SC10GT CONVERSION

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

j4roe

SC10GT CONVERSION

Post by j4roe »

This is my rc10gt sc conversion. Its almost finished, just waiting for the body to arrive in the mail. After putting everything together Im a little worried that its going to be too heavy! Im running a cv12 and I dont know if its going to be able to pull. The conversion chasis is made from stainless steal and weighs a considerable amount more than the aluminum chasis. Its going to look great, but it might be a bust in the end, sure hope not spent a little penny on getting it switched out from the regular rc10gt...

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: SC10GT CONVERSION

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

j4roe wrote:This is my rc10gt sc conversion. Its almost finished, just waiting for the body to arrive in the mail. After putting everything together Im a little worried that its going to be too heavy! Im running a cv12 and I dont know if its going to be able to pull. The conversion chasis is made from stainless steal and weighs a considerable amount more than the aluminum chasis. Its going to look great, but it might be a bust in the end, sure hope not spent a little penny on getting it switched out from the regular rc10gt...

That engine will pull anything! You might take one more shot at posting the pics. Sounds interesting. :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

j4roe

Post by j4roe »

Apparently i cant upload these photos because they are too big. I dont know how to resize them. This is such a hassle!

Kayne
Approved Member

Post by Kayne »

PhotoShop is the answer. It is a free download. :D
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

you can try photobucket.com too. When you want to add pix to a forum they have it allready sized to fit...
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

j4roe

Post by j4roe »

I think I finally figured it out, here are a few pics...
Attachments
2010-12-04_00-45-33_941.jpg
2010-12-04_00-46-19_37.jpg
2010-12-04_00-45-52_767.jpg
2010-12-04_00-45-08_92.jpg
2010-12-04_00-45-15_627.jpg

Rusty-Racing
Approved Member

Post by Rusty-Racing »

I really like how that thing looks. I just might have to do this to the factory team gt i just picked up a few weeks ago. Is this the kit from ebay? I wonder if they went with stainless for a stiffer chassis. do u think it would be lighter if it was aluminum with a top deck as a stiffener? looks good man keep us updated

j4roe

Post by j4roe »

I found and bought the kit from a guy on the rcuniverse.com forums. Just go on rcuniverse.com and search the forums, keyword sc10gt. You will see the thread, a few photos and you can email the guy. He makes them upon order. The chasis is stainless and when I got everything together I was suprised because it is a lot heavier than the regular rc10gt. Before I ran it yesterday I was a little worried that the OS12cv engine wouldnt have enough power but it seems to work all right. The acceleration wasnt as good, but it seems to have enough power to tool around with. The chasis is longer than the stock, so it makes the truck about 2 or 3 inches bigger I think, and with the sc10 bumpers the truck is really a lot bigger. Overall Im pretty satisfied, Im still waiting for my proline chevy silverado sc10 body to come in the mail. The kit is $45 shipped and that includes chasis and the front bulkhead/body mount brace and the back stainless steal pieces that hook up the sc10 bumper. You have to buy the sc10 wheels, body, hpi body posts, and of course the bumpers. If there was an aluminum version of this kit I think the truck would be fantastic. Lighter the better, not sure why he used stainless, but aluminum would be nice if it could be done. The guy that makes the kits has two sc10gt's and they have OS18's I believe, so a bigger engine might make up for the weight.

j4roe

Post by j4roe »

Here are a few more pics! Body finished, what do you think?
Attachments
2010-12-09_14-19-45_75.jpg
2010-12-09_14-18-33_311.jpg
2010-12-09_14-18-00_553.jpg
2010-12-09_14-17-42_9.jpg
2010-12-09_14-17-14_600.jpg

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

j4roe wrote:Here are a few more pics! Body finished, what do you think?

LOVE IT!

A buddy of mine was telling me about the chassis kit on RC Universe awhile back. I was hoping someone on here would build one.

How's the quality, any issues?
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

Rusty-Racing
Approved Member

Post by Rusty-Racing »

Im doing this now!! I got to get me one of those kits. Awsome work.

j4roe

Post by j4roe »

All in all, pretty pleased. The only con is the sc10gt is def. a lot heavier. I have an OS12cv and its not bad, but its not as fast as it used to be, a lot heavier and pry doesnt stop as well. I just play around with it so its not really a huge deal. It looks awesome though so big ups on the PRO side... the body really turned out well I think and all in all Im pretty pleased. I didnt want to spend a bunch of money on this but maybe at some point in the future a bigger motor, OS18???????????

nastety92

Post by nastety92 »

The truck looks great, I was also looking at this conversion over on RC Universe.

Do you have any more pictures of the truck with the body off, so I can see the body mounts.

I think this would be perfect for my brushless conversion since the chassis is longer.

Good luck with it,
Nick
RC10GT Brushless MM ESC, Figeao S motor, 2/3s Lipo
CRT.5 w/RC-Monster Extended Chassis, VXL electronics right now

j4roe

Post by j4roe »

The pics without the body are above. The body posts are HPI STRAIGHT BODY posts, the front body posts bolt onto the front bulkhead/ body post mount that comes with the kit. The kit is longer than the gt chasis so I dont know if it will be the same, the guy that makes these on rcuniverse might be able to tell you. Good luck

j4roe

Post by j4roe »

go to rcuniverse.com and search SC10GT in the forums. There is a pic of the kit and it shows the included pieces.