I'd say happy 100th to Reg, but...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

shodog
Approved Member

Re: I'd say happy 100th to Reg, but...

Post by shodog »

steve wrote:To make a long story even shorter , ever think that people are tired of others negative bs ?...
The proverbial nail on the head.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Well shucks,

I'm like an ugly guy at the prom, just happy to be here. I think this place is totally rad. I usually try to keep my eyes and ears open and my mouth shut, but this discussion just goes to show that vintage rc mania runs deep and people carry fierce loyalties to brands and models that they grew up with. Even though I am a member, I still kinda feel like a guest because this is an RC10 based place.

I'm gonna tell you, this place pulled me out of a funk and got me back into RC. Not gonna lie; I saw the RC10 rere and it motivated me to pull my beat and busted incomplete buggies out of the garage and go balls out on them.

I don't have history here or carry any weight and I have chimed in out of turn a few times; but when it is all said and done, if you are honest with yourself and others, everything else figures itself out.

It's not about what's better or who's the big man on campus; it's about keeping it tasteful and keeping it in the correct forum.

Just my opinion(s)

Mark
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Jim85IROC
Approved Member

Post by Jim85IROC »

Although I'm a noob on this forum, I've been on a few forums for almost 20 years (God, imagine that, 20 years on that brand new Internet thing), and the only thing that's been constant is that they've always changed. No forum is immune to change, and I've seen them change in all kinds of ways. Some were adaptive and evolved in order to stay relevant. Others stayed true to their original focus, and as a result, membership declined to the point where many ceased to exist, while others existed as a former shell of themselves. That's what happened with my forum (www.iroczone.com), but considering how uniquely focused our subject matter is, that's not really a surprise. With this forum, I suspect that it will continue to have a more broad appeal as more cars continue to come into the "vintage" fold, but with those new cars, will come new members, and no doubt a dilution of the original members and their content.

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Lets face it, there is no more vintage only RC10 parts due to the re releases, now it's become more evolution on the RC10 here, but none the less RC10s are still a strong focus of this forum and that's cool with me.

The other vintage stuff is a bonus and something I have never hear anyone complain about. Ithink the evolution of this site is spot on and the admins are doing a great job. As long as we have the correct info/builds in the correct categories, we are "golden".

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Though easier said than done, we need to keep an open mind! I was about to through in the towel as well. One member was a total ass to me, but why give up my enjoyment for one ass!? Scr8p and gomackv led me straight!

Sadly, this place is a bit less without Reg! :( Hope he comes back!

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

slotcarrod wrote:why give up my enjoyment for one ass!?
Depends on the ass, there are some pretty nice pieces of ass I would give up a whole lot of enjoyment for :mrgreen:

Then again, I'm still married so, I'm just a hypocrite :lol:

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

This is a hobby I use as enjoyment to get-away from all of lifes seriousness, as I believe we all do. I haven't seen him post personally about his leaving or reasons and doubt he will, so insinuating reasons makes one part of the problem and is basically gossip . If he needs a break, good for him. Wish you all the best thanks for the help over the years.
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

slapshot1979 wrote:This is a hobby I use as enjoyment to get-away from all of lifes seriousness, as I believe we all do. I haven't seen him post personally about his leaving or reasons and doubt he will, so insinuating reasons makes one part of the problem and is basically gossip . If he needs a break, good for him. Wish you all the best thanks for the help over the years.
the posts are there, but only the mods can see em. His reasons mentioned are correctly stated
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

Ok fair enough. This entire thread seems very strange. Maybe Im missing something
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

Jumped in here to wish Reggie a happy belated birthday and was surprised at the news. I had no idea that he'd packed up and left.

If you happen to read this, Reg - the door's always open and there are a lot of us who'd welcome your return.

sandkil
Approved Member

Post by sandkil »

I think this is really sad. Hope he will return soon.

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

I don't know Reg, but reading through this thread also made me :( . Because of this thread I was tempted to start a new thread of why I love this forum, but I figured all you guys don't really need to know how much I love you, I mean, this forum...

To each his own... We all just need to find what makes us happy.
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

sandkil wrote:I think this is really sad. Hope he will return soon.

I've spoken to reggie recently and he seems pretty happy to me but didn't say anything about the community so who knows hopefully hell be back one day

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yes, on Facebook he seems to be doing well. Selling off some very cool cars lately so keep checking eBay!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

hawgfanman
Approved Member

Post by hawgfanman »

What is his ebay id? I'd definitely like to check out the things he's selling.