amazing Wall.E

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

59burst
Approved Member

amazing Wall.E

Post by 59burst »

RC10Talk
Approved Member

Re: amazing Wall.E

Post by RC10Talk »

pretty darn cool. Too bad I didn't care for that movie much

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

went to all that effort and still has a wired mouse/keyboard and a dodgy monitor :lol: :lol:
thanks for sharing!

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

I ...Like>>>It............ :mrgreen:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

e..e...Evaaaaaaa

i like that movie. :)

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

enjoyed the movie. Would be cooler if the wall-e eyes were projectors....

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

you know....I don't want to nitpick, but.......he did a ton of quality fab work all around, whittling that thing out of some pretty pricey flat stock aluminum, with very intricate detail on buttons and patina, etc, etc..........I would have expected to see real treads instead of a flat sheet with the 'faux' treads bolted on.

otherwise, that has got to be the most expensive computer case I've ever seen taking into account the raw material and typical labor rates.......

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

I must say the guy did a fantastic job on the entire thing. I kind of agree with jwscab though. He could have saved himself some money on material and used black delrin for the treads.

Regardless the guy definately has more skill then I do so who am I am question why he didn't do a particular thing.

Is there a market for custom computer cases? Image

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

bigjeepzz wrote:I must say the guy did a fantastic job on the entire thing. I kind of agree with jwscab though. He could have saved himself some money on material and used black delrin for the treads.

Regardless the guy definately has more skill then I do so who am I am question why he didn't do a particular thing.

Is there a market for custom computer cases? Image
If there is, the value is worth nowhere near the amount of work involved, or the value to the original builder. About the only way you can profit by modding cases is to have people commission you to build something to their needs.

I was into that scene back around 2002 or so, before just about anyone had heard of case modding...back when towers were all beige, didn't have holes cut in them to facilitate airflow for overclocking, and were strictly utilitarian boxes. The early days of case modding was a rebellion against "The beige box".

I put together about 6 or 7 custom-built cases for myself back then, with a lot of custom fabrication. I still have them, I wouldn't sell them because it's a showcase of my "art", and because the paltry couple hundred dollars they might sell for is a pittance of my time & work & skill investment. They all still work, even going back to a Windows 98 box, and look great sitting on a desk, even if they're no longer in use. :)

Maybe I'll post some pics in another thread just so some of you can kill some time. LOL
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

cyclepsych0
Approved Member

Post by cyclepsych0 »

I think this is pretty darn cool!! And to have it done in 18 days is quite impressive! Thanks for sharing this, Hyeong! :wink:
"Relax. Alright? My Old Man is a television repairman....... Got this ultimate set of tools... I can fix it!!" - Spicoli