NEED advice Oval RC 10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Re: NEED advice Oval RC 10

Post by Rustbucket »

OK here is what I have done spent a few hours on the buggie last night. remove all of the truck arms. PUT a stock one in the rear. A team car arm on the right front. THEN put a stifer spring on it . Same in the rear. Useing white pistons with assocated 30 weight . Left side rear use stock rear arm as the same on the other side. Useing an Andys little longer arm then stock up in front and not so stong of sping on that side. camber the right side in a couple of degrees. on both sides So tires is leaning towards the left side so track runs going left all of the time. So anyway that is what I have done up to this point. Runing a 17,5 brushless system . Will know by next weeken unless I can get in track time. If any of you have any more sudjustions just let me know. DON and thank again for the advise .

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

I wonder if itd help if you put a rc10 DS rearend on it,The rear is narrower than the buggy rear witch should make it steer into turn way faster.All you need is the DS arms and bones or cvds depending what you can afford.Just an idea lol Don
ps:your correct on the 30 weight oil i remember now thats what i always used too. :lol: 8) maybe use DS arm an axle on left rear only that way more leverage to push car to the left

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

HELLO DON what is a DS set up I am not sure on what your talking about or is it the RC Assocated Stelth> OR can you show me a picture of what your talking about? I plan on putting on some picturs of mind soon. thanks The other Don;-))

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

Thunder is referring to the Dual Sport

Associated’s RC10DS Dual Sport kits are based on the most durable and proven car on the market, the original off road RC10. The feature that makes our car different from our competitors is the dual sport aspect. This means we are offering two different styles of bodies, for touring or Trans Am racing. The Associated on road RC10L series racing cars were built for racing on smooth tracks designed specifically for on road racing. The RC10DS, however, was created for parking lot tracks, which have a rougher surface than are found on those dedicated to on road.

The kits come with our race proven Associated transmission (not included in the conversion kit), Associated’s proven racing shocks, special Pro-Line semi-pneumatic rubber tires on new scale chrome wheels (with BBS style hub caps), our special dual sport front and rear suspension parts, front and rear anti-roll bars, front and rear shock struts, new body mounts, aluminum tub chassis, and a new chassis nose plate. All of this combines to make one of the most versatile and enjoyable cars we have ever produced.
Morten Max

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

To do this you would need a dual sport rear arm and a 10T or DS rear hub for that side and a mip cvd or DS dogbone /axle shprter than rc10.Don

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

Hey Rustbucket,
Here's a link to my dirt oval thread. I've been runing RC10's in our sportmod class for quite a while, and one of my cars currently holds the track record in the class. I've also run one of those cars with a Latemodel body and put it in an a main, mostly as a joke, and ended up finishing 3rd.

I have lots of my oval rc10 setup info in there, and I also have some rear body mounts, a front bumper/body mount, and a set of shock towers that have been modded like the ones on my cars in the pics if you're interested in any of those parts.

I guarantee if you put on a basic setup similar to what I have been running you WILL spend more time racing than wrenching!

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11220

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

HELLO this is the rusbucket. Well I took the rigs out tonight . BOTH of them ran good. ONE is an RC 10 with all andys arms and stearing it ran good . THE oval car ran good as well but on my last race my front oval shock tower came off and I was pulled off . Going back to the stock set up along with the oval convertion all payed off now I have to learn how handle it . Also pick up another RC 10 with all RPM arms and stearing . This was through a swap that will be compleatled soon. . See I am also an RC ship scale buider and looks like i will be swaping a DD that I have wanting to get rid of and this buddy of mind would like to have it so in a few days I wll end up with another RC 10 gold pan with all RPM stuff wish it had the stelth tranny . O well cant everything . Thanks for the advise still look for more . Thanks again O don you were right going back to all most the stock and removing the T stuff that was one of my problem for sure. IT works alot better with back . DON

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Glad to hear it DON!!!! Now if the other rc10 has team car length rpm arms just swap them over or just build a backup racer lol.You can swap all the great hopups onto your racer.Don

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

HELLO DON . Well tonight I have work on it again. I have had a set of DVDs in parts for the last year and I finely set them up for my RC 10, THE parts were from a couple of b2s everthing was in parts I also had to take one rc 10 T set up apart to get the rest of what i needed. . Also installed a stock set of rear hubs . O Ya when I pulled my drivers side a part the bearning came in about 3 parts . So I replace that one .
Also did a trick that work for me last year for my stocker. USEING a set of MF ! or 2 or all of the way up except the CR. They work good for me last year . SO I am kind of useing the losi slider Idea.
O on the RPM stuff I dont have it yet but I am not worride about it all . I iknow it is mind when we sit down and talk. Were both on the same team . HE IS the leader and my wife and I started racing him many years ago and were friends .
He wants to get into scale ships but I dont want him toget into something that will be disaponting to him. I have a 4 ft flecher that just needs finishing . BUT I feel he would be better off with the lindburge 1/32nd PT. this one he can do any thing with and it will work.
WHEN I get the RPM buggie what you said I could do it eathe way. We just need to sit down and talk. I will get some picture of the change over on mind soon. Thanks again for the advice. We also turn down the motor percentiage on the radio and the stearing it seem to work . back off the slipper but it was to much . So I am going to make this work I know they were good oval cars in there days. and I plan on bringing mind back but I know i have a some work ahead of me . So keep an eye on my progress.
KEEP IN TOUCH Please. That other don;-)

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

OK Guy here is my RC 10 that you all have been helping me with. As you will she has taken on some changes. I reput my larger wheel and tires on for they work good for me last year.
I am ready again.

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

OK I have tryed 3 times to add picturs. everthing i am trying to do is not working . Has something change in the last week or so . SO sorry to ask I need some help in adding a couple of pictures. Thanks DON

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

I am doing something wrong I think.
Attachments
IMG_3483.JPG

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

OK I think I may it figure out . on posting pictures
Attachments
IMG_3484.JPG

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

next picture
Attachments
IMG_3485.JPG

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

HELLO I pick up another RC gold pan tonight. I found something different then the rest I have. First of the gold is a darker gold then the rest of my fleet. It also has an A stamp on it . It hardly has any scratches on the pan under it . ONE Thing it dose have is all andys hop ups This tells me it is not a stock rc 10 gold pan but I am wondering about that A that is stam just under the motor so can any of you answer this questions.? I know some letters mean something I have read it some whear a wile back but I dont remember what they mean so I am askng for some help thanks DON