#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GreenHell
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by GreenHell »

I started my build this weekend and so far all the parts are accounted for and haven’t had any issues with the assembly. I'm still undecided on what's going to power this thing, I have a LRP Flow / Reedy 9.5 or go old school with a NIB Novak "Hammer" / Reedy "Mr H". Hmmmm
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

Patiofurnituregt
Approved Member

Post by Patiofurnituregt »

gomachv wrote:The ironic part though is that the US style stealth is reported to go together great, it's the ReRe new case and topshaft causing the problems. Long live old technology! :mrgreen:

I am surprised Tim still comes around after all the bashing we give him :mrgreen: I hope he understands how much we appreciate him being the scapegoat!
Haha. I worked at a hobby shop for 3 years when I was in high school and have dealt with much worse. I just try not to take it personal and I know it can be a bit frustrating from the customers end who just spent there hard earned money on something and have issues. Additionally, you guys much more familiar with this car than the average new customer so you guys are more likely to notice things that may be off and then I can do what I can to try and remedy it on my end if possible or just simply answering questions.
Tim Tunnermann
Team Associated Design Engineer
Team Associated | |Reedy | XP Digital | JConcepts | Futaba | Makita | Kicker | LiveRC

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

Patiofurnituregt wrote:Additionally, you guys much more familiar with this car than the average new customer so you guys are more likely to notice things that may be off and then I can do what I can to try and remedy it on my end if possible or just simply answering questions.
So have you been hearing about this top shaft "issue" from outside of this forum as well, or only here? Is it something that's being looked at by TA?

Thanks!

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

the issue is when the first case came off the mold it was fine but after doing a run of them after the case cools the spacing between the top shaft and idler gear closes up , making the fit tighter or in some cases to tight to turn at all. so while your case might seem to be fine after a few runs others mite not be that way. i myself had to file both gears then find the high spot where it was still hitting and file that down,after 50 times i almost got it but still hits and the gears are really thin to the point i wont run it with my brushless setup.i also brought the usa made stealth it is great but there are issues with this re re case. plus its unfair for people to get upset because some one is voicing how they feel. true it is a 30 year old car and i am sure that a.e. tried to do the best they could with production but unlike some people not every one has the understanding on how to fix what they are finding wrong. so instead of everyone say what they are lets help the ones who need it, plus customer service is there to help those who dont understand or have a part that wont fit or work.true its not a b5 but in this day and age of mold making,machining certain things are expected of a company making a part or a kit. its not 1983 or 1993. but 2014 so while there are ones who had the honor or putting together a orginal kit back then alot of people didnt so they are only going by what they know. the main issue is not it being a re release but q.c. which tim has no control over he lives in the usa not china. i dont feel anyone has blamed him or bashed him. i have had a few emails with him and he was quite helpful and i also thanked him for his help. this forum is her to help people so lets keep it that way and stop taking it personal because you think you figured it out while someone mite have not or maybe has a worse part then yours.
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

To me it kind of sounds like a "doesn't work" problem at the moment. So for now it's shelf queens only?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Some people aren't having any issues. Others are, and need to follow the break in advice Tim provided. Some are seeing layshaft issues, requiring a spacer. Some are seeing oil spillage in the box. Each problem has a different solution.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Twin Detonator
Approved Member

Post by Twin Detonator »

Man... With all this talk about ill fitting Stealth parts scared me, so I decided to build that part first!!!! LOL!!

I just got it done and I did not have a single problem and not one single hitch as far as putting it together, it is really smooth feeling.

I hope the rest of the build goes as well... LOL!!
Lynn

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Gear alignment due to the case doesn't make any sense unless there are multiple instances of the cases in each mold. Therefore only the 'bad' case is the people are having issues with. And its luck of the draw if you get the case made from the bad cavity.

Of course the top shaft has known issues so maybe whole issue is that top shaft if the gear is eccentric.

mdutcher
Approved Member

Post by mdutcher »

bully wrote:What exactly is the Issue? Slipper rubbing on motor plate? Use a top shaft spacer... Trans feels tight? Tidy up gear on top shaft or just run it an it will free up after cpl runs.. All the info has already been stated many times.
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=33974
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=29690
Thanks for the link showing the spacer. However, I have done exactly this and still have an issue. Once tightened, the shim is binding against the bearing and the back of the slipper plate. Ugh.
FT RC10B4.2*Dualsky ESC*Reedy 17.5T*XP
RC10 Re-Re*Dualsky ESC*Reedy 17.5T*Savox
RC10 CE*Novak GTB2*Dualsky 13.5T*XP
RC10T and other vintage goodness

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

mdutcher wrote: Thanks for the link showing the spacer. However, I have done exactly this and still have an issue. Once tightened, the shim is binding against the bearing and the back of the slipper plate. Ugh.
The back of the slipper plate and the bearings inner race are supposed to be spinning at the same time, so binding would be fine. Something else must be going on
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

chophead69 wrote:plus its unfair for people to get upset because some one is voicing how they feel.
This is life...fairness stops at about age 7 or so.

There is a difference about voicing how they feel and whining and tried to differentiate that part. Same as if you plunked out an aluminum what not and came on here and started whining about it vs. asking for help to get it remedied :wink: .

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

mdutcher
Approved Member

Post by mdutcher »

gomachv wrote:
mdutcher wrote: Thanks for the link showing the spacer. However, I have done exactly this and still have an issue. Once tightened, the shim is binding against the bearing and the back of the slipper plate. Ugh.
The back of the slipper plate and the bearings inner race are supposed to be spinning at the same time, so binding would be fine. Something else must be going on
Sure enough, there was som ever so slight binding with the tranny case and the spacer. Fixed it now. Yeah, happy day.

The binding is gone. Thanks for the help!
FT RC10B4.2*Dualsky ESC*Reedy 17.5T*XP
RC10 Re-Re*Dualsky ESC*Reedy 17.5T*Savox
RC10 CE*Novak GTB2*Dualsky 13.5T*XP
RC10T and other vintage goodness

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Glad to hear it fixed it!

So, yours had the mismade shaft, did it also have the binding while spinning the trans? Trying to narrow down the two issues and see if they are linked
Factory Works website

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

So, about 3 weeks ago, I bought a 2.25 stealth trans, and then just recently bought the worlds car. Is the separate stealth trans a USA part? Then the rere stealth worlds trans is a china part? Are they both 2.25? Thanks!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yes, and yes. The worlds is an updated part, the ReRe stealth is old issue

Curious to see how yours goes together. It would be great if you could compare top shafts and how well each spin
Factory Works website