Where are they now?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Where are they now?

Post by PBR Allstar »

I’ve just started coming around the board again after getting my rc stuff out of long term storage. Curious about some of the old members of the board?

First one that comes to mind is
CharlieDontSurf - Reghammer

Also wondering if MrLexan is still around?

No particular reason, just curiosity.

GoMachV

Re: Where are they now?

Post by GoMachV »

Reggie got angry and left, took all his pics and posts with him. He is on Facebook but doesn’t really post anything RC anymore

Jay is active on Facebook in the RC groups. I think he still checks in here once in a while.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:03 am Reggie got angry and left, took all his pics and posts with him. He is on Facebook but doesn’t really post anything RC anymore

Jay is active on Facebook in the RC groups. I think he still checks in here once in a while.

What did Reggie get upset over?

I was looking at pics on my drive of the Yokomo works car he got from me ages ago and wondered where he was.

Do I just search Reggie Hammer on FB?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Not entirely remembering the drama that unfolded, but I think there were a few layers to it anyway.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:03 am Reggie got angry and left, took all his pics and posts with him. He is on Facebook but doesn’t really post anything RC anymore
It was weird when I read that someone had left the board, and deleted all their pictures, but I didn't see much evidence in my daily board browsing... now it makes sense, although still a shame.

Of course, I should have understood better when you sent me this....
ReggieCard.jpg
:wink:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Don’t go stirring the pot there Alex, I never sent that pic! However, I am saving it for future redistribution :lol:
Factory Works website

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

Either way, I’ve been catching up with him today, thanks for giving me his FB!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I have no plan, nor the right to get very involved as I have no idea what happened. I do feel though, that it was unwarranted to delete all pictures, as with his wealth of knowledge and input those pics would have helped hobbyists years down the road once immortalized on the site. He made a brief appearance in a contest of the month (and won), but then went off the grid again. Strange to say the least, but I wish him well in whatever he is doing or wherever he is in his life as he never did any real harm to anyone that I know of. I'd sure like to see some of those pics again though!! :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:07 pm I have no plan, nor the right to get very involved as I have no idea what happened. I do feel though, that it was unwarranted to delete all pictures, as with his wealth of knowledge and input those pics would have helped hobbyists years down the road once immortalized on the site. He made a brief appearance in a contest of the month (and won), but then went off the grid again. Strange to say the least, but I wish him well in whatever he is doing or wherever he is in his life as he never did any real harm to anyone that I know of. I'd sure like to see some of those pics again though!! :lol:
Looks like Tamiyadan did the same. I really don't get that kind of destructive behaviour; it makes people look like assholes.

Oh, hi, I'm back!

Life went off-rails a bit 2-3 years ago. Then, when I had almost got that sorted out, a new upstairs tenant came to my apartment building who was a complete nutcase and a alcohol and drug addict to boot. His parents lived with him 50% of the time, and were in complete denial of their little angel's behaviour. They basically made it impossible for me to sleep in my own home for over a year by being extremely noisy and obnoxious (I also had to disable my doorbell at night because otherwise they'd ring it at 3-5 in the morning).
Based on various extremely loud phone calls and chats I deducted that the guy had some psychiatric condition, likely schizophrenia, little to no insight in his condition, didn't take his meds, self-medicated with alcohol and weed (which is known to increase schizophrenic symptoms :roll: ), had a completely stupid girlfriend that alternated between toning him down and encouraging his behaviour despite him beating her, parents covering his ass, and basically did not understand the concept of responsibility as he got fired for his behaviour, lost his driving license, and was threatened with a multi-thousand Euro fine if he did not take a medical examination (which he failed, after which he loudly raged while repeating the local equivalent of m*ther****** dozens of time). The guy weas a total ****ing nightmare.

So I moved. New home has no upstairs neighbours. :mrgreen: New home is quieter despite being right next door to the stairs :lol: There's also a RC circuit in a nearby city, and some parks where I should be able to run a buggy with no problems, as a lot of people go to the beach instead of populating the parks when the weather is good. 8)

although moving made me realise I have way too much crap... :oops:

mikea96
Approved Member

Post by mikea96 »

Yeah I don't understand what there motivation is for removing all there stuff. I guess it just there way of throwing a little temper tantrum. :lol:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

So Tamiyadan / tamiyamandan has bailed? What a shame he would choose to exit in such a petulant way...

Of course, it would explain someone sending me this attached picture.... I certainly won't be naming names of this Gross Mass Vehicle person.... :roll:
TMDCard.jpg
Not sure if that object depicted is 3D-printed...... :wink:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yeah Dan has apparently left the building. There was just another well known member that wanted to delete everything as well, luckily he wasn’t able to. Not sure why everyone wants to take their ball with them when they leave.
Factory Works website

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

GoMachV wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:55 pm Yeah Dan has apparently left the building. There was just another well known member that wanted to delete everything as well, luckily he wasn’t able to. Not sure why everyone wants to take their ball with them when they leave.
Don't worry mate, I'm not going anywhere. All that awesome stuff I've added - all those obscure incomplete projects, left-of-centre comments, and cheap shots - will stay here until all that's left is cockroaches, baked beans, Tamiya tools and broken political promises...
Osiris is the key.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Tamiyadan gone ! That's a real loss , he was helpful and insightful ,its a shame .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Dadio wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:09 am Tamiyadan gone ! That's a real loss , he was helpful and insightful ,its a shame .
I agree, it is a shame. I really hope it wasn't due to anything that I said.
Dan had made 2532 posts so it must have taken him a lot of time to edit and replace them with a dot.
He will be missed.
Doug