Wow modern buggies are fugly

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Pyxster
Approved Member

Re: Wow modern buggies are fugly

Post by Pyxster »

Coelacanth wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:01 pm For the same reason, seeing all these truggies being made with wheelwells that have no bearing whatsoever to where the wheels and tires are actually located just makes me gag. What's the point of even cutting wheelwells out when the wheels and tires are an inch or more forward or behind the cut-outs? It looks like ass IMHO.
I like how the hood of the truggies are higher than the the "windshield".

I'm going to order a JConcepts Illuzion body for my B6.1, at least it's closer to a "buggy" shape/

duckhead

Post by duckhead »

I'll preface this by saying I am not defending, or making a case for the cab forward body 8) but I think the point of contention is the hard sharp lines on most cab forward designs nowadays.

We all seem to forgive (or embrace) the likes of the Hirobo Alien, Marui Ninja, and Parma Eagle.

And yes, I will openly admit I did own and run a gawdy green painted Parma Eagle body for a brief time on my RC10. I'll chock that up to being an impressionable kid :lol:

Lastly, it is worth mentioning that even full scale buggies are mostly cab forward with sharp lines.

->Mark

Lizardking
Approved Member

Post by Lizardking »

I’m planning on getting an RC10T6.1 to contrast and compare against my T1. All the generations between (T2-5) have plastic tub bodies and look progressively more “cab forward” as mentioned in this thread. The T6 at least goes back to a metal plate chassis.

Edit: T5 has an anodized chassis

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

duckhead wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:09 am We all seem to forgive (or embrace) the likes of the Hirobo Alien, Marui Ninja, and Parma Eagle.
In defence of those examples, including the Kyosho Salute, although they all had a Jetsons-ish spaceship design, all of those bodies had windshields and cockpits that could've actually been seen out of, had there been a driver inside. That's not the case with modern bodies where the front shock towers are taller than the body "cockpits", and front noses or hoods protrude well above any windshield sight-lines...it seems pointless having a cockpit at all with the body design anymore. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

RC10superfan
Approved Member

Post by RC10superfan »

I am in agreement, most modern buggy bodies don’t look good. I prefer the vintage rc car bodies like the RC10 Mirage. However, there is one vintage rc car body that I have never liked—the Parma Eagle. It’s so ugly!
Attachments
96482F0B-9C1E-4FCA-AD37-C1641AC86E6D.jpeg
96482F0B-9C1E-4FCA-AD37-C1641AC86E6D.jpeg (38.74 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
96482F0B-9C1E-4FCA-AD37-C1641AC86E6D.jpeg
96482F0B-9C1E-4FCA-AD37-C1641AC86E6D.jpeg (38.74 KiB) Viewed 1347 times

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

It's like they changed their mind halfway through the design, but didn't want to start over. :lol:

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Lowgear wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:18 am It's like they changed their mind halfway through the design, but didn't want to start over. :lol:
:lol: seems very likely.
If there's a perfect example of a RC buggy body where everything went wrong in every way, that's it.
-Jerry-

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

RC10superfan wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:47 pm I am in agreement, most modern buggy bodies don’t look good. I prefer the vintage rc car bodies like the RC10 Mirage. However, there is one vintage rc car body that I have never liked—the Parma Eagle. It’s so ugly!
Well, I strongly disagree. :evil:

I have a Parma Eagle fitted to one of my prized RC10's and I love it! :cry:

Okay, I'm joking. It is rather ugly! :P :lol:
Doug