Animikii...if its too loud your too old.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Kyoshojoe
Approved Member

Animikii...if its too loud your too old.

Post by Kyoshojoe »

Thought I would share what I have been working on with my stepson over this past summer break while he was back from college. 2002 Grand Cherokee limited. The system consist of 4 15inch subs, 4 8Inch coaxials, 4 4inch coaxials, 2 6inch coaxials, 2 6x9 coaxials, and 2 soft dome tweeters in the dash, approxiamately 6000 watts of power all massive audio components. we have named it Animikii which literally means "Thunderer" in Shawnee. We haven't had it metered but I would guess it is capable 155 plus decibels easy.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: Animikii...if its too loud your too old.

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

8)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

If it's not loud enough...you're going deaf. :P
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

If it's too loud, you're too old. First time I heard that, I was in college. And, yes, it is true. Does this thing hit so low you have trouble breathing? Just be sure to rattle-proof the license plate frame before you go puttin' on your Hammer pants.

Mark
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Kyoshojoe
Approved Member

Post by Kyoshojoe »

Lol that meme is awesome, bet that hurt their ears. That must be why there is a rule in db drag competitions that prohibits the use of explosives.
If it's too loud, you're too old. First time I heard that, I was in college. And, yes, it is true. Does this thing hit so low you have trouble breathing? Just be sure to rattle-proof the license plate frame before you go puttin' on your Hammer pants
How bout "If your mirrors aren't shakin you've been taken" or "bassheads go deeper". Always loved when people would ask about it doing hearing damage and responding "I'm sorry what were you saying? I didn't hear you". Yes it goes low enough to throw your breathing off and mess up your hair. Over winter break the plan is to add more highs in custom fiberglass door panels for an 8 and 4 in each door, high amps, extensive sound deadening, and rattle control. Ultimately I want to add a Massive core 1, 8 channel digital sound processor (price may make that later than sooner) and split the system into a 4 way configuration, 15s for subs, 8s for midbass, 4s for midrange, and the tweets for highs. overall 4-15s, 8-8s, 8-4s, and 18 tweeters. the nice thing about the massive coaxials is that the tweeters leads come out the bottom of the magnet and use an external crossover so bi-amplification is possible.

another facet of this project will be LED lighting using color changing LED strips form home depot modified for 12v use, strategic placed LEDs and a controller yet to be determined.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Lets see it, from what you have described it should be top notch.

stevejc
Approved Member

Post by stevejc »

thats brilliant! bet it rumbles something chronic!!! I had afew sound systems in the past, nices sounding was a 10in in sealed box, 12in in bandpass box, running alot of power, was loud enough to rattle my eyeballs so i can only wonder what that does too you! At the time I was in a bit of friendly competition with my mate, he had one very expensive 15in sub running ALOT of power in a ford fiesta. It used too flex the roof until the sunroof popped open and on full power it actualy made you feel sick if you stood next too it, hate too think what it was like inside the car! always like the trick of sitting at traffic lights in town and ripping a bass tester. No music, just loooooooowww bass :lol:

WillyThickfoot
Approved Member

Post by WillyThickfoot »

Looks awesome but I'm concerned about that battery. A battery needs to be in a sealed box and vented outside the vehicle. I think an Optima battery is what you need.I'm no expert but please look into it just to be safe.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

So is it best to get fitted for the hearing aid now or in 6 months?

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

I just spent 4 grand for hearing aids . What does a good sound system cost these days. Back in my teen days a pair of jenson 6x9's with 10 ounce magnets and a pioneer super tuner rocked .

Bud

Post by Bud »

Should have called the thread "How to need hearing aids by the age of 40." You don't realize it's happening it's so gradual. One day you just realize you can't hear birds or crickets anymore. I hate hearing these things because I know what it's doing to their hearing. My last aids were 6,000.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

It all sounds cool and sh!t to be pumpin' da bass and boppin' to da beatz...until you get your hearing tested and discover you've lost much of your high-frequency hearing.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

pumpkinfish
Approved Member

Post by pumpkinfish »

It's not the loss of hearing or not hearing a conversation in a restaurant or cafeteria, it's the damn tinnitus when you're laying in bed or at work and it's dead quiet. If I don't have any background noise it drives me insane.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

pumpkinfish wrote:It's not the loss of hearing or not hearing a conversation in a restaurant or cafeteria, it's the damn tinnitus when you're laying in bed or at work and it's dead quiet. If I don't have any background noise it drives me insane.
So true. I have been to many "dances" as a teenager that would shake glass windows miles away. That was when I lived in Jamaica and they would set up speakers in the street over a story tall on four corners. But I don't think that did my hearing in! I think it was too many times at the starting gate of a 30+ MX bike gate drop! Red line with out earmuffs on 30 race piped 450's... Stupid me! :( Guns with out earplugs do not help also!

Treasure your ears guys!