Ebay = Evil

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

creeker
Approved Member

Ebay = Evil

Post by creeker »

I now find myself buying RC10 parts I don't need just so I can start a new project. This is crazy. I could have bought a runner for what I just spent on a chassis and front and rear towers :shock: . I need to get myself under control :?
Cadillac RC10
'92 RC10 CE Stealth
B4 RS
10L Project
Nitro Rustler

victor_cathedral
Approved Member

Re: Ebay = Evil

Post by victor_cathedral »

lol, im the same way ;) only i keep changing my mind on what project i want to finish up. i keep buying things for different projects, never completing anything :( . orr, i will buy one thing that is a fair deal, then a couple days later see the same thing only better, for an even better deal, and buy that too. BUT then,. a week later, seeing the UPGRADE to that thing, for a fair price,. and then i have to buy THAT thing :lol: so then i have 3 things that are supposed to serve the same purpose :| is there an ebay anonymous ? :roll:

Richieflax
Approved Member

Post by Richieflax »

victor_cathedral wrote:lol, im the same way ;) only i keep changing my mind on what project i want to finish up. i keep buying things for different projects, never completing anything :( . orr, i will buy one thing that is a fair deal, then a couple days later see the same thing only better, for an even better deal, and buy that too. BUT then,. a week later, seeing the UPGRADE to that thing, for a fair price,. and then i have to buy THAT thing :lol: so then i have 3 things that are supposed to serve the same purpose :| is there an ebay anonymous ? :roll:
If there is, count me in :?

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

creeker wrote:I now find myself buying RC10 parts I don't need just so I can start a new project. This is crazy. I could have bought a runner for what I just spent on a chassis and front and rear towers :shock: . I need to get myself under control :?
My problem with eBay is that I will find something I need, something small like a nice alloy piece, but I can't justify the shipping cost to buy only a single item from a particular seller...so I end up searching through all their items for sale just to find other stuff I might want, to combine shipping and make it worthwhile. :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

victor_cathedral
Approved Member

Coelacanth wrote:
creeker wrote:I now find myself buying RC10 parts I don't need just so I can start a new project. This is crazy. I could have bought a runner for what I just spent on a chassis and front and rear towers :shock: . I need to get myself under control :?
My problem with eBay is that I will find something I need, something small like a nice alloy piece, but I can't justify the shipping cost to buy only a single item from a particular seller...so I end up searching through all their items for sale just to find other stuff I might want, to combine shipping and make it worthwhile. :?
haha ! i do that also. and if there is more than one of said part, i will search both sellers other items, to see which one has more items i need :lol:

creeker
Approved Member

Post by creeker »

At least there is some justifiable logic in that :lol:
Cadillac RC10
'92 RC10 CE Stealth
B4 RS
10L Project
Nitro Rustler

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

I have tried to create my own therapy. I have decided to link my account to a new checking account that is only for r/c stuff. I put x amount in each month and what is there is there. I feel I am on the same type of allowance system as my 8 year old, although slightly higher amounts. I gotta try to control myself somehow. I could pad my Paypal account by selling some stuff but that is not going to happen.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

victor_cathedral
Approved Member

hmn, that is a good idea CamplinP

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

My eBay addiction has gotten so out of hand in the last couple of years that I'm now in financial ruin mainly because of it. As such I've decided to quit cold turkey for a while. I find myself pondering eBay's existence, and how its affected my life. :?

victor_cathedral
Approved Member

i admire your resolve lowgear! if i dont stop soonish i will be right there with you. i just hoped to have a decent competitive runner before i run out of spendable $$ :|

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

Lowgear wrote:My eBay addiction has gotten so out of hand in the last couple of years that I'm now in financial ruin mainly because of it. As such I've decided to quit cold turkey for a while. I find myself pondering eBay's existence, and how its affected my life. :?
hello lowgear, and welcome to rc'ers anonymous. thank you for sharing. next?

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I'd just like to add before handing it over to the next person is that eBay certainly is a harsh mistress. Just from what I've read in this thread it makes me realize that a lot of us here share the same problem which in and of itself makes me feel better. :lol:

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

PLEASE one turn at a time. next?

victor_cathedral
Approved Member

u guys keep ur middle-aged mits off my ebay auctions im trying to win! :lol: j/k j/k

creeker
Approved Member

Post by creeker »

victor_cathedral wrote:u guys keep ur middle-aged mits off my ebay auctions im trying to win! :lol: j/k j/k
Will do, just let us know which ones you are bidding on and how high you are willing to go :lol:
Cadillac RC10
'92 RC10 CE Stealth
B4 RS
10L Project
Nitro Rustler