1950 Chevy

Show off your paintwork, tips/tricks, decals, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bent
Approved Member

1950 Chevy

Post by Bent »

Let me know what yall think good or bad.

You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: 1950 Chevy

Post by Coelacanth »

Looks good, simple but effective. I'd probably have continued the flame theme through to the front fenders, though.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

I like it. Nice to see something that's not covered in millions of stickers!
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Coelacanth wrote:Looks good, simple but effective. I'd probably have continued the flame theme through to the front fenders, though.
I had planned to do that how ever there was an issue with me and my masking tape. needless to say the tape won.
Jedi Master wrote:I like it. Nice to see something that's not covered in millions of stickers!
Is that a poke at my dirt car?
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I like it as well, it has some nice detail. The windshield looks cool!

Chevs are great. Question is, how do you like it? Did I mention that Chev trucks are great!

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

cOoL Nice detaIL TOO and im on meds lmao.DON

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:cOoL Nice detaIL TOO and im on meds lmao.DON
Be careful... :wink: :lol:

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Diamond Dave I Was more or less testing some new technique's. I like the blue but it came out a lil too thick for the effect I want but if i laid the paint any thinner before backing I wouldn't have the effect I was after. The flames on the hood are ok but they didn't come out like I had hoped either. I was using some masking tape instead of running a blank sheet of making paper threw the printer. So to answer your question Yeah I guess im happy with it. I learned some things and will know what to and not to do, next time.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I think the blue looks great in the pics, nice and Blue, not to dark and def not to light.

Well, post some pics of the next one. I am sure it will be just as good.

What did you use to paint it, and where can I get some masking paper? That sounds like a really easy solution to masking tape.

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Diamond Dave wrote:I think the blue looks great in the pics, nice and Blue, not to dark and def not to light.

Well, post some pics of the next one. I am sure it will be just as good.

What did you use to paint it, and where can I get some masking paper? That sounds like a really easy solution to masking tape.
Will certainly post pics of my next one. The paint I used was a mix of 2 paints the Blue is a candy blue racing finish rattle can. The silver is just that and is Pactra rattle can. I see it on the shelf over there and its a dark blue but turn the hall light on and some terquise comes out in places. As far as the blanks sheets of mask I usually pick it up at the lhs but they didn't have any. I think its Parma that has them or xxx main one of them. Once I used Gary McAllister's window masks. A laser printer is best but you can use a inkjet on lower settings or let it sit and dry good.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Rick430JD

Post by Rick430JD »

I really like the job you did! It has been said simple but effective but you know that really says a lot.. Oh and its a 50 Chevy so that really cool. What is the frame? I have been out of RC for a little bit and I'm getting back in so I'm a little rusty on me cars/trucks..

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

welcome to the forum Rick. Looks like bent is running a stampede under there but I'll let him answer that for sure. Stick around you'll remember and learn lots of stuff from these guys.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

slim_chance
Approved Member

Post by slim_chance »

Its a beauty. I like the color combo and style. I like well done 2 to 3 color paint jobs when the colors complement each other. Good job and I know the losing battle with masking tape.

Hope my next paint job comes out that sharp looking.
Super phenominal cosmic plans! itty bitty bank account.

Procrastinators unite!......tomorrow.
My new Fb page by bashers for bashers. Rc bashers unite! http://www.facebook.com/RcBashersUnite

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

klavy69 wrote:welcome to the forum Rick. Looks like bent is running a stampede under there but I'll let him answer that for sure. Stick around you'll remember and learn lots of stuff from these guys.

Todd
Todd
You are 100% right it is a stampede. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8940627-My-first-stampede&daysprune=7

Rick, Welcome to the board man and believe you me when I say you will learn what you need to know about these cars here. Now,Simple is sometimes best more so now days where cars are painted up to look like a bomb went off in the paint booth. You hardly ever see simple anymore. I don't plan to have a new body anytime soon but my next one for my oval car any how will NOT be done by me. Im just not that skilled.

Slim_chance I hope it comes out better there is so many f***K ups on this job it isn't funny. I'm happy with it only because of what I learned and how it klooks in different light. I laid the blue on the front too thick and the lines on the bed and tank are sloppy and not straight, and lastly the flames have some rough edges, think ill blame that on the tape though.

Keep one thing in mind slim_chance the longer it takes the nicer it will be. Just be patient, use light dusting's and remember that the color you back your paint job with will effect the final color an effect. If you get this then you should be fine.

I need to go finnish that truck still have a few things left to do on it.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Rick430JD

Post by Rick430JD »

Thanks for the welcome.
Rick