== Who the Heck Are You? ==

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: == Who the Heck Are You? ==

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Is that my Arizona buddy Billy Fischer behind you ?

chriswolfson
Approved Member

Post by chriswolfson »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Is that my Arizona buddy Billy Fischer behind you ?
I don't see Billy in any of those pics. I think the last race I was at that Billy was at also was the 2006 Mod Nats at Planet R/C in Indianapolis.

There's a few guys in some of those pics that are pretty fast, though - unfortunately I'm not one of them! lol :lol:
TLR / Horizon Hobby / Spektrum / Tekin / MIP / JConcepts / VooDoo

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Billy is good company at a race, so is his dad.

Indispozed

Post by Indispozed »

Hi, New to your forums... I'm Indispozed from NJ... Got my 1st Gold pan about 15yrs ago, raced for a few weeks and moved on to something else... Women. So now getting back to the hobby I love, and stumbled upon you guys...
I also run a RC forum, with php, and like they way its setup here.... :oops:
(AE 18T - 18MT - 10GT - 10B3 - 10T3 - MGT 8.0)
(HPI Savage XL)

Muh Latest Vid_____ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL1P_ASYrSw

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Indispozed wrote:Hi, New to your forums... I'm Indispozed from NJ... Got my 1st Gold pan about 15yrs ago, raced for a few weeks and moved on to something else... Women. So now getting back to the hobby I love, and stumbled upon you guys...
So...now you've moved from women...to us guys? :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Indispozed

Post by Indispozed »

Coelacanth wrote:
Indispozed wrote:Hi, New to your forums... I'm Indispozed from NJ... Got my 1st Gold pan about 15yrs ago, raced for a few weeks and moved on to something else... Women. So now getting back to the hobby I love, and stumbled upon you guys...
So...now you've moved from women...to us guys? :lol:
Nah, I wouldn't say all that now... Just to a hobby thats a little more reliable, and over-all cheaper... :D
and won't call the cops when it gets rough... :twisted:
(AE 18T - 18MT - 10GT - 10B3 - 10T3 - MGT 8.0)
(HPI Savage XL)

Muh Latest Vid_____ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL1P_ASYrSw

UltraHIVE
Approved Member

Post by UltraHIVE »

:D

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I wouldn't worry about it. I recently went back to some old R/C forums I hadn't visited in 8+ years and was embarrassed to read some of the things I posted. :? We all have periods in our lives we look back on and wish we had done things just a little bit differently. I guess thats where the experience we get with age comes from.

scoobyvoodoo

Post by scoobyvoodoo »

Hey Folks, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hey to everyone.

My name is Ben, am 31yrs. old, married w/ 2 little girls who are also into R/C and am an Operating Engineer by trade. To those who may not understand what an O.E. is I basically get to play with the "BIG" toys at work like bulldozers, track-hoes, cranes, etc..

I've been in the R/C hobby for 20+yrs. I'm mostly into cars/trucks but also love a good R/C tug boat. I'm into small scale machining like making parts or modifying parts for my R/C's. I've got a Sherline lathe and a Sherline Mill. Best money I ever spent on the hobby.

I've just recently decided to get into restoring old RC10 buggies and RC10DS models. I dont have any on hand right now but I do have two buggies and one DS one the way. Really looking forward to this new venture!

Here's a pic of me doing the whole band thing. Cheers ya'll!!! :D
Attachments
229207_120441444704499_100002159326182_165673_5691743_n.jpg

KScanvas

Post by KScanvas »

Kyle Stevens 20 yr old, YPsilanti MI. A newbie in the world of rcs, but i like it alot.
Attachments
At Ryders hobby tesing performance of my Tamiya Luncbox and the Rc10.
At Ryders hobby tesing performance of my Tamiya Luncbox and the Rc10.
DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!

rcdoug

Post by rcdoug »

Hi all...my name is Doug as you may already know by my screen name...lol...I am 38 years old and live in wny...I have been into r/c for 20+ years...my very first rc car was a Traxxas Trx10 Bullit...absolutly loved that car...but shortly after I got that I got my first rc10 gold pan and kyosho ultima...traded the bullit to a friend for them both...now i have quite a collection of different cars...unfortunatly I don't have the pan car anymore but i recently aquired a rc10 graphite team car with all the trimmings from my new uncle in law...for free...lol...anyway I will post up some pics later. :mrgreen:

rcdoug

Post by rcdoug »

here is a pic of the stuff that I got from my uncle in law

huminski
Approved Member

Post by huminski »

Hello.

I'm Steve.

I am 35 right now. Birthday is April 16 if you would like to send a card, or a set of JRX2 sliders.... :)

This is the first time I have clikcked the chit-chat forum here.

I love RC. Started with Nikko's, Radio Shacks, etc, when I was but a youngster. Always amazed with RC.

We had a camper in the poconos, and one summer there was a hobby shop that put up a tent at some county fair up there. We spent some time there, and I left with some kind of Tamiya / MRC catalog, that listed out their cars, and also I disticntly remember had track layouts in the back of it. I also remember for the rest of that week, maybe summer, I obsessed on the Fox in that catalog, and on what the best track layout might be that I could cut into my back yard. :)

That xmas, samta left me a Fox, a Charger, a battery, a futaba magnum, everything I would need to get that car going. How did he know??? :)

Built it immediately. As you might have read in the Tamiya post where I just found a sweet Fox for next to nothing, I vividly remember building that car on a table next to the fridge in the kitchen. Dad helped.

A day or two later, I accidentally (remember I was 9 or 10) overcharged the 6 cell hump pack while it was in the car. The pack melted. The car melted. I was heartbroken. Another vivid memory.

Peeled the battery out of the car. I'm sure my parents were just happy the house didn't burn down. We figured out that just the lower chassis was damaged. Local hobby shop in Red Bank had the chassis, and a new battery, and I was back in business. Since I built the car myself, fixing it was no problem. :)

Raced that one around for years. Had a local hobby shop within bike distance, that had races every weekend. The Fox front end was a crash course in suspension tuning and roll control. :) Who the hell decided to put one shock across both arms, it's like they wanted the car to sway in turns. Anyway, maybe I'm just bitter. We ran Foams, Onroad, I guess the original "bomber" class.

One day Charlie, the owner, mechanic, salesman, secratary, and hair dresser at Parlor Hobbies (was in the back of a beauty parlor, hence the name!) had a JRX2 up on the top shelf, brand new, just in. This was late 1989 / early 1990. Like the Fox, this car was now possessing 95% of my thought cycle. Thanks to a catholic Confirmation party, and saving up money, the dream of owning that car came to be in spring of 1990.

Charlie converted the car with Foams, repositioned shocks, and an IROC camaro body. I kicked ass with that car, but soon for some reason stopped racing.

So here I am. 10 years ago or so ago I started again picking up JRX2 parts. I now own an almost mint JRX2 buggy, two JRXT trucks, and thanks to this place a JRX2 Advanced Racing Pan conversion, something that I would have loved to have back at Parlorr Hobbies in the early 90's. Didn't even know it existed until I saw the thread here. And that's where I ended up buying one. Even without B/S/T access...... lolol :lol:

I like this place. I have been visiting for I dont know how long, just recently joined due to the motivation of "having to own" that pan car, and I find myself in a community of like minded lunatics.

I said I love RC, and I mean it. I fly rc. I have rc boats. I have rc cars. But lately I find myself happier tinkering and staring at the old stuff. I am also blessed with a little girl, 8 years old, who loves whatever daddy does, and is my rc buddy whenever and wherever. :) That is the best reward of any of what I wrote above.

So here I am, and hello. :)

fristajlo
Approved Member

Post by fristajlo »

Hello everybody!

My name is Martin and I live in Sweden. The last couple of years I´ve become addicted to vintage RC-cars. In two years time the collection has grown from 1 car to 30+. My main interest is to restore cars from a medioker or poor state into shelf queens.
Bought my first car 25 years ago, the Optima pro and I still have it in my possession. The cars that I never could afford as a kid are the cars I try to acquire today. Didn´t realize how big the community was until I got more involved in the great world of vintage RC! I´m almost done with my collection of cars. Almost... At first I thought it would be enough with a SS, a Bruiser and a Thunder tiger Trans am. But then I remembered the Landjump, the Samurai, the Porsche 959, the Stinger and so on.
God I´m kneedeep into this addiction... :wink:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

fristajlo wrote:In two years time the collection has grown from 1 car to 30+. God I´m kneedeep into this addiction... :wink:
Wow....over thirty cars in 2 years?? If you consider that knee-deep into the addiction, I barely got a toe wet! (4 cars with one still incomplete) :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3