"Just a Slash" No Prep Drag Car

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Basher67
Approved Member

Re: "Just a Slash" No Prep Drag Car

Post by Basher67 »

Has anyone tried the raw speed "soft long wear" compound? My lhs got a shipment of raw speed tires in and they had the sc slicks, but only in this compound. I grabbed a set to try out, but I can't find any info about any of raw speed's tire compounds. I've heard some guys were using these tires in the clay compound, but that's about all I could find.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

If that is the double yellow, we have a couple guys running them and they like em. I can’t keep track of all the compounds lol.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

yes, the double yellow. They offer quite a few different compounds, but as far as I could find, no info on any of them.

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

I haven't done an update on this post in a while, so it's time to catch up a little. I've been making steady changes to the car. It's currently using an Extreme carbon fiber chassis. After burning up 2 Hobbywing g2's within 3 days, I made the switch to a Tekin Rx8. Couldn't seem to get the revs I was after with the Rx8. Car seemed to reach it's max potential at around a high 2.4 et. I have now installed a Trinity 2.5t drag master (Iknow, I know.....Trinity was not my preferred brand choice). I can't wait to get a day of good weather to try it out. On the bench, with no boost or turbo and factory can timing, it made 102,083 rpms on the data logger! I've been using Factory Works wheelie bars and they have proven to be the best performing and most durable wheelie bars on the market. Thanks Jeff! I am switching from the Nova body to the Super J to see if it makes a difference in performance. Painted this one up yesterday.
Attachments
flamed super j.jpg

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

RC drag racing seems to grind to a halt up here in the northwest in winter, but some of us are still out here grinding it out on the cold asphalt. I made this pass yesterday on 40 degree asphalt.
Attachments
Resized_IMG_96231.jpg

KidAgain
Approved Member

Post by KidAgain »

Basher67 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:01 am RC drag racing seems to grind to a halt up here in the northwest in winter, but some of us are still out here grinding it out on the cold asphalt. I made this pass yesterday on 40 degree asphalt.
Thats fast bud and competitive, so far the national average looks to be 2.2's @ 65-70 mph...................And the winning car for the big Vegas KOTS race probably going to be in the 2.0-2.1 range..
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

KidAgain wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 am
Basher67 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:01 am RC drag racing seems to grind to a halt up here in the northwest in winter, but some of us are still out here grinding it out on the cold asphalt. I made this pass yesterday on 40 degree asphalt.
Thats fast bud and competitive, so far the national average looks to be 2.2's @ 65-70 mph...................And the winning car for the big Vegas KOTS race probably going to be in the 2.0-2.1 range..
Hmmm, maybe. These guys running 2.0 flat in 80+ degree weather on brushed finish concrete will have a fun time getting power to the ground in a parking lot in February. I lived in Vegas for many years before moving to Oregon. Vegas is high desert and gets pretty cold in the winter. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised and impressed if they go sub-2.2. There are some really fast guys though.

KidAgain
Approved Member

Post by KidAgain »

Basher67 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:39 pm
KidAgain wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 am
Hmmm, maybe. These guys running 2.0 flat in 80+ degree weather on brushed finish concrete will have a fun time getting power to the ground in a parking lot in February. I lived in Vegas for many years before moving to Oregon. Vegas is high desert and gets pretty cold in the winter. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised and impressed if they go sub-2.2. There are some really fast guys though.
Yes the surface will be the equalizer in Vegas........................ Up to $30k payout :shock:
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44