who wants a deal on a new composite craft rc10 chassis?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mikea96

Re: who wants a deal on a new composite craft rc10 chassis?

Post by mikea96 »

Any update on this?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yeah here is an update: I left a message on Facebook asking if there was any progress and from what I can tell my post was deleted. Hopefully they will get some use out of the stuff I sent them, I never got as much as a thank you let alone any other contact. I'd like to purchase some goodies but so far im not impressed.

Edit...found my post from early this month, no replies. Lots of knife updates but no r/c stuff
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

gomachv wrote:Yeah here is an update: I left a message on Facebook asking if there was any progress and from what I can tell my post was deleted. Hopefully they will get some use out of the stuff I sent them, I never got as much as a thank you let alone any other contact. I'd like to purchase some goodies but so far im not impressed.

Edit...found my post from early this month, no replies. Lots of knife updates but no r/c stuff
great job on your part and thanks. im upset with them(cc), they get your stuff and do nothing? . now that they do this after saying they would do something makes me to think they are just done with rc. im done looking into getting anything from composite craft .

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Ask Aaron about his experiences-

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Ask Aaron about his experiences-

Experience! :lol: That's a kind word for it.

In early August of 2011 I sent a broken Composite Craft "Worlds" chassis and upper deck to (The New C.C.) Kim Davis. He thought he could fix it or replace the broken chassis. 13 months later I did receive the newer version of there old RC10/RPM "Worlds" chassis, and they also sent my old broken chassis & upper deck back.

They used my chassis to tool a new mold for the 30 degree kick-up, and also used the chassis of mine for the CAD drawing. There communication skills are horrible, but I guess if you don't mind waiting a year or two. :roll:

My joyful experience is far from over as I was crazy :oops: enough to also send them all of the NIP RPM Fiberglass shock towers, along with some other parts to be copied (Cad Drawing). Been over 4 months and counting for me to get those very rare parts back. I have spoken to him on the phone a couple of times, told me the parts are on there way back to me...................... :evil: :?: :?: Still nothing.

I have many times donated parts of mine so that many of us could enjoy them after they were re-produced. I may seriously regret this one however. The parts I sent the New Composite Craft cannot be replaced. Took me 4 years just to find the rear tower alone. I will in the end more than likely get these parts back.

I just hope I'm still alive when he does send them back! :o

Congrats to those who did get something from them!

Aaron

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Oh great. I didn't send anything of much value, but I feel bad for you Aaron that really sucks. I have decided that anything of real value that I can copy with my pin router will be reproduced and the original stowed away safely.

That sucks, here we thought we were helping a good cause and they had already been screwing other members. I feel like making a Facebook post asking them to return my parts as they are obviously not interested in using them
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

Don't get me wrong.....the replacement chassis is awesome! Just don't get your hopes up about getting any parts in a reasonable amount of time.

Not exactly how I would treat the Vintage RC crowd or anyone as far as that goes. :?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I just don't think these companies get it. We may not buy in volume buy we don't mind paying more for something. Like RPM, its like beating a dead horse but seriously I don't see why they wouldn't want to fire up the old molds and churn out some parts that we all want. I'd pay double the old retail price (hell I pay a lot more than that on eBay for used!). Associated, stamp us out some damn chassis. MIP give us the components to build a 4-10. Losi, bring back the......er.....OK well never mind Losi...but everyone else come on and work with us! Lol

I think I got off track there... but what is it going to take for these companies to take us seriously. Cash in hand doesn't seem to do it.
Factory Works website

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

We may not buy in volume buy we don't mind paying more for something.
i mind thats why i think i will be getting more into selling vintage then buying. vintage stuff is getting crazy. alot of parts are going for 3x retail and higher. i liked vintage ae cause it was cheap and you could still get parts. now it cost alot and you cant get parts.