resignation

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

soniccj5
Approved Member

Re: resignation

Post by soniccj5 »

This has to be the best forum I have ever come across. Someone one is always willing to answer a question, and sometimes will post a link to a thread with more detail where the same question was asked before. The only negative thing I can say about his board, it makes you spend a bunch of money.

You should reconsider your resignation and give it another try.

ED

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

I joined for the cars and stayed for the drama!

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Without any doubt this is THE BEST vintage forum ANYWHERE.

Personaly I try to get back to all PM's but alot is done on my apple I-phone and the keyboard (being so tiny) requires more of an effort to use (sorry) so while I check PM's I also sometimes forget to reply by the time I make it back to my PC.

Mate you won't find a better bunch of guys than you will here. The diversity, knowledge and experience of the members here when it comes to the old stuff is simply outstanding.

Maybe you can dust yourself off and give us all another go?
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience here. Like others have said, I'd stick around a little longer. I was feeling very sympathetic towards you until the last sentence, that one makes you sound like maybe you've got a bit of a chip on your shoulder.

Was I one of the people you contacted for bst access? I usually try to approve people right away, but sometimes people slip thru the cracks. Nothing to get bent about, just send a friendly reminder.

As for the PM thing, I've sent Charlie Don't Surf two PMs in the past two days with no reply. So, it's not just you. :wink:

Overall we've got a great bunch of guys here.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

See! :oops: :oops: :lol: , er.....pm incoming....

slim_chance
Approved Member

Post by slim_chance »

Shoot I like it here myself. I never had a bad experiance myself. Everybody here even puts up with my rambling about the Widow buggy and the Rus'buggy. My favorite rc forum hands down. Try to stick around enjoy. I do even when my threads get no replies what so ever.
Super phenominal cosmic plans! itty bitty bank account.

Procrastinators unite!......tomorrow.
My new Fb page by bashers for bashers. Rc bashers unite! http://www.facebook.com/RcBashersUnite

WillyThickfoot  It’s my birthday!
Approved Member

Post by WillyThickfoot »

Old Farts?? Your 62!! Our loss??? LOL!! Dont let the door hit ya!

jon burrows
Approved Member

Post by jon burrows »

I'm kinda disappointed to see such a poor rant! I frequent this site every day to see progress on projects, hear what fellow entheuiasts are doing. Never thought id read such whinning!
I'm a newbie too, newer than you! I've written posts nobody answered, I've asked questions nobody answered, who the ___ cares! I asked for BST access and got no response for two weeks. I either figured the admins were busy, or didn't see my message, then i decided id ask a different admin and got access. And quite frankly I wish I didn't have BST access.
BTW, I've never been solicited to donate anything! If I choose to, that's up to me, you should do the same. , :lol: :lol: .
I don't have a lot of input to provide, I wish I did, and if somebody ignores me or says a choice undertone snide remark, which has happened by one of the posters here, i just ignored it, again, it's not worth my time and who the _____ cares!
I plan on sticking around for a long time because of vintage RC! Not for BST surely!
(oh my god I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes of my precious day to write this!)

jb

SRTracer121
Approved Member

Post by SRTracer121 »

ya know i saw this thread when i fired up the computer this morning and my first thought was ohh boo freakin hoo.

but i want to chime in so i guess ill have a swing at a well reasoned post....

does this place feel "cliky" sometimes? yes. are some of the builds rather humbling and almost intimidating? yeah some of them.

however.

i say the clickieness is a sign that these guys are just nice and chill and have a history. just like we all are with good friends, local racers and family. and the build quality of the projects is sometimes humbling but i propose that it should be a challenge to yourself that you can step up your own game.

if you want to see what a nasty group of online users are like spend 20 minutes in the racing sections on rctech. not that im taking a shot at the forum (its also a vast source of knowledge) but that place will tear a man a new bung hole if they dont have the skin for that crap.

ive had threads where i get like a couple hundred views and even a pm asking for me to sell the car but not more than 2-3 reply's. it is what it is. no skin off my bones. ill still enjoy building cobbled cars and posting them up.

as far as people not getting back to you well i still say too friggin bad *sarcasm*, we all have lives outside rc and the interwebs. if i cant get back to someone, oh well. rc forums function solely on peoples desire to help others and talk about rc. this isnt a customer support center, we are not paid to do so and if we cant get back to you than oh well.

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

I wonder...
Has he even come back to read the reply's?

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

Doesn't look like he has: http://www.rc10talk.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7649

If I'm reading that correctly, his last visit was 1 minute after creating this thread.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Guess he was serious, eh? :lol:

I was wondering though, is it possible to resign if one was never hired? :P
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

His post is in a section that does not require login, so he could have read them that way.
To me it almost seems like someone else hijacked his account.

I almost posted up something encouraging, but I had looked at the last login time and figured he had made up his mind. I hope not, but que sera. :wink:

And I think a more correct term would be retraction.
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

Maybe someone should "PM" him his thread results :roll:

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Coming back into vintage r/c I have drawn inspiration from many places over the net. This site, Tamiyaclub, Oople, Schumacher Forum, RC Tech, Time Tunnel and dare I say it-even eBay . The net has been a great resource for me Personaly and being able to view so much so often it has given me the drive to contribute builds of my own. No doubt some people can be intimidated by many of the better builds out there but I've never posted up anything with the intention to show off (or the like). I have been and still am passionate about all things vintage/classic/old skool.

As for the BST area, this can be a great place to find or unload parts others may need to complete their projects. It's tough finding bits you want at times and I've been forced to buy large lots just to get at the parts I've needed. Much of what I am left with I have little use for so I then turn it back on to the open market.

I do believe we can't all have it our own way all of the time. You gotta take the good with the bad and just enjoy it for what it is.

Is this place Clicke? I wouldn't say so. I think people that have been here a long time develop strong friendships through sharing/helping one another. New members needant take offense to this, they need to contribute in the same way all of us have and over time things will most likely develop.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980