Trinity Reflex 12

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Trinity Reflex 12

Post by SoloGraphix »

Can anyone here share some info on this car? I picked one up off hobbytalk because it was cheap and I could get to running 1/12 oval at my local club without much expense. A couple guys over there had stated that the car could be pretty rare, albeit not very vintage (2004 i think). Any thoughts or comments? Should I just put it together and race it like it was meant to be?

I will post pics when its light out, cellphone pics won't do much good in the dark.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: Trinity Reflex 12

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Great cars, cool blue tacsallium carbon fiber, should make a great runner- Wasn't a ton produced but there were 20 nip chassis for sale on.the bay for $59.00 for all if them

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

From what I know the Reflex 12 was released 2003.
The blue graphite and black aluminium pod plates look very good. Actually the best looking Trinity 1/12th in my opinion.
This is mine. Need some cleaning.
Attachments
Trinity Reflex.jpg
Trinity Reflex.jpg (61.87 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Trinity Reflex.jpg
Trinity Reflex.jpg (61.87 KiB) Viewed 1400 times

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Post by SoloGraphix »

Here she is in all her glory. LOL

Since when was there a 256 kb max file attachment??? Going to see a lot more linked images.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I should have assumed that it was the oval car 8) That's still a good car on the track, Lmk where you
Are racing it and I can get you a baseline set up for it. Not going to be as quick in the corners as a pivot ball
Car, but should still be fun!

camlchris
Approved Member

Post by camlchris »

Any body has this car assemble manual ? Tks for help ! :D

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Post by SoloGraphix »

Just wanted to follow up. I have ran this car 2 race weekends so far. The first was very frustrating. A little help from someone who knew how to get the front end to work The second week is exactly what I needed. Now I am limited by the ancient shocks (delta) I put on to get going but when I hit the lines right it capable of winning for sure.

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

The chassis is more than capable. ITs a great car, and regret selling mine ever since. You can put a new front end on it, as this is not an Ideal 1/12 starter car by no stretch it is very finicky if anything is "off" (the OEM Front End). The car was the first to offer a lowered motor mount position. Also the Deltas are great shocks as well. You may want to look for some CRC Shocks, or Associated VCS ones if the Deltas are giving you a hard time.

Your best bet is to disassemble the car and check all parts for tweak as separate items, this way you can eliminate any possible sources of tweak.

How does the car look now? I only ask as from this picture I do not see the set screws in the T-bar, and that itself can cause some handling woes.

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

^ Agreed, you're missing the "tweek" screws in the t-bar. Older cars with no rear side shocks used these instead.
Attachments
IMG_0150.jpg
-Kevin

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Post by SoloGraphix »

I have rear side shocks on the car, the deltas I referred to. The car is so close to being very good. My side shocks are beat and I am looking for new ones on a tight budget. I built this car mostly to help keep car counts up and the class running. I also need to swap my t-plate as this one is extremely stiff for our track.

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

SoloGraphix wrote:I have rear side shocks on the car, the deltas I referred to. The car is so close to being very good. My side shocks are beat and I am looking for new ones on a tight budget. I built this car mostly to help keep car counts up and the class running. I also need to swap my t-plate as this one is extremely stiff for our track.
Yeah try the CRCs or windtunnel (like the VCS) shocks they will offer a world of difference if the deltas are shot. What about switching to dampner tubes, and run the set screws in the T-bar? That may end up being cheaper?