Greetings from Massachusetts!

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Alderscorn

Greetings from Massachusetts!

Post by Alderscorn »

Hi all - I recently bought a used RC10 B4.2 to reclaim a piece of my past. Back in college a friend and I maxed credit cards on a couple of RC10 B2 setups (the guy at the hobby store had a *great* day). I must've sold it along the way, because I have no memory of where it went. I always kind of regretted that, hence my little birthday splurge.

I immediately regretted it once the high of buying it subsided. I beat myself up for getting a RTR and an old one at that. That all went out the door when the batteries I ordered arrived. Wowie. She won't win any races (especially with me at the controller) but it's faster than I remember! What a blast!

I'm so far removed from the hobby these days that I'm not even sure what to look for as far as replacement parts (for when I inevitably break something) or hop ups if I feel like messing with it. I have considered taking it apart and putting it back together so I can familiarize myself with it more. But I need to get some tools and shock fluid. beyond that, I'm not sure how to tell what non-vintage parts will fit this thing.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to poking around the forum, lurking and learning!

JosephS

Re: Greetings from Massachusetts!

Post by JosephS »

Alderscorn wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:43 pm Hi all - I recently bought a used RC10 B4.2 to reclaim a piece of my past. Back in college a friend and I maxed credit cards on a couple of RC10 B2 setups (the guy at the hobby store had a *great* day). I must've sold it along the way, because I have no memory of where it went. I always kind of regretted that, hence my little birthday splurge.

I immediately regretted it once the high of buying it subsided. I beat myself up for getting a RTR and an old one at that. That all went out the door when the batteries I ordered arrived. Wowie. She won't win any races (especially with me at the controller) but it's faster than I remember! What a blast!

I'm so far removed from the hobby these days that I'm not even sure what to look for as far as replacement parts (for when I inevitably break something) or hop ups if I feel like messing with it. I have considered taking it apart and putting it back together so I can familiarize myself with it more. But I need to get some tools and shock fluid. beyond that, I'm not sure how to tell what non-vintage parts will fit this thing.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to poking around the forum, lurking and learning!
Welcome.
The nice thing about the b/t 4 series is that most parts are still available at decent prices though they are getting harder to find. The car was very popular and had a lot of hops made over the years. Most modern(b6) parts won't fit the b4 since there was a shift from imperial to metric hardware and bearings. The 4.2 version has basically all of the Associated hop-up's as kit standard.

the manual is available on the associated website
https://img2.associatedelectrics.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10B4.2/Factory_Team/B4.2%20FT%20Manual%20and%20Catalog%203%208%20%202013.pdf

the shock rebuild kit and diff rebuild kit are still current parts shock oil is universal. The b6 wheels look like they may work on your car. A set of new bearing from avidrc.com and you would have most of what you need for a rebuild.