I FINALLY Won a WHOLE Vintage Ride on eBay!!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MONSTER
Approved Member

I FINALLY Won a WHOLE Vintage Ride on eBay!!

Post by MONSTER »

Ok, so how'd I do?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280221241947&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018
Heres a Slide Show the Seller sent to me for a little better look.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=rxvovh3.1xikcpwf&Uy=926hwq&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=859281201652_256323558111&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1
I must admit, Im only taking a few Bits and Pieces, and the Bulk will go back Up. Can anybody tell me how old the Electronics are? Im a bit scared, since the Seller said he "didnt know" if they work. If any of its good, and the Parts Im gonna rob, plus what I ought to be able to recoupe, I should be happy.

Let me know what you Guys think!!!

RcMonk

Re: I FINALLY Won a WHOLE Vintage Ride on eBay!!

Post by RcMonk »

Nice score man......I think you can still recoup quite a bit seeing that it has the RPM arms on it. The Futaba radio system looks to be from the mid-90s. I ran the MC210B (w/reverse) esc in my RC10 back in 1993. The motor decal resembles the Slot Machine motor.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I think I did better-------LOL :mrgreen:

But there are some nice parts there

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

reghammer wrote:I think I did better-------LOL :mrgreen:

But there are some nice parts there
Maybe you got more Parts that I actually need, but come on, look at those Turnbuckles, and the RPM Arms and other matching Parts. I DID really want the Body you got, but now I hope the Holes are Spiderwebbed, and its Cracked at EVERY corner. :evil:

:lol: You know Im KIDDING!! :lol: Now get those Parts I need ready to ship!! :lol: :lol: Seriously though, holla at me when yours comes in.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Thats it,............................................................................. in my book MONSTER=NGB :x

but, so are most of my friends so i guess it's ok

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

I would use this truck as the basis for a build rather than for parts, it would look amazing with a blue chassis/noseplate and matching blue rpm rod ends contrasted with the flourescent yellow nylon.

$56 is a great deal, especially with the tecnacraft rod ends. The PO obviously put some time into it at one point, make sure you check the hinge pins to see if they are titanium too. You could probably get close to your cost back if you listed the radio/rx in one auction and the esc in another(assuming they work). There is nothing wrong with that stuff though, it is still commonly used.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

I WOULD like to use it as a Build, but....I will resist, I will resist, I will resist......Actually, the Parts I wanted are the "matching" Tx/Rx/ESC (fingers crossed), the Al Shock Caps, and the Stealth. We'll see what I can do with the Body, probably nothing. Heck I saw a Stealth go for MORE than I paid for this, last week!! The rest, I "intend" to turn around, maybe Trade. Do those Rear Shock Clamps look Aluminum to anyone else?

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

Nice looking truck ya' NGB :mrgreen:

That is a sweet looking ride. Hope it does you well.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

:roll: As USUAL for me, the deal is going down hill. Seller had nothing in the Auction about Shipping. Now I get a Notice from UPS, that I will be "receiving" a Package from them. No I wont. My Shipping Address, LISTED on my eBay Info, is my P.O. Box. UPS does NOT deliver to P.O. Boxes. I sent a Message to the Seller IMMEDIATELY after recieving this Notice, hoping they had not Sent it out yet. UPS says they have now. I called UPS to see what could be done, and they say I will have to come to their Distribution Center to Pick It Up. Doesnt sound "to bad", unless you know that it TWO TOWNS AWAY from me, nearly an HOUR (ONE WAY). So whats that mean....another FIFTEEN BUCKS in this liquid gold they call Gasoline, plus a couple hours out of my day. :cry: :cry:

Why me...why me???

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

MONSTER wrote::roll: As USUAL for me, the deal is going down hill. Seller had nothing in the Auction about Shipping. Now I get a Notice from UPS, that I will be "receiving" a Package from them. No I wont. My Shipping Address, LISTED on my eBay Info, is my P.O. Box. UPS does NOT deliver to P.O. Boxes. I sent a Message to the Seller IMMEDIATELY after recieving this Notice, hoping they had not Sent it out yet. UPS says they have now. I called UPS to see what could be done, and they say I will have to come to their Distribution Center to Pick It Up. Doesnt sound "to bad", unless you know that it TWO TOWNS AWAY from me, nearly an HOUR (ONE WAY). So whats that mean....another FIFTEEN BUCKS in this liquid gold they call Gasoline, plus a couple hours out of my day. :cry: :cry:

Why me...why me???(why did I let Reggie get that other truck!!!)

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

reghammer wrote:
MONSTER wrote::roll: As USUAL for me, the deal is going down hill. Seller had nothing in the Auction about Shipping. Now I get a Notice from UPS, that I will be "receiving" a Package from them. No I wont. My Shipping Address, LISTED on my eBay Info, is my P.O. Box. UPS does NOT deliver to P.O. Boxes. I sent a Message to the Seller IMMEDIATELY after recieving this Notice, hoping they had not Sent it out yet. UPS says they have now. I called UPS to see what could be done, and they say I will have to come to their Distribution Center to Pick It Up. Doesnt sound "to bad", unless you know that it TWO TOWNS AWAY from me, nearly an HOUR (ONE WAY). So whats that mean....another FIFTEEN BUCKS in this liquid gold they call Gasoline, plus a couple hours out of my day. :cry: :cry:

Why me...why me???(why did I let Reggie get that other truck!!!)
I KNOW...that NGB!!!!
You're gonna run out of salt for my wound pretty soon!!!
:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Neither here nor there, but imagine these Parts on a Yellow Chassis...say...like mrlexan has on eBay right now :wink: . May be too much, unless you REALLY like Neon Yellow. I have a Buddy who DOES, but dont know if he has the money, or the "want to" right now.

Anyway, just bored and lookin.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Hey there nice ride man! Welcome to your addiction. Hey do you want that motor... i've been looking for a 350 for a while now.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Erich Reichert wrote:Hey there nice ride man! Welcome to your addiction. Hey do you want that motor... i've been looking for a 350 for a while now.
I dont know, whats it all about? I dont know anything about them. Is there somewhere I could read up on it?

I could probably be talked out of it. :twisted:

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Well, I got the Truck today, and theres Good News, and Bad News.

Lets get the Bad News out of the way first.
1. The Rx is a 27mhz FP-R102JE with only about 9 inches of Antenae, and the Tx is a 75mhz Magnum Sport FP-T2PB with the Battery Tray and Door missing. This is how he described an "extra" Tx that he offered me over the Phone. Im hoping he inadvertently sent me the wrong Tx, and has a Complete/Matching one, to replace this one. And there are NO Crystals at all.

2. The Servo is Servo Taped in. :roll:

3. The Slipper Disc doesnt seem to be touching either Slipper Plate, and there is NO Slppage. Probably too long of Screws in it, huh. Easy fix.

4. Rear End, one Wheel is Toed IN, the other is Toed OUT. One Hub Carrier Yellow, one White. Eh, putting these parts Up anyway.

5. Small melted spot on Tranny Brace. Again, going Up anyway.

Now "for something Totally Different", the Good News

1. Body is...er..."different" (i like different), but looks pretty fair. Mine.

2. Yellow Parts look and Feel Great. Going Up.

3. Some sort of Buggy to Truck Body Mounting Kit. Looks Nice. Up.

4. Good working FP-S148 Servo. Mine....after I get the Tape off it. Good for Buggy?

5. Good working MC210CB ESC, missing Switch. Dont know what I'll do with it yet.

6. Decent Black Aluminum Shock Caps. Mine.

7. Nice Red Aluminum Shock Collars on Rear (Hot Trick?). Up.

8. Decent Duratrax (?) Street Tires. Have some, dont know yet.

9. Nice Rims. 5 Small "Spokes" connecting Inner Disc, to Outter Rim. Seen some of you Guys with them on your Trucks before, but Fronts Yellow, and Rears White. Anybody Indentify? Probably Trade out to get a Matching set.

10. Brand New Springs. Like I need em now. ( :wink: mikeyd)

11. Oh yeah, AWESOME Ti or SS Tie Rods, including Center Steering. Up, up, up.

12. Chassis has MINIMAL Scratches, Nose Plate only 2 small ones, and Fair Motor Mount. Shock Towers look Good to Great. Up.

13. Good Bellcranks. Up.

14. Speedworks 350, doesnt have a SPEC of dirt or dust on it. Gotta be Brand New!! Theres a little Solder, on one side, but sure it would come off with VERY little effort. The only thing I can find out about it is its an 18x2. Is Speedworks out of Business? If they are, and its Collectable/Rare, I dont need it.

Dont worry, Pics coming.