Is there Factory Team parts for T3/B3?

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Duece

Is there Factory Team parts for T3/B3?

Post by Duece »

I just happened on a t3/b3 chassis and Im thinking about building it. I read where they can still be competitive. Are the transmissions good enough for racing or should I change it out? The reason I asked I pull this trans apart and it was all metal gears and bearings, looks the same as my SC10 trans. also I was wondering if there are factory team parts available so I can build it to the best of its ability?
The Duece
SC10RS
SC10 x2
Bandit
T3

jwscab

Re: Is there Factory Team parts for T3/B3?

Post by jwscab »

lots of parts still around for B3 and T3, though mostly through old hobby store stock and ebay. Stealth trans is as strong as anything else out there. It sounds like the gears were upgraded, at least the diff and idler gear. Just use a smidge of lubrication on an all metal trans otherwise, you are good to go.

factory team stuff was more or less just anodized blue for those cars/trucks. nose plate, motor plate and trans plate all blue. Shocks were hard anodized, titanium turnbuckles. there are carbon parts available too, arms, chassis, shock tower, etc.

ebay is a good source for just browsing.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

They are definitely still competitive. Especially on a local club circuit. Some parts may be available, but I think Ebay would be your best bet.

If you can't find some parts then you can use parts for a Mrp Ripper or Thunder Tiger Phoenix stII. These trucks are based off the T3/B3 platform although the plastic is probably a little different then the T3 though.

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

Sounds like a Hammad Ghuman transmission upgrade, I can't say I've ever seen one only in catalogs / ads 8) They made some great parts, but not easy to find to upgrade or replace.

Quite a few racers have opted to upgrade the B3 transmission by adding the B4 topshaft and slipper using stock everything else. Sounds like that would be a worth while upgrade for you if racing. If you don't have the bearing set up in the steering, you can still get these. The shock towers on the buggy can be upgraded to CF with the fibre-lyte versions... http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/ I don't think there's any for the T3 that I know of anyway. IF you have dog bones, you can upgrade to CVD's and if you don't have Ti turnbuckles you could go with an Associated or Lunsfords. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head :oops: :lol:
Post some photos when time permits :D
-Kevin

Duece

Post by Duece »

Thanks fellas for the info. I just wanna do this right, not cheap. Ive searched for hours and found a few carbon parts. Was hoping to go RPM with suspension/steering but they are out of everything with excecption of front control arms and the nonminals like balls and cups. Ill check out some of the other mentioned. Thanks again!
The Duece
SC10RS
SC10 x2
Bandit
T3

biff85ta
Approved Member

Post by biff85ta »

The more common parts can be had from a thunder tiger phoenix stII. They are exact copies of the t3 as thunder tiger owns associated. There is nothing for the T3 that can't be had thanks to this.
"It is not how you finish but how you qualify unless you qualify bad then it is how you finish."
Words of wisdom from the Cox bros at my local track.

biff85ta
Approved Member

Post by biff85ta »

jwscab wrote:lots of parts still around for B3 and T3, though mostly through old hobby store stock and ebay. Stealth trans is as strong as anything else out there. It sounds like the gears were upgraded, at least the diff and idler gear. Just use a smidge of lubrication on an all metal trans otherwise, you are good to go.

factory team stuff was more or less just anodized blue for those cars/trucks. nose plate, motor plate and trans plate all blue. Shocks were hard anodized, titanium turnbuckles. there are carbon parts available too, arms, chassis, shock tower, etc.

ebay is a good source for just browsing.
This is the second time I have read about blue parts on the team truck but my buddies T3 has nothing blue on it and it is a team truck. The truck had not been run when he got it and the box is marked as a team truck.
"It is not how you finish but how you qualify unless you qualify bad then it is how you finish."

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Yeah, I don't think factory team means that it came in the box, but if you purchased that stuff as 'factory team' it was blue.

Duece

Post by Duece »

I went down to my local Hobby shop and he has just about talked me out of it. BUT I keep looking at it knowing that I want to do it. He was tryin to tell me how much money Id have in it that I could purchase a new B4.1. The deal is I dont want what everyone else has and I want to outrun them w/older technology. Lol! Anyway thanks for all the info.
The Duece
SC10RS
SC10 x2
Bandit
T3

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Duece wrote:The deal is I dont want what everyone else has and I want to outrun them w/older technology.
I like your mind-set. 8)

Don't let local hobby shop employees tell you what THEY want you to do. Stick to your guns and do your own thing! And if you indeed kick butt with modded older technology, what's cooler than that? 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Coelacanth wrote:Don't let local hobby shop employees tell you what THEY want you to do.
X2...

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

dldiaz

Post by dldiaz »

biff85ta wrote:This is the second time I have read about blue parts on the team truck but my buddies T3 has nothing blue on it and it is a team truck. The truck had not been run when he got it and the box is marked as a team truck.
I believe there is a difference between a "Team" truck and a "Factory Team" truck:
- the "Team" version did not come with blue aluminum parts,
- only the "Factory Team" version had those upgrades.
-dldiaz

biff85ta
Approved Member

Post by biff85ta »

dldiaz wrote:
biff85ta wrote:This is the second time I have read about blue parts on the team truck but my buddies T3 has nothing blue on it and it is a team truck. The truck had not been run when he got it and the box is marked as a team truck.
I believe there is a difference between a "Team" truck and a "Factory Team" truck:
- the "Team" version did not come with blue aluminum parts,
- only the "Factory Team" version had those upgrades.

I just went and pulled up the manual and you are correct. I was out of RC entirely when the T3 was out and had no idea.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

johnqpublic
Approved Member

Post by johnqpublic »

So is the TT Phoenix BX 100% comparable withe the B3? I guess what I'm really asking about are things like hardware...bearings, fasteners, hinge pins, ball studs....is it al metric on the TT or US standard sizes like the B3?