we all have big toys too don't we? show off your ride!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Re: we all have big toys too don't we? show off your ride!

Post by Brendan2904 »

I can't post pictures of my big toys.

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

Brendan2904 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:01 pm I can't post pictures of my big toys.
What's stopping you?

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

GreenBar0n wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:59 pm
Brendan2904 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:01 pm I can't post pictures of my big toys.
What's stopping you?
I live in NY and it's a communist anti 2nd Ammendment state.

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

Brendan2904 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:06 pm
GreenBar0n wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:59 pm
What's stopping you?
I live in NY and it's a communist anti 2nd Ammendment state.
I live in CA, but wasn't born here. Grew up at 5 years old with a BB gun and an Uncle Henry pocket knife, around 8 or so, got the .22 rifle and a Bowie knife. Wasn't anything menacing, dangerous, or odd about any of that in the mid-west, more than a few of my family served in the military, mostly Marines. I won't post those toys here though, out of respect for those who view them differently.

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

Found a couple photos of 2 of my 8 fox body mustangs. My 91 GT prepped for emerald green metalic paint and my 89 notchback state patrol car.
Attachments
IMG_1109.jpg
Screenshot_20240523_190428_Gallery.jpg

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

mikea96 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:12 pm My 91 GT prepped for emerald green metalic paint
Nice color choice! :wink:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Coelacanth wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:08 pm
mikea96 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:12 pm My 91 GT prepped for emerald green metalic paint
Nice color choice! :wink:
What's the status on the Charger?
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:51 pm What's the status on the Charger?
It'll hopefully be out of body & paint soon, but then...there's so much to do. Install new carpets, get seats either reupholstered or replaced with something more modern (whichever is more cost effective), reassemble interior, install new fuel tank and stainless fuel & return lines, 8-3/4" rear end was leaking so I'll take the opportunity to replace the 3.23 ring & pinion with 3.55 gears, rebuild carb, replace brake lines...other than all that, it's pretty close! :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Coelacanth wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:00 pm
TRX-1-3 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:51 pm What's the status on the Charger?
It'll hopefully be out of body & paint soon, but then...there's so much to do. Install new carpets, get seats either reupholstered or replaced with something more modern (whichever is more cost effective), reassemble interior, install new fuel tank and stainless fuel & return lines, 8-3/4" rear end was leaking so I'll take the opportunity to replace the 3.23 ring & pinion with 3.55 gears, rebuild carb, replace brake lines...other than all that, it's pretty close! :lol:
Man, kinda tedious stuff there, but enjoyable. Rebuilding carburetors is really fun, as long as you have all the correct specs and tools for all the internal and external adjustments to achieve the desired performance. A speck of a foreign object, or one off adjustment can cause a hitch in your giddyup. Lean into the tape!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:24 pm Man, kinda tedious stuff there, but enjoyable. Rebuilding carburetors is really fun, as long as you have all the correct specs and tools for all the internal and external adjustments to achieve the desired performance. A speck of a foreign object, or one off adjustment can cause a hitch in your giddyup. Lean into the tape!
Yeah, rebuilding the Carter AVS (or Edelbrock version which is identical) is pretty easy, and one of the reasons I like these carbs.

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

I just acquired my first ever Edelbrock carb when I bought my F100. I always had Holleys (and 1 Demon, which is basically a "super Holley"). The Eddy is doing a fine job, haven't felt the need to touch it. I am intrigued, though, as it is very different.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

1911Colt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:02 am I just acquired my first ever Edelbrock carb when I bought my F100. I always had Holleys (and 1 Demon, which is basically a "super Holley"). The Eddy is doing a fine job, haven't felt the need to touch it. I am intrigued, though, as it is very different.
I prefer Carter/Edelbrock. The Holleys just seem a little over-engineered and over-gasketed. Don't get me wrong, any correct-for-the-application, properly maintained and adjusted carb will perform fine. But my favorite carburetor nickname has to be the Rottenchester Quadra-bog!

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:37 am But my favorite carburetor nickname has to be the Rottenchester Quadra-bog!
:lol:

Regarding the differences, jet changes seems to be waaaaaay easier on the Edelbrock. I haven't done it yet, but changing a metering rod looks to be quite simple compared to the tedium of draining and removing float bowls to gain access to the jets.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

1911Colt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:02 am I just acquired my first ever Edelbrock carb when I bought my F100. I always had Holleys (and 1 Demon, which is basically a "super Holley"). The Eddy is doing a fine job, haven't felt the need to touch it. I am intrigued, though, as it is very different.

Same experience here. I've had Holley, Demon, and Predator carbs but never an Edelbrock one until I bought my El Camino. I've only driven the car very little, but it's the best carb I've ever had on a vehicle. Although, I'm completely over carbs in general, and would really like to start trying out their fuel injection counterparts.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Back in the day when I had carb vehicles, it wasn't that big a deal. Were there minor issues here and there, yeah, but overall, having a carb isn't that big a deal. Since I bought my first new vehicle in 1995 that had a throttle body, essentially a fuel injected carburetor, there's been a marked improvement in overall performance and driveability, frankly, I prefer fuel injection over a carb, but I'd definitely go back to a carb if it mean deleting 90% of the F'ing computers on today's vehicles. Unfortunately, today's shops can't even fix modern vehicles, let alone handle 40+ year old technology. They just don't have the knowledge OR the equipment to work on carburated vehicles, you've got to find either an old timer's shop or a specialty shop, or, do the work yourself.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!