

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

I think what you are seeing is people who are putting together shelfers from parts they have been collecting for years. I have watched for several years on e-bay and here, and NIP parts are quite rare. However, I have recently sold most of my collection of parts for the XL/XLS, and was suprised that some of the stuff went so low dollar :( . Just be patient, and you will eventually find the parts you need. -Jeff

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

CNA75 wrote:Obvioulsy, that's an open invitation to anyone who can help me out with getting hold of NIP parts or a NIB kit..... :wink:

Charles, check your PM box. ;)