good cop bad cop approach!lol

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

murphy3428
Approved Member

good cop bad cop approach!lol

Post by murphy3428 »

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/1410101382.htmlYour vintage RC cars from the 70s and 80s. - $1500 (Allentown)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-07, 1:08AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your old RC cars and parts in the closet may be worth hundreds. The following models are especially valuable. RC10 gold pan, RC10t aluminum chassis, RC10 Graphite, RC10 Worlds Car, Kyosho Optima, Kyosho Javelin, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Tamiya Super Champ, Tamiya F-150, Tamiya Bruiser, Tamiya Hilux, Tamiya Holliday, Tamiya Porsche 959, or almost anything from the 70s or 80s in good condition with their original box. Some of these can easily fetch $100-$500 on Ebay in used condition. The Sand Scorcher, Super Champ, F-150, Bruiser, Hilux, or Holliday may be worth up to $1500 EACH if they are in mint condition or unassembled. Even some of the old Nikkos are worth well over $100. Beware of buyers who offer lowball sums for your old RC cars and parts. Always check Ebay first to see about what they actually sell for in the same condition.

I am a collector of old RC cars. I can't afford to buy any Bruisers, Hilux, Sand Scorchers, Hollidays, or F-150s unless they are in really bad shape and you only want a couple hundred for them. But I will pay up to $200 for a nice original RC10, RC10t, or Optima. If you have one, check Ebay for the final sale price in the same condition. I will probably offer about 80% of that and pay in cash. If they are unopened or unassembled in their original box, then I can't even afford to give you what they are really worth. I am not looking to re-sell anything. I am just a collector.

If you do get a lower offer for any of your old RC cars, be sure to check Ebay first. Don't let anyone scam you. I'm no expert but I've been in the hobby for a few years and I know what these things are actually worth. If you have a closet full of old Tamiya, Kyosho, or Associated RC cars, trucks, or parts, you may have a gold mine there. In 1996, I bought a small collection of Tamiya, RC10, and Traxxas cars and parts. About 6 cars alltogether. I paid $700. Today, that same collection would sell for over $2,000 on Ebay. The MIP 4WD kit for the RC10 alone is worth over $500. Last year, an unassembled unopened stock RC10 sold for over $700. An unassembled amphibian vehicle from the 70s sold for over $2,000. Almost anything unassembled in the original box is worth two to three times its original value. Maybe even more. So be carefull. Don't get scammed. If you do want a generous offer for a nice RC10, RC10t, or Kyosho Optima, let me know. I do want a Bruiser someday but I just can't afford to pay what they are worth right now. Just beware of those lowball offers. These people only want your collection so they can sell it on Ebay and make a giant profit. There is one in particular from this area who has made a second career out of it. I won't give you his name but he is a heavy smoker. His cash offers are very stingy. Beware. Its your gold mine.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1410101382

mikedealer
Approved Member

Re: good cop bad cop approach!lol

Post by mikedealer »

with that ad wording why wouldnt someone just sell on ebay lol

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

Ah, Allentown, my old home town. I wonder who the stingy heavy smoker from the area is...Scr8p is that you!?!? :mrgreen:

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

I couldn't believe it when I saw this LMAO does the guy really think he is a saint. For one there is no set price on any vintage rc so how can he claim to know what they are worth the price is only set by the person who wants that particular item more than anybody else at the exact time it is available and in the exact condition no one can predict the future and what a item will be worth on that particular day and time. To see a so called collector right something like this is beyond me does he know how much time a true collector spends on trying to locate the right part or kit why shouldn't once in a great moon find a good deal, this guy basicly is saying that all collectors are crooks don't trust them show me what you have first so I can see if I am interested in what you have because you can trust me I am the all knowing RC GOD. RIDICULAS

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

murphy3428 wrote:I won't give you his name but he is a heavy smoker.
Hmmm, sounds like someone we all know here and he's just outside of Allentown! :lol:
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

bscotti
Approved Member

Post by bscotti »

he hasn't replied yet cause he's out closing a deal ... :twisted:
Classics rule, moderns drool

RedScampi  It’s my birthday!
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

It sounds like he's trying to talk the sellers out of dealing with him.
Gary

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

there's no way that it could be me. i don't like to type that much. :wink: :mrgreen:

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

scr8p wrote:there's no way that it could be me. i don't like to type that much. :wink: :mrgreen:
I think they meant you were the heavy smoker the guy was referring to

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i don't smoke, the cigarettes do. :P :P :lol:

i wonder if he is talking about me, though. i guess i'll have to get in touch with him. i'm sure i'm not the only person in this area that collects vintage r/c's, in fact i KNOW i'm not. the timing of it is kinda funny if he is talking about me. i haven't bought anything locally in over 2 years. most of the stuff i get is directly from my local hobby shops, and even then it's just misc parts, not complete cars.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

scr8p wrote:i don't smoke, the cigarettes do. :P :P :lol:

i wonder if he is talking about me, though. i guess i'll have to get in touch with him. i'm sure i'm not the only person in this area that collects vintage r/c's, in fact i KNOW i'm not. the timing of it is kinda funny if he is talking about me. i haven't bought anything locally in over 2 years. most of the stuff i get is directly from my local hobby shops, and even then it's just misc parts, not complete cars.
Question is though bloke, are you heavy? If not, then it's probably not you :wink:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i'm probably of average height and weight. so, i guess it just can't be me. :lol: :lol:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

S :o
T :?
R :x
O :evil:
K :twisted:
E :twisted:

Der Kommissar
Approved Member

Post by Der Kommissar »

That's the 3rd time that ad has been posted. It's funny because I have a wanted ad on Craigslist and people still respond to it, so I guess his approach isn't working so well.
If it isn't broke, I haven't driven it yet.

Romulus-10
Business Member

Post by Romulus-10 »

Allentown, wow I lived there in the late 80's-early 90's. I drove around it about six months ago while traveling around the US, and I must say it was very sad. Some parts are like a ghost town, beautiful buildings , empty. Couldn't believe the Hess's department store was no longer. There toy department at Christmas was amazing, later i dated some of the chicks from the makeup department. Ah fond memories. Can't talk about Allentown without mentioning Al Fundo and Dorney Park. Sorry I don't get to talk about that city to much. I could go on and on, but I guess this thread as not an Allentown one.