how far will you go to retrieve the car

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DMAT
Approved Member

how far will you go to retrieve the car

Post by DMAT »

im starting to thing that x-maxx isnt the one that needs help :lol:

jwscab

Re: how far will you go to retrieve the car

Post by jwscab »

So funny story.......

Christmas day, maybe.....30 yrs ago now? Holy crap. Anyway. Christmas day, younger brother and I both get brand spankin' new grasshopper buggies, radios, the whole setup. I proceed to build my car in under....3 hours maybe? Of course, winter, christmas, living in the city, lots of snow and ice already down on the ground. I decided that I need to waterproof the car, so placed most of it into a plastic bag, minus the 4 wheels and body, pretty much.

take the car on it's maiden voyage, driving on sidewalk, street, the grasshopper paddles work great in snow/slush, except braking will be poor no matter what. I'm whipping it around and come up to the corner sewer grate, naturally at full speed, only to panic brake with little effect. Plopp!!! right into the sewer drain with the hours old car.

I proceed to essentially dive into the sewer the best I can to retrieve it, couldn't quite fit, but managed to fish it out with a broom handle on those oh so handy grasshopper side nerf bars, thankfully.

So now it's got a lovely odor and splashed sewer goodness all over it, and the parents aren't aware. Fearing for my life for stinking and filthing up my brand new toy, I proceed to attempt to clean off all the sewer grime with melting snow and slush. thankfully I was able to get rid of most of the slime with the waterproofing, but the body was still pretty gross.....Ah, good times, good times.

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

:lol:
Gone fishing

mAdMan
Approved Member

Post by mAdMan »

:oops: Hahahaa hilarious

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

What was he thinking driving it where he did?

I wonder how he was able to walk through that to get to the truck.

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

:shock:

Great story jwscab! I would have done the same thing. :lol: The plastic bag idea is brilliant, until the hot motor melts a hole in it. :mrgreen:
Jeff

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

:shock: DMAT is that you?

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

no no no :lol:

im just part of a traxxas group on facebook and this happened to make on there.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

that is a pretty crazy picture. almost doesn't seem real.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Hah! Great story! :lol: :lol: At least you didn't run into Pennywise down there!
jwscab wrote:So funny story.......

Christmas day, maybe.....30 yrs ago now? Holy crap. Anyway. Christmas day, younger brother and I both get brand spankin' new grasshopper buggies, radios, the whole setup. I proceed to build my car in under....3 hours maybe? Of course, winter, christmas, living in the city, lots of snow and ice already down on the ground. I decided that I need to waterproof the car, so placed most of it into a plastic bag, minus the 4 wheels and body, pretty much.

take the car on it's maiden voyage, driving on sidewalk, street, the grasshopper paddles work great in snow/slush, except braking will be poor no matter what. I'm whipping it around and come up to the corner sewer grate, naturally at full speed, only to panic brake with little effect. Plopp!!! right into the sewer drain with the hours old car.

I proceed to essentially dive into the sewer the best I can to retrieve it, couldn't quite fit, but managed to fish it out with a broom handle on those oh so handy grasshopper side nerf bars, thankfully.

So now it's got a lovely odor and splashed sewer goodness all over it, and the parents aren't aware. Fearing for my life for stinking and filthing up my brand new toy, I proceed to attempt to clean off all the sewer grime with melting snow and slush. thankfully I was able to get rid of most of the slime with the waterproofing, but the body was still pretty gross.....Ah, good times, good times.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Classic story mate :mrgreen: ... If its a traxxas I definitely wouldn't go that far

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

bully wrote:Classic story mate :mrgreen: ... If its a traxxas I definitely wouldn't go that far
You would if you paid $800 for it.

I lost a boat a few summers ago. I was out fishing and running an upgraded Minimono.

The boat was no more than 50 feet away and it flipped in a high speed turn. :oops:

I thought... awww shhht, use the rod to snag it, go get the dingy and pump it up.

So I told the GF to watch it, and I went and pumped up the inflatable. No more than a minute later the wind kicks up and out it goes.

I was at a reservoir in southern Alberta fishing for walleye, not a small body of water. I come back and it was way out there.

I asked her where, and she said she lost sight of it.

Wind blowing, me thinking I am able to get to it with no problem. I get 30-40-50 feet from shore and I turn around, it was blowing way to hard.

Not worth risking what could happen, Mud guy in the pic was lucky he did not get stuck stuck.

Bottom Feeder
Approved Member

Post by Bottom Feeder »

Ugh, that muddy X-MAXX is just pegging my OCD meter! :(