Post your cheap prices on tech stuff here

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post your cheap prices on tech stuff here

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I know this charger has been mentioned here before, but a buddy of mine got one so I got to mess with it first hand and I can’t see how you can go wrong with it. Comes with about every type of connector, an A/C plug, usb and software for a computer. I can’t speak for the longevity of it obviously, but it actually seems better than my Hyperion.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

I bought 2 of these today as backup for my Maxamps packs. I’ve seen them mentioned here before too. I think they might become my main batteries because of the less punch they’ll provide. It should help my driving(I hope) :roll: .
http://cgi.ebay.com/7-4v-5000mAh-30C-2S-lipo-Piles-Accus-RC-Batterie-WF_W0QQitemZ270464697267QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFR_YO_Jeux_RadioComRobots_VehiculesRadiocommandes?hash=item3ef8f3c3b3

I haven’t tried them so I can’t speak for quality, but for $52 to the door for 2 of them it’s worth the risk.

Anyway, Spring is coming for most of us. Fall for others(Suckas!) :P so I thought a thread with some good deals on things people need would be a good idea. I had to buy a balance board to match the batteries for my Hyperion, but it was only $6.

I should have mentioned that I’m 99.9% sure the balance tap on these batteries matches the one on this charger, so you wouldn’t need anything else.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

DrumAnBass

Re: Post your cheap prices on tech stuff here

Post by DrumAnBass »

Yah I have that Thunder AC6 Charger and it works great for me.

I found the software that it comes with is basically useless however.

Here is an eBay auction for a cheap brushed ESC from Hong Kong that I bought for a basher, works great so far with a 17t motor; no issues. $14.32 USD shipped.

http://is.gd/aUZoz

blown5.0
Approved Member

Post by blown5.0 »

I just bought one of those chargers today due to all the good feedback it has been getting.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I got an AC6 I never got to use. It's dead, after trying to charge a NiMh that I bought with it. So either the pack took out the charger, or the charger took out the pack, I can't be sure. I went down the path thinking it was a bad pack, because the charger seemed to charge a lipo, and hobbypartz was kind enough to exchange the pack. I waited too long on the charger, because I thought it was OK, so I got stiffed out of warranty. So just make sure you test it in a variety of scenarios as soon as you get it. I tried to fix it, but there is a design flaw that can allow damage to the main chip through an overvoltage. I can explain more if you'd like, but under almost all scenarios, it shouldn't be a problem.

my buddy has one and it's been working great for him charging all kinds of packs. so that kinda sucked. I think I'm gonna pick up the turnigy 6 something or other(hobbycity), it's basically the same charger, but without the AC/DC brick(which I now have with no charger, unfortunately.)

Hobbycity is good for cheap gear, with the assumption that it will usually work. we buy a bunch of stuff for foamie airplanes and 450 class helis, they have a super cheap trex clone that is of relatively good quality. we buy lipo packs, servos, escs, and other stuff from those guys. I picked up a nice hardcase lipo from them for bashing around, the blue one, that is actually 4 cells, 2S2P, but I haven't gotten a chance to try it out other than running it for a few seconds on the floor of my basement.

sorry to be so long winded......

DrumAnBass

Post by DrumAnBass »

I bought my Thunder AC6 through Amazon from Xheli (http://www.xheli.com/) which is based here in California. So I knew if it didn't work it would be easy to send it back if necessary. Thankfully I didn't have any issues; bummer that yours was DOA. Quality control obviously isn't the greatest on the cheap chinese stuff.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

yeah, that was my fault for not ringing out well enough to see if it was broken. live and learn.....

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

Ordered some Deans cheers, 3 sets to UK works out at $0.60 a pair posted to here, amazing price :D

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

i never bought from here, so i cant vouch for anything, but sometimes i google parts and get wholesale chinese distributors making parts like below

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/manufacturers/827749/products-list.html

8rad
Approved Member

Post by 8rad »

I just bought a re-manufactured GTB Spread Spectrum from the Team Novak website for $79.99. I know the GTB is starting to show its age but I have seen used GTB Spread Spectrums go on ebay for over $100. Pretty good deal in my opinion. Comes with 120 day warranty and sensor harness too!.

http://www.shopatron.com/products/category/135.0.1.1.62703.0.0.0.0
"It's not broken, it's British!"

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

Just a footnote, excellent quality Deans, ordered three sets to get bulk discount, that worked out at $0.60 a pair with shrinkwrap, arrived in UK in 12 days :D