Kyosho now on the re-re bandwagon - Scorpion

The place for all things re-release Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho now on the re-re bandwagon - Scorpion

Post by rccars4sal »

Im all for the re release of tires to suit these rere cars! Thats probably the biggest benefit I see in the rere sector. TIRES. Bring on the tires. Daddys got a shelf full of old cars waiting for new rubber.

KyoshoScorpionKid
Approved Member

Post by KyoshoScorpionKid »

Just think in 25 years you will see another picture like this of the re-scorpions.
Attachments
IMG_0324.JPG

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Boy, is that gonna be an awful year.....

:P

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Coelacanth wrote:Incredible_Tampon_Raider does have a nice ring to it... :lol:
You, my friend, are weird.....

:shock:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

ron
Approved Member

Post by ron »

I don't think value of the original scorpion will go down - for the simple fact that it is an original. You have fake LV bags out there - real leather and all, a clone, but you will not see the price of the real thing as cheap as the clone,

Well its not about value as much as it is about enjoying the hobby. I am new to the the world of vintage rc and its like I belong here, in less than an year, I have learnt so MUCH. I love the vintage stuff and prefer them over the new ones, I know I speak for all here. Vintage stuff is speical not because they are old and rare but because they were made with such precision, ingenuity and most important of all - REALISM. This is something newer cars don't offer. The fact that kyosho is making a rr, makes me smile because they have that essence of the scorpion in their design, let everyone enjoy it.

I also have a love for 1/8 buggies, I agree they are built with more realism and parts are very well machined and formed. I am trying to collect the best of parts that I like and build a runner! So far gotten a whole sankyo sigma buggy from which I will use front trailing arms only, kyosho rowdy gearbox (love this to bits), - looking for a BALL DIFF for this. gotten the suoer champ servo saver - nice and beefy, CB-89 long shocks with coil over springs. I have everything for it, just need time, :mrgreen:

Oh and yes I admire the Japanese VERY much - not to brag but it is a fact they make HELL OF A GOOD PRODUCT - PERIOD! :D

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Incredible_Serious wrote:
Coelacanth wrote:Incredible_Tampon_Raider does have a nice ring to it... :lol:
You, my friend, are weird.....

:shock:
You supplied the ammo. I just fired it. :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

I´ve yet to see an 1/8 off-road with ball diff´s - Not old nor new. I don´t think they exist?
ron wrote:I don't think value of the original scorpion will go down - for the simple fact that it is an original. You have fake LV bags out there - real leather and all, a clone, but you will not see the price of the real thing as cheap as the clone,

Well its not about value as much as it is about enjoying the hobby. I am new to the the world of vintage rc and its like I belong here, in less than an year, I have learnt so MUCH. I love the vintage stuff and prefer them over the new ones, I know I speak for all here. Vintage stuff is speical not because they are old and rare but because they were made with such precision, ingenuity and most important of all - REALISM. This is something newer cars don't offer. The fact that kyosho is making a rr, makes me smile because they have that essence of the scorpion in their design, let everyone enjoy it.

I also have a love for 1/8 buggies, I agree they are built with more realism and parts are very well machined and formed. I am trying to collect the best of parts that I like and build a runner! So far gotten a whole sankyo sigma buggy from which I will use front trailing arms only, kyosho rowdy gearbox (love this to bits), - looking for a BALL DIFF for this. gotten the suoer champ servo saver - nice and beefy, CB-89 long shocks with coil over springs. I have everything for it, just need time, :mrgreen:

Oh and yes I admire the Japanese VERY much - not to brag but it is a fact they make HELL OF A GOOD PRODUCT - PERIOD! :D
Gone fishing

ron
Approved Member

Post by ron »

Oh but it has been made in the 80s for the kyosho rowdy Baja extra. A real ball diff and adjustable via 3 nuts. Way cool, wish I could have it. Even with or without the gearbox is cool for the fact that all gearing ratios are inside the box and the only shaft goes to motor. Yeah and we all know of their cb 88 and 89 shocks.

Just search rowdy Baja extra, you will see the diff.

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

Thanks Ron - That ball diff looks mean.
I have the Rowdy Baja, Not the extra though :mrgreen: , but I could do with a cage.
I allmost copied the cage from the Challenger, but then I found my long lost patience again and decided to wait.

Do You have pictures of Your project?
Gone fishing

stulec52
Approved Member

Post by stulec52 »

Has anyone seen any updates about the release date?

Also I have found a few places listing the kit for pre order, but not for any parts.
Anyone seen those? I like a lot of us here would love to grab a body or 2, and like was mentioned earlier, some tires

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

When my friend at the LHS called and spoke with Steve about back ordering a few he was told at least a month out, and that was 2 weeks ago
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

stulec52
Approved Member

Post by stulec52 »

gomachv wrote:When my friend at the LHS called and spoke with Steve about back ordering a few he was told at least a month out, and that was 2 weeks ago
great thanks.

Mazdaj
Approved Member

Post by Mazdaj »

This same "discussion" again. Every time a re-re is announced regardless of the brand this comes up. If you want one, go buy it. If you don't want one, don't buy one. Just don't bitch at the people who can maybe afford something they couldn't 25 years ago.

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

Discussion and the possibility to speak Your opinion is very important - North Korea is a cool place to be if You don´t like debating or discussions :mrgreen:

We´re all very fond of RC, one way or another, and all in all very peacefull beings - so my hope is that people don´t take it too personal and just have a good time debating.
Gone fishing

ron
Approved Member

Post by ron »

DennisM - I have not really built or started working on the 1/8 scale project yet! I have my hands full with kyosho beetle and an optima mid that I pick up ocasionaly, yesterday I was working on both, worked till the 2.30am in the morning, got like 1% done! I am happy with the slow progress- more fun in building compared to running it.

Back to my 1/8 scale buggy- it will have a ladder chassis- C channel like the tamiya tractor truck, a Le Mans brushless should have plenty of power, the fact that it is 1/8 makes it possible to use so much parts that will be scale sized - I can use most of my 1/10 parts that on a 1/10 would look over sized.

I really love the look of the 1/8 1970s buggies, they had small engines compared to their size and ran like a real buggy, now you have 20+ engine sizes in 1/10

Yes, no matter how diff the opinion is or how much it pleases you or 'pisses' you, they are all constructive and makes you look at the situation from a different perspective. If we had the same type of thinkers in this world, it would be one boring place to live in :roll: