Late Edinger - Peroxide bath?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Re: Late Edinger - Peroxide bath?

Post by Jedi Master »

Now I'm completely lost........ :?:
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Well, since it is NIP - put it back in the box and restore a lightly used one :P

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

If you just keep the parts in the bags and resist the urge to build it.
Then the parts will remain as white as they will ever be.

slowboy
Approved Member

Post by slowboy »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
slowboy wrote:Its ok since its a late edinger....its really a cadillac rc10 not an edinger.....the late ones just came in leftover edinger boxes but everything about them is cadillac..so its not that rare,,,,even the chassis is a darker gold color....so you can find many parts to replace them if you dont like them after the peroxide bath.....
Your exactly right, I'm sorry we didn't tell you what you wanted to hear in your thread. Next time just let everyone know what to tell you in advance and we'll get it right.
see, your late edinger, even though everything about it says edinger like the box, the manuals, the motor , the shock towers are milled, shock retainers have no slots,wheels have no writing,etc ....Its not real...Its a cadillac!!! just ask this guy....he was there when they put it in the box....it was all fake!!!!

madweazl
Approved Member

Post by madweazl »

VintageCat wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:To be honest, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say there are plenty of box art RC10s out there. I think the models where people put their own spin on them are far more interesting. IMHO :D
I'd been considering starting a thread on that very same train of thought - why are the box art builds so popular? I never once bought something and said "Hey, I want it to look like someone else's..." :wink:

I do admire the effort put into box art builds, just not my thing. You know how it's going to turn out, and then it often turns into "the font on that sticker is wrong" type discussions. :roll:
I do the box art reproductions because that is how I remember the vehicle the first time I saw them. I always saw the cars in ads the first time so the box art is really stuck in my memory from lusting after them for so long. While I'd never use a box art paint for a vehicle I run, my shelf queens are all done in box art. For other people that are into the hobby, it's easier for them to identify the vehicle when I bring them to the track and display them as well. Everyone knows what the Optima Mid SE is right away because of the box art but less than half of those people would recognize it at first glance if it were painted differently. I really enjoy seeing other peoples faces light up when they see something from yesteryear; it's the same feeling I got doing the build/rebuild.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

slowboy wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote:
slowboy wrote:Its ok since its a late edinger....its really a cadillac rc10 not an edinger.....the late ones just came in leftover edinger boxes but everything about them is cadillac..so its not that rare,,,,even the chassis is a darker gold color....so you can find many parts to replace them if you dont like them after the peroxide bath.....
Your exactly right, I'm sorry we didn't tell you what you wanted to hear in your thread. Next time just let everyone know what to tell you in advance and we'll get it right.
see, your late edinger, even though everything about it says edinger like the box, the manuals, the motor , the shock towers are milled, shock retainers have no slots,wheels have no writing,etc ....Its not real...Its a cadillac!!! just ask this guy....he was there when they put it in the box....it was all fake!!!!
Now that I think about it the last time wasn't your thread either, you stammered and raised your waving hand after your question wasn't answered right away. Then when a few people tried to answer your question and you were not satisfied, yet you posted no images of what you had "it's just like the other one" so no matter what you actually have it might as well be a purple spotted kitten. Scr8p answered you as a last post with "if it says it, it is" so you have whatever it is. You didn't like my input? Ok, so ignore it-

But This thread, your first post which has nothing to do with this thread-

**sorry Jedi about the derailment**

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

madweazl wrote:I do the box art reproductions because that is how I remember the vehicle the first time I saw them. I always saw the cars in ads the first time so the box art is really stuck in my memory from lusting after them for so long. While I'd never use a box art paint for a vehicle I run, my shelf queens are all done in box art. For other people that are into the hobby, it's easier for them to identify the vehicle when I bring them to the track and display them as well. Everyone knows what the Optima Mid SE is right away because of the box art but less than half of those people would recognize it at first glance if it were painted differently. I really enjoy seeing other peoples faces light up when they see something from yesteryear; it's the same feeling I got doing the build/rebuild.
I agree 100% on the nostalgic value of box art models and I love them. I'm merely stating that if I'm going to stand aside and watch Jedi's build come together I'd rather see something new and unique. :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken