Gold Pan Rear hub Carrier (ASC6265)

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

LJH

Gold Pan Rear hub Carrier (ASC6265)

Post by LJH »

Hello All,
After rebuilding my 6 gear transmission last week I have the old girl running better then ever...it is amazing how much difference there is after spending some time to make sure everything is smooth in the transmission....the little buggy is faster and smoother then ever.

Anyhow I put 4 packs through her this weekend and ended up breaking a ASC6365 hub carrier. I did a bit of looking and it seems these are long gone so I am looking at my options. I am still running the 1/4" axles and dog bones and wondering if I can continue to run these parts or should I convert to 3/16" axles.

If some of you very knowledgeable folks could chime in and let me know my options it would be most appreciated. Looking on e-bay I see some rear hub carriers but the descriptions are not detailed enough for me to make a educated decision.

Cheers,
Jim

GoMachV

Re: Gold Pan Rear hub Carrier (ASC6265)

Post by GoMachV »

There are a lot if options. Is your primary goal a runner? If so, are you happy with your current supply of wheels and tires?

If you switch to 3/16 you will have a slightly easier time finding wheels but it will cost you your current units.

Truck carriers use an unflanged bearing, either 3/16 or 1/4 inside and 3/8 outside. By swapping to truck carriers it will look a little less authentic but will work great and you should find them easier to purchase.

I will dig up some numbers for truck carriers but they are fairly easy to spot- they are not squared off like the buggy units
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

the 6366 rear hubs are still available, they just have 1.5 degrees of toe in added per side. other than that they're the same.

LJH

Post by LJH »

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I am just using the old girl for some pack yard bashing and am not terribly concerned with keeping her period correct. I am running 2" wheels in the back and the Losi Step Pin tires which seem to work fine.

In all my searching I did not come up with any reference to the ASC6366's. What is the amount of toe-in on the 6365's? Looking at her I would guess that the total toe right now is around 3* per side? Is the toe dictated by just the hub carriers or do the arms come into the equation?

Thanks and I really appreciate the input.

Cheers,
Jim

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

6365's are 0. Your car from stock should have 1.5 arm mounts so you would end up with 3 degrees total.

LJH

Post by LJH »

scr8p wrote:6365's are 0. Your car from stock should have 1.5 arm mounts so you would end up with 3 degrees total.
Is 3* per side acceptable? From my knowledge of full scale alignment practices this will net more straight line stability and a bit less turn in and rotation. Anything else I have to worry about?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

all of the rc10's starting with the 6 gear graphite had 3 degrees of rear toe. team cars, ce's, worlds car.....

LJH

Post by LJH »

scr8p wrote:all of the rc10's starting with the 6 gear graphite had 3 degrees of rear toe. team cars, ce's, worlds car.....
Hmm....wonder if I changed them at some point....my mis-spent youth may be popping up here. I looked at them closely last night and they look like they are 0* but I could be wrong.

Edit-I see you stated starting with the graphite cars, that would explain it then.

I just ordered up the ASC6366's and will get the old girl up and running again.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

I had this bookmarked from way back, maybe it will be of some assistance:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27110
- Brian -

My Gallery