Confirmation if a Le Mans 240SB armature is authentic?

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

coxbros1

Re: Confirmation if a Le Mans 240SB armature is authentic?

Post by coxbros1 »

To clean the comm superfast just chuck the pinion side into a cordless drill, while its spinning hold #0000 steel wool on the comm...it will look new in seconds
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

R6cowboy wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:14 pm
b027 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:40 pm R6Cowboy - im pretty much convinced already so don’t worry about posting those pictures unless you want to! I’d still appreciate them to help learn more about the 240SB.

Thanks again everyone for the quick and helpful feedback !
No prob, I was already working on it. And in case you need any other future Le Mans muscle confirmation, I have a few to compare to.

Resized_20220407_210915_3190.jpeg
OMG that was so kind of you to take apart your SPA !
I recently received from the bay a 240 combo. The ST is definitely correct but i don't believe the WS isImage, its a single wind. It looks like something I have seen before but I can't remember when, where or what in.
Would you by chance please post some picks of your 240ws innards? I firet searched several days with google/images and used a vpn to spoof several countries to get different results but could not find one.
(I knew I should have bought that 240ws armature this past winter when i saw it on the bay. So Full of REgerts<-tattoo 🤪)
Attachments
Armature that came in used 240ws purchased on ebay.
Armature that came in used 240ws purchased on ebay.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:11 pm You guys have some really dirty commutators there. Juicedcoupe shared this comm cleaning stick link a while back.

Wow, over $13 for that? Just get a bit of fine-grit sandpaper, 1000 grit or higher, a few twists and call 'r done. Works great for slot car pickup shoes, too. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

It has gone up with a nearly 50% price increase since that was posted.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Those unnecessary and overpriced niche products targeting hobbyists make me laugh sometimes. :mrgreen: It reminds me of another product, specialty "bearing washers". Get a small plastic cream cheese container, some WD40, insert bearings, and give it a good shake. Done. It is to laugh! :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

That one is the same thing as Trinity used to sell. But any fiberglass scratch pen works.

I have a comm lathe and different grades of comm sticks, but I still use the fiberglass pens. They are really helpful for cleanup after cutting the comm.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Nefarious wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:24 am OMG that was so kind of you to take apart your SPA !
I recently received from the bay a 240 combo. The ST is definitely correct but i don't believe the WS isImage, its a single wind. It looks like something I have seen before but I can't remember when, where or what in.
Would you by chance please post some picks of your 240ws innards? I firet searched several days with google/images and used a vpn to spoof several countries to get different results but could not find one.
(I knew I should have bought that 240ws armature this past winter when i saw it on the bay. So Full of REgerts<-tattoo 🤪)
Sure thing, not a problem. That's certainly not a 240WS armature, it's a 27T singe unit. They came in a bunch of different stock motors. The 240WS is a 18T double with 0.65mm wire. I'll get back to ya soon on that.
-Jerry-