Got me a Tamiya F-150 4X4!

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Got me a Tamiya F-150 4X4!

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... Just got this. Paid a bit too much for it but I've been looking for one like this forever. It was built new, ran on carpet to make sure it worked and then has been sitting on a shelf ever since. It's like brand new. I should get it next week. I'll take better pics once I get it.

102 RC vehicles and counting...

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Got me a Tamiya F-150 4X4!

Post by Coelacanth »

Maybe you need to create a "H.P Freak Got This..." thread and put all your new acquisitions in it? No offense but I don't think a new forum topic should be required for every car you buy. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... Well I did that for a reason. Most of the cars I've bought need to be restored somehow. So I'm currently waiting on a ton of parts to come in to fix a bunch of them up. As I start to restore them I will keep updating the threads until they are done. So consider each a build thread.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Fair enough, didn't know that was your plan.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

i dont know how much you paid but...i have seen them go for $140 brand new in the box..i was very tempted to buy one...until i got the bug for a sc10 8) ...

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... Wow never seen them go that cheap. Usually mint built ones I've seen go for at least $300. Saw a few new in box ones go for over $400 on Ebay.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

THE H.P FREAK wrote:HI!... Wow never seen them go that cheap. Usually mint built ones I've seen go for at least $300. Saw a few new in box ones go for over $400 on Ebay.
really 300-400 that just shows how dumb people are on ebay. I cant belive how people spend more than what the could buy new for all the time. our local Pawn shop is like that also. I was looking at a shot gun they wanted 400 for it used a little beat up. I went to Walmart bought a new one for 200. came back showed him the recept, he pulled out his were he sold it for 400 while I was gone :lol: tower sells them nib $152.99

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGA83&P=0
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

That reminds me of something I experience all the time with used 1:1 performance car parts. More often than not they end up selling for not much under what you can buy whatever it is new for. Whats the point?!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Lowgear wrote:That reminds me of something I experience all the time with used 1:1 performance car parts. More often than not they end up selling for not much under what you can buy whatever it is new for. Whats the point?!
I have the same complaint. Repro car parts for, say, a vintage Dodge Charger are often so ridiculously expensive that you can either (1) buy them NIB from 40 years ago for about the same price, or (2) they only get sold in very low quantities to the obscenely rich wingnuts who can afford to pay those outrageous prices.

As a result, one has to spend hours, days & weeks searching for used parts in decent shape. :(

Twin Detonator
Approved Member

Post by Twin Detonator »

THE H.P FREAK wrote:HI!... Wow never seen them go that cheap. Usually mint built ones I've seen go for at least $300. Saw a few new in box ones go for over $400 on Ebay.
They have been available at Tower Hobbies for a long time for around $150 brand new, I have always seen them in their catalogs I have been getting for the past few years now.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGA83&P=7
They are out of stock until April now.

Lynn

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... Well the Tamiya F-150 4X4 showed up today. It's in excellent condition. The body needs a few cosmetic adjustments, but besides that its perfect.