out of room

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10th
Approved Member

Re: out of room

Post by RC10th »

How many of us actually have a life outside RC :lol:
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I do! (Texting and gaming count, right?) :lol: j/k-

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

My life outside rc is interfering with my rc time. Changes will be made. Rc is way more fun.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

gomachv wrote:All you guys that are out of room, I think I will start running a rc car daycare center. Send em to me and i will sit them on a shelf for ya lol!

Can't do it Jeff........the shipping cost's would kill me 8)

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Amen!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

I have several rc10's/10t's that I took apart to eventually restore them, but also because of lack of space. I also have several "new built" projects that I have all the parts to to finish, and a couple nib kits that I want to build, but don't have a decent place to display them, so they are just sitting in their boxes waiting for the right time. Not to mention the 15 airplanes that also need a place to stay, and they take up a lot more room than cars and trucks.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Sins my wife aren’t that fond of my hobby (she think I should grownup :shock: ) I only have 5 cars on display. I wish that I had a dedicated room for my hobby, but I haven’t given up hope yet. :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Some of us are forced to have a dedicated room, not by choice :lol:
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Diamond Dave wrote:
longboardnj wrote:thanks for posting it makes me feel better knowing im not the only one. i have about 55 rcs give or take a few and the room is running out.. lots of parts and electronics plus my other hobbies . my bicycles take up alot of room {4 mine 1 my girlfriends} plus parts. my other problem is toys, i collect old toys . i have almost everything masters of the universe{heman} a bunch of gijoe stuff {small 3 3/4 inch} bunch of hotwheels and a hand full of other 80s toys and odd toys.

If you were closer to me... your collection would ballon. My store has a ton of stuff like that right now. I wish we did more RC oriented items. You would have a hay day checking out what is for sale.
you have a toy store?

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I should have clarified sorry, I manage a store that buys and sells all sorts of items. I have worked there for 13+ years, the money is good, the work is easy.

Every once in awhile a gem walks in the door. I picked up a brand new MGT 8.0 for $125, My first Clod for $40, and it was an aftermarket chassis with cantilevers.

All sorts of things, We had a really nice GI Joe from the mid 60's, boxed. It sold for $240. So in keeping with the thread, just imagine the spare room I could use. Two even.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Diamond Dave wrote:I should have clarified sorry, I manage a store that buys and sells all sorts of items. I have worked there for 13+ years, the money is good, the work is easy.

Every once in awhile a gem walks in the door. I picked up a brand new MGT 8.0 for $125, My first Clod for $40, and it was an aftermarket chassis with cantilevers.

All sorts of things, We had a really nice GI Joe from the mid 60's, boxed. It sold for $240. So in keeping with the thread, just imagine the spare room I could use. Two even.
cool i thought you had a toy store (comic /collector store) but what your talking about sounds cooler. next thing you will tell me you get in alot of old bicycles too , id be extra jealous.. 8)

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Marlo I will solve your problem for you. Just give me some of those nice shiny shelf queens and your problem will be solved :)
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Well you don't live that far so............Na, all mine :D

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

We moved six months ago. At the old house we had a separate out-building that the realtor called the "mother-in-law suite," but we referred to as "the studio." 400 square feet with its own bathroom and heat source, built into a hillside so it stayed cool in the summer, perfect for hobby-type uses. It held my RC stuff, my wife's jewelry-making business, all our music gear (guitars, amps, mic stands), and had an area that could be used as a photo portrait studio (her other side-business).

I kinda miss it, but we didn't have a garage, and on rainy or cold days that 20 foot walk across the driveway might as well have been 20 miles, so I didn't spend much time there. Our new place is a split-level, with a 2 car garage, all the main living areas upstairs, all the music stuff in the den downstairs, and I have the entire 3rd bedroom downstairs for whatever I want. Without all the other stuff in the way, I have about twice as much space as I had before. So it houses all my RC stuff, two bookcases, a huge desk, a nice big worktable, my stereo/turntable and modest vinyl collection (mostly 70s prog rock), and other odds and ends that are meaningful to me but considered too weird to be on general display.

I love having it, but for a long while after we moved it became sort of a catch-all for random stuff. I still have an old TV in here I have to take to Goodwill, and some other random crap that doesn't belong. And instead of organizing properly, I just sort of unpacked things and started right in, so it's a disorganized mess. And now it's to the point where there are too msny half-finished things lying about to clean around them; I have to finish a few projects before I can really organize. And that's before I can even think about the garage.

More room is nice to have, but if you don't make good use of it, it can turn around and bite you.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

longboardnj wrote:cool i thought you had a toy store (comic /collector store) but what your talking about sounds cooler. next thing you will tell me you get in alot of old bicycles too , id be extra jealous.. 8)
Bikes are one thing we stopped taking many years back. Just no room to store/display them. At one point we had many rows of hooks in the ceiling of the storage area, the city inspectors came in and said it

was not up to code and we had to take it all down. I did manage to get myself an early aluminum Parkpre Pro Image mountain bike (95-96?). I think it is the Image model, just says IM on the frame.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=grT&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=parkpre+pro+image&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44990110,d.cGE&biw=1920&bih=1009&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=mvFkUZC_LeKaiALTwYDQBg#imgrc=_

Paid next to nothing for it and I ride it everyday to work and back. You never know what is going to walk in the door, today some guy had a rebar bender/cutter he wanted to sell.

They are super expensive new, over 2 grand new. He wanted way to much for what shape it was in. Did not bother to pursue the purchase. As far as other collectibles, we do get the odd good piece.

A few weeks back we had some anime style figures boxed. They were hard to display as we are a family store for sure. Had to tape paper over the clear fronts to keep young eyes from the view. :lol: