Aluminum wheel hubs

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

trailblazer04
Approved Member

Aluminum wheel hubs

Post by trailblazer04 »

I am going through some spare parts I have and I have 2 different thicknesses of aluminum wheel hubs. Are they different for front/back or are they from different models? Also are these aluminum hubs still available?

crusaderlyf
Approved Member

Re: Aluminum wheel hubs

Post by crusaderlyf »

they are different front and rear and between the cars 870C、works91 93、yz10

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

Which aluminum hubs are you referring to? The stock yokomo hubs (gray color...not sure if they're aluminum?) or the Suzuki blue anodized hubs (with single hex nut to mount the wheel)? Both occasionally show up on eBay once in a while. If you're looking for the original hubs for the 870c, I have two sets I can sell you if you want.

As for the different sizes in the wheel hubs, my understanding is that the wider hubs go to the rear and the narrower hubs go to the front.

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

Stickboy x2

If you get your hands on a 870 manual it shows you what width is used for what. Plus alot of other helpful stuff. There one floating around in this site somewhere...:) i think there is a scans thread somwhere which would have it.

If you need anything specific i can scan any pages you need from my manual. Its in english atleast!

hondaman
Approved Member

Post by hondaman »

stickboy007 wrote:Which aluminum hubs are you referring to? The stock yokomo hubs (gray color...not sure if they're aluminum?) or the Suzuki blue anodized hubs (with single hex nut to mount the wheel)? Both occasionally show up on eBay once in a while. If you're looking for the original hubs for the 870c, I have two sets I can sell you if you want.

As for the different sizes in the wheel hubs, my understanding is that the wider hubs go to the rear and the narrower hubs go to the front.
Actually on the 870c the thicker one goes in the front and the thinner one on the rear in the stock configuration.. the stock rear wheels have a good deal of offset and the fronts have less.. got the manual from oOple myself.. I actually had them the way stickboy007 did until I read the manual.. :P

Shawn

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

flustorm99 wrote:Stickboy x2

If you get your hands on a 870 manual it shows you what width is used for what. Plus alot of other helpful stuff. There one floating around in this site somewhere...:) i think there is a scans thread somwhere which would have it.

If you need anything specific i can scan any pages you need from my manual. Its in english atleast!

http://www.oople.com/rc/manuals/yz870c/imagepages/yz870c001.html

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=8103

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

I do remember eventually putting the larger hubs up front on the 870 (this was before my hex conversion), as the front seemed a bit narrow with the hubs the other way around. However, each version appears to have something different...

I'm looking at my '91 and '93 Works manuals right now. The '93 appears to have the same hub size/type front and rear. On the '91 Works, the front and rear wheel hubs are different, with the rear being the same as the '93 Works and the front having an offset in the hub that pushes the hub toward the center of the chassis. In the '94 YZ10 manual, the front hubs are narrower than the rear hubs.

Sheesh!

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

Does anyone have a 93 manual in english and with a part list breakdown?

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

hmmm I never noticed the wheels actually have different offsets?? hmmm going to have to have another look see...