ebay seller protection policy

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

esaresky75
Approved Member

ebay seller protection policy

Post by esaresky75 »

Yesterday I was helping an older friend with selling on ebay, this morning he asked about a seller protection link that was listed with the shipping label he created. The link didn't work so I summed-up their policy. Do I need to add anything?

"The protection policy for sellers may protect the seller in cases of damage to an item when it arrives to the hands of a buyer. There are several factors in determining the amount (if any) compensation you (the seller) will receive if a buyer opens a claim. Factors are not limited to the following but do weigh major consideration: If the agent handling the claim is on “the rag” (this mainly applies to women), if the agent didn’t get laid that morning (mainly applies to men but can also apply to women), if the claim causes too much typing, if the claim requires any form to be filled out triplicate. In general, the seller will get screwed and the buyer will have your item and your money."
Burn more coal - UnderGroundMiners.com

GoMachV

Re: ebay seller protection policy

Post by GoMachV »

Your close, but you could more easily summarize it as follows-

Seller protection policy: N/A
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

Seller Protection Policy: The buyer is always right

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

THE CROOKS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT=EBAY :lol:

Sixtysixdeuce
Approved Member

Post by Sixtysixdeuce »

If you're on the up-and-up, you'll be fine. Take lots of pictures, give fairly detailed descriptions, and especially mention any defects/damage. It's pretty hard for a buyer to argue that you didn't disclose something if it is quite evident that you did disclose everything in writing and pictures.

Really the only time you're gonna be on the hook is if you either ship something that differs from what you listed, or if you fail to provide tracking info that shows "accepted". Once the carrier has the package, it's not your problem if it isn't delivered. Sucks on the buying end, and I've had USPS lose more than one package, but it's not the sellers fault.

I've sold quite a bit, never had a problem because I have always given very detailed descriptions, ship quickly and communicate well with buyers. However, I also drafted my own disclaimer:

I strive to provide accurate descriptions of the items I am selling, but all are sold as-is, with no warranty or guarantee, unless otherwise stated. Please look at photographs closely and ask questions before bidding/buying if you need further details or clarification on a listing. Payment is due within 72 hours of auction close or commitment to buy unless buyer communicates a satisfactory reason for further delay, such as out of town or bidding on another item that ends later. Items not paid for within 72 hours will be relisted or sold in a second chance offer. Winning bidders/buyers who fail to pay will be prohibited from bidding on or purchasing any items I am selling, present or future, without exception. I ship within 1 business day of payment received. Must request total for combined shipping on multiple items. Refunds on returned items will not be issued until items are received. Buyer pays return shipping. Refund amount may be less than purchase amount if item condition is not exactly as-sold (new items that have been installed are now used, and refunds will be reduced by NOT LESS than 25%). Stated shipping cost is to lower 48 states only.

And yes, I have a fairly long list of blocked buyers who failed to meet my requirements.
"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead; It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid."