#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by GodSpeed »

I just received a #6560 kit from Stormer and it has a Chinese case in it.

I don't think I'm too happy about that. What's your opinions?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I just ordered some 6565 cases from associated, might want to get in on that before they are gone again!!

Don't forget the idler is different too
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

GodSpeed wrote:I just received a #6560 kit from Stormer and it has a Chinese case in it.

They are parting out kits. That isn't the official 6560 kit. That's also why you got a plate and cover
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I wonder why the sudden dump of kits? This is bad news that they wont be hanging around in my opinion. I would think if they had plans to keep the car around they would get replacement top shafts and rebag the kits.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

I think I'm gonna get another kit directly from AE tonight myself. ....along with some stealth cases.

When I got my first Worlds car (have two) and I built it , being that I was waiting for a top shaft to get sent in to me from AE, I just threw in the US stealth kit....and ended up throwing the Chinese version that came with the worlds car in a vintage gold tub beater I have, once the top shaft came in. In my re re classic I also the US stealth kit in there.
The worlds n classic re re's with the US stealth kits run freakin awesome. The Stealth that came with the worlds car that I threw in a gold tub, that thing is giving me nothing but problems. I have no idea what it is (I have the proper top shaft in it) ......Evrytime I ride the thing off road I feel like I should take it apart cause something's not right.
The other cars, they're smooth like butter.

I don't get why they don't make wide arms in white either.....They already have the molds.
They make the classic re re.....they know people are gonna want to upgrade. (They made the stealth) ...Who the hell wants a car with all white parts and black front arms.....This is heinous.
I got lucky and scored a pair on NIP white Andys wide arms the other week on the 'bay. Threw em on the classic re re and it gave me that warm and fuzzy ,complete feeling on the inside.

Edit: just pulled the trigger on another kit (and a couple tranny cases) directly from AE.

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

GodSpeed wrote:I just received a #6560 kit from Stormer and it has a Chinese case in it.

That's messed up....I feel bad I mentioned that place having them to you. I thought it was the "stealth Kit 6560" that I had bought which it obviously isn't. That's some real BS.
Upon further inspection, they do show the picture of the case if you click on their link, but that's shady advertising. I wouldn't have noticed either. I would have bought it thinking it was the AE kit.
My bad dude....I had no idea.

Edit: so what do they do, part out a defective unit and sell it off as a kit?? Does it have the proper top shaft??
That's shady business.

Ebay sellers don't do that. They all state either 6560 stealth kit, or 6002worlds car transmission complete.

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

I Inquired last week about the kit being discont when requesting a couple new top shafts.

The response I got was. ... "I don't know but we (Associated) just ordered 380 more." So the clear out and re run sounds like the best guess.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Once they drop the price to $199 it's hard to put it back up.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

Hey Nick it's obviously not your "fault" I chose to purchase from Stormer. The really unfortunate thing is the one I was looking at on Amazon for only a few bucks more is now gone. Live and learn.

I couldn't get a hold of Bob Stormer by phone yesterday, he was like Polkaroo, but he did reply to an email. I've since responded again requesting, graciously, that he help me out. It shouldn't be difficult for him to supply me with a #6325 trans brace $2.00 retail (missing), a #6565 US Stealth case $6.00 retail, and a #6570 idler gear affixed to the shaft $3.50 retail, as these are the parts I was expecting to receive in the proper kit. Trouble might come with the top shaft. It's not the incorrect part number so I can't request the "good/right" one, and I didn't buy a Worlds Re-Re kit to end up with these parts so to have Associated help me out, as they have with many guys here, might be tough.

Pics of this "kit" (bag-o-parts as I like to refer to it) are here in the RE RE Stealth Trans thread --

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=34200&start=45

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

aeiou wrote:Those kits are no longer on Tower either. Hmmm.
Story of my life . Waited for the scorpion to arrive in stock and use coupons for the scorpion and worlds . Ended up using the tower coupon for the scorpion and A-main points for the worlds .

besty22
Approved Member

Post by besty22 »

Waiting for mine to arrive , still hasnt left the US :(
Respect - Hard Earned but Easily Lost

2BornotB2

Post by 2BornotB2 »

Haven't been following this thread much, but for latecomers, what's the best kit to order?

Just tried to get #6560 from AE, it's been discontinued. My LHS doesn't have it either.

Thanks.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

The best trans kit? The 6560 is the only one. It can be found on eBay and such but is effectively discontinued
Factory Works website

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

I've seen them on eBay for over 100 bucks now which is crazy, so alternatively (it'll cost more but you'll get more) you could buy a Worlds car and then a US Stealth case #6565, an idler gear/shaft #6570 and hope for the best on your top shaft.

If it's bunk, contact AE and request a replacement.

besty22
Approved Member

Post by besty22 »

Just got my kit. Nothing like the original in quality of finish for the pan. Mine actually has some minor pitting in the bottom.
Not a big deal, but not awesome. I will make mine a shelfer I think and just keep using my original at the vintage meet with some 2.2s on it
Respect - Hard Earned but Easily Lost