Donations

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

KidAgain
Approved Member

Donations

Post by KidAgain »

I would like to personally thank all who donated this month even with this virus BS going on and hardships some people are having at the moment.

This place is great......................
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: Donations

Post by Lowgear »

It really truly is great! It's been proven time and time again. :)

I just wish there was a better way of sustaining this place though. It's a very stressful situation having to worry about if we'll be able to cover the bill every month. I hate having to ask for donations in order to do it as it feels like begging, and I've just never been that type of person. There very well could be a better way for the site to self-generate revenue but I don't know what it is. I've never been that good at the aspect of monetizing websites. :?

I'm certainly open to any suggestions anyone may have.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Does Clodtalk have a donate button? Seems like that could potentially double the donations :?:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Nope there's only minimal activity by a few members who show up irregularly. I've never gotten the impression that any of them were willing to contribute anything. Do you really think Halgar is going to part with a dime?! I keed, Halgar. :lol: :P I was actually planning on closing the place down to free up some much needed server resources back in December but was talked out of it after over a month of discussion. One of my favorite parts was when scr8p came over to let them know that they should pay their fair share if they wanted to keep it afloat. :mrgreen:

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Why not back up clod talk so the information is not lost and then integrate some of it into a sub section here, say anything that has not had activity for a couple of years gets archived and the rest put into a clod section here?

That should free up some space and create one community instead of having two.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

That's what I initially thought would be the best course of action. I figured it might be simple enough but after researching the heck out of it to see if it was possible, it isn't. You can't combine two different databases as there are way too many variables for it to work.

The plan was to delete the site, and have ClodTalk's domain name redirect here which would allow us to benefit from its traffic. It could also be taken one step further by creating a catch-all monster truck forum here, and redirect the domain name to it. The argument is that ClodTalk has too valuable of information that needs to be retained for archival purposes. I'm not fully on board with that. Yes it retains some important information but it's not like it's some kind of bastion of knowledge like this place is. So I felt it was safe to get rid of it for the benefit RC10Talk. Since that didn't happen, it kind of sits in purgatory now.