Let's list our oddball racing equipment

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Let's list our oddball racing equipment

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

We all know about the mainstream stuff needed for racing, but everyone list your secret, or just good ideas. It might help everyone to see what people are doing outside their own track. Mine is no secret, but just a good idea(in my opinion anyway). Got mine on sale for $19.99 so keep your eye out. Nice, large and has adjustable slots. I store my radio, chargers, power supply, batteries and other things that stay relatively out of the dirt in here. It locks too, which I luckily I don't need where I race, but nice to have just in case. :wink:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=35777
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

treehugger
Approved Member

Re: Let's list our oddball racing equipment

Post by treehugger »

maybe it me thumbs but i dont see the point in locking something that can be picked up and walked of with a bit cynical i know but it sometimes sucks be a realist
as for the case prety cool i have a similar thing but in plasic for when i go to the track or lot

Paul
Attachments
002.JPG
001.JPG

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2794-490&categoryid=10020&brand=

It's a compact folding table with 2 seats. It all folds up into a briefcase size package. Perfect for setting up an outdoor pit area. 1 seat to sit on, the other for the starterbox, I usually set it up behind my vw with the hatch open and the tool box in the trunk. it makes for an efficient, and easy to set up work area for the outdoor dirt ovals I've been to.

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

aconsola wrote:http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2794-490&categoryid=10020&brand=

It's a compact folding table with 2 seats. It all folds up into a briefcase size package. Perfect for setting up an outdoor pit area. 1 seat to sit on, the other for the starterbox, I usually set it up behind my vw with the hatch open and the tool box in the trunk. it makes for an efficient, and easy to set up work area for the outdoor dirt ovals I've been to.
now thats a cool idea then the trunk becomes your lockable toolbox when you go to races
its funny hearing them called trunks again maybe i should come back and get a refresher course in the queens english
Paul

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

treehugger wrote:maybe it me thumbs but i dont see the point in locking something that can be picked up and walked of with a bit cynical i know but it sometimes sucks be a realist
True, but it's a lot harder to walk off with a large shiny aluminum case than it is to reach out and snatch a tool or battery as you walk by. :wink:
its funny hearing them called trunks again maybe i should come back and get a refresher course in the queens english
I think he's referring to the trunk of his car. :lol: :P
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

I think he's referring to the trunk of his car.
thats funny the next thing you know they want to be calling the hood the bonnet or something daft like that

paul

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

The good ol' boot and bonnet. :lol: :lol:
The table is a cool idea. The large tool and tackle boxes are also very nice. I have one for each type of car/truck I have.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

arf
Approved Member

Post by arf »

When I ran my Bolink I had a snap-on motor heat sink with a cap that you could add a small amount of liquid to help cooling. Can't remember who made it but on the grid I used to make a show of adding Slurpee ice to it before racing.
Attachments
slurpee-web.jpg