RC10t front body mount

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Luckyracing
Approved Member

RC10t front body mount

Post by Luckyracing »

I just scored an RC10t off of fleabay, and I am having a hard time locating a new front body mount, 7318. Does something supercede this part, or is there a reasonable priced alternative? 12-20 bucks for this little piece doubles the value of the truck!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: RC10t front body mount

Post by Charlie don't surf »

RPM makes a 10T/T2 mount, still may be discoed...but the stock mounts used rare and pricey.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

Luckyracing wrote:I just scored an RC10t off of fleabay, and I am having a hard time locating a new front body mount, 7318. Does something supercede this part, or is there a reasonable priced alternative? 12-20 bucks for this little piece doubles the value of the truck!

it all depends on what you're plans are for your truck. if you're building it up new i would just keep my eyes constantly peeled for a new one. you could get lucky and find one new for cheap.

but if you're building something reasonable, or to run, it's best to get one used from flea-bay's chop shops. most of the time they're in great to excellent condition that could pass for new, and they're dirt cheap! here's a couple i found quickly...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-ASSOCIATED-RC10T-WHITE-FRONT-BODY-MOUNT-BRACE-RC-AE-/360830304783?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item540329820f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/associated-vintage-rc10-T-truck-front-body-mount-/141155982393?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20dd8d5c39

Luckyracing
Approved Member

Post by Luckyracing »

Thanks for the info! The second ebay link was exactly what I was looking for. I am building a runner, although I don't have time to campain a race season I really love the indoor track not to far from the house and wanted to have something to run around it when I had the free time. (South Jersey indoor is the track, btw. Awesome facality and bunch of folks down there) I am really torn between building an OIN buggy with the "pieces" of rc10t I got on fleabay or just putting it together as a truck. I have a gold pan I restored 3 years ago that is mostly a shelfer, not perfect but in "as beaten in childhood" form. The track has a huge triple that I dare not tempt fate in taking with my 27 year old rolling memory.

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

The upright parts are still available new from shops in black only, the bottom angled mount is ebay find mate.

trek
Approved Member

Post by trek »

Sixtysixdeuce
Approved Member

Post by Sixtysixdeuce »

the bottom angled mount is ebay find mate.
They are current production from at least one maker (GPM). Alloy, though.
"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead; It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid."