NEED advice Oval RC 10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Rustbucket
Approved Member

NEED advice Oval RC 10

Post by Rustbucket »

OK guys I know this is an old subject maybe year or so . I could use some advise. number if one of you can tell me how to look up the one from last year that would help a lot.

I set up an oval RC gold pan from the extra parts I had . At that time I was not sure on what I had untill I saw the form name RC 10 Oval I built the car from the parts I had along with the pictures. THEN put it way did not run it for the track was close.

I took it out last night and spent most of my racing wrenching. Something went wrong and I could those pictures or advise that if I can stil go back to them.

ONE More question it has been a wile since I have been back on this board. I have forgot how to post pictures. SO with the kindness of this board could one of you tell me how to do it . I use to do it all of the time and now cant figure out how to it.
If I can repost some pictures of what I have built That may help you to help me Thank you again for the future help I know your other Vintage racers will come through for me . DON THE Portland Rustbucket Looking forward of hearing from you soon

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: NEED advice Oval RC 10

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Don, attach pics in the posting mode, below the submit/preview/cancel buttons. Click the "browse" tab, insert the pic link/pathway and then click attach- The files can be no larger than 1024 X 760

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Is this the post you were looking for?

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12382

You can find any of your posts using Search-> then enter your name in the "Search for author:" field.

Or

Click on View Your Post in the top left corner of the forum page.

Unless an admin hits the red reset button. :wink:

ED

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

HELLO Well that is my RC oval gold pan. NOW I was useing another sight to set up miind . NOW IF WE can fine that other sight that is what I am looking for. It was up last summer . That sight is what got me into thinkng about what I had. NOW Since you got my old sight back that may help others . thankss.

I may try to send a couple of pictures as well on my rig . It did not handle at all. It was fustrating for sure. I will have to take a couple of pictures and see I can repost thanks . BUT If i can the sight i was looking at that sure would help. DON

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

OK NOT sure if it work
Attachments
IMG_3404.JPG

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

Pictrue 2
Attachments
IMG_3402.JPG

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

Picture 3
Attachments
IMG_3403.JPG

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

picture 4
Attachments
IMG_3404.JPG

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

OK I finely rase up the right side rear. but did not run it for racing was over by the time I did it. ON Any sudjustions ?? It was one of those bad nights whear what ever you did nothing work.

OK one more is there a way to put more then one pictrue one atime on a note. thanks From what I can see you can only add one picture with each note. Like I say it has been a wile.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

The rear top shock mounts appear to be on the wrong sides.If on correct way would require shorter shocks for better rear end handling and better steering.Astiffer spring on left front and right rear helps too.Want way more left steer than right if only running Oval.Hope it helps ! THE other DON :lol: 8)

Now that the pics loaded i see why!! Need to go back with buggy frontend not use truck arms,then the mccallister parts will help better.Steering parts cant work with that setup correctly.Makes it crazy out on the track,gets slack when turn and to tight when other side maxxes out.

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

OK NOW I am starting to understand. So your saying go back to the stock set up front and back and let the RC 10 arms go.? THEN add a stift spring front and rear? ONE thing I saw the camber and stearing arm that go to buld head was locking and the spring was not moving . I turn the caster onto the other side it seem to work but then started locking up.
THE oval of RC 10 racing is new . YES I can use all of the help I can get right now .. Thank you . Last night was a compleat wash out and like I said I spent more time corning and wrenching then racing. thank you so kindly.

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

OK NOW I have another question weight of oil would you sudjust and what springs. ? Should still use the lay down set up or go back compleatly to stock?

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Use the mccallister parts and just use the rc10 buggy parts be it stock or aftermarket.Useing the rc10T parts are messin your setup way to much out of wack.As for shock oil im not sure i never changed mine i just used a stiffer shock spring on left front and right rear.Maybe a zero degree rear hub carrier or rear arm mount hinge block that holds rear arms to chassis.You try to get as much steering as can,but not so much it pushes into the turns.Look at some the sprinters on here to see if any info and parts you see might help you figure things out more.Don

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

HELLO DON .
OK thanks for the help I wil look into that . I know losi has a nice slider . BUT I want to get that RC 10 into a nice oval . I remember them years ago and they were nice oval rigs . BUT at time we were racing RC 10 T trucks. So I will keep playing with this one and see what I can do .

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

HELLO DON. OK I have spent the last few hours changing the 10 back to the way you sudjusted. started at about 9 pm on sunday night and finely got it done a little while ago.1;30 am monday. I did fine a few things I screw up on and now it looks a little better I will try to post some pictures later. I got your pm and not sure on how to deal with it > I am not sure on how to send an Pm back to ya on this board. NOW you can help me dealing with the new things on this board thank you agian . Maybe comes next week I will be able to race more then wrench all night If the weather gets better and the track drys out I may try to get in some practic during the week but the track is aboaut 45 mins south of me . BUT it is sure worth it when we get there. I will give you some detales later today. DON that Portland Rustbucket GOOD NIGHT