Time to pass on the collection. NOT!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TRX-1-3

Re: Time to pass on the collection.

Post by TRX-1-3 »

I have a bunch of spares and extra parts for "future projects". I've thought about dumping a lot of it, but then I come around to it would be a pita to sell it so I'll just keep what I have and tap the brakes on anything new (except for the must haves, hahahahaha) and keep planning "future projects" based around the current stockpile. That, and mess around playing dress up with a couple of shelfers and running a couple runners. If I had as much stuff as it sounds you have, I would consider selling all the unconsolidated "extra" parts and stuff and shelf or box those heirloom quality completed builds you have there. I'm sure someone would offer something decent for those but I consider my R/C "nuggets" priceless and like you said a guy never gets out what he puts into these little cars. R/C Cloud storage?
Hope you're doin' something fun.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

if it's really out of hand, sell off the stuff you haven't looked at in ages(like stuffed in boxes) and reduce your clutter.

set up a smallish rack or cabinet and keep the ones you love the most. I have 30-ish cars are they take up relatively little spaced compared to my 1:1 stuff, and even that isn't too much. half of them are built, and half are rough kits of parts, so they are boxed and all take up about two shelves.

I actually want to set up a wrap around shelf in my boys' room to put all the finished models up around near the ceiling. probably never happen......

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

ChisaiKuso wrote:
PlastiZapCA+ wrote:It would have to be very nice offer. :mrgreen: I've never sold any of my cars before, just curious as to what someone would be willing to pay. I'll never get back the amount of work I put into them that's for sure!
So why even consider any offers on them? Relatively speaking, money is easy to come by. You can always get more of it. Exceptional examples of vintage RC cars, on the other hand, are exceedingly rare and difficult to find.
Don't worry, I've decided to keep the built cars. I may even keep one of my 1/12 project cars to restore later on. I'm going to build a case for them so they can be displayed with the rest of my motor sports memorabilia.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

jwscab wrote:if it's really out of hand, sell off the stuff you haven't looked at in ages(like stuffed in boxes) and reduce your clutter.

set up a smallish rack or cabinet and keep the ones you love the most. I have 30-ish cars are they take up relatively little spaced compared to my 1:1 stuff, and even that isn't too much. half of them are built, and half are rough kits of parts, so they are boxed and all take up about two shelves.

I actually want to set up a wrap around shelf in my boys' room to put all the finished models up around near the ceiling. probably never happen......
That's what I've decided to do. I'm going to build a shelf with some plexiglass or lexan to keep them dust free. The other stuff I'll let go.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

PlastiZapCA+ wrote:The other stuff I'll let go.
Cool.... I'm sure I'm not alone in waiting for all your items to appear in the BST, with prices and descriptions.... so we can all go nuts!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

You know what really looks like its taking up space is the scale model stuff...thin that stuff out :mrgreen:
Incredible_Serious wrote:
Cool.... I'm sure I'm not alone in waiting for all your items to appear in the BST, with prices and descriptions.... so we can all go nuts!

Alex
Alex won't be alone like he predicted so to the B/S/T area with what you are going to part with :P . This section really isn't the place to tease those that don't have access to the b/s/t area 8) .

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

We can dangle the carrot in front of Alex over here while we buy the good stuff over there. :mrgreen:
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

RC10th wrote:We can dangle the carrot in front of Alex over here while we buy the good stuff over there. :mrgreen:
You and your carrot-dangling.... the cupboard is barer than a politician's truth book... :(
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

PlastiZapCA+ wrote: just curious as to what someone would be willing to pay.
Ain't that the million dollar question! :lol:
PlastiZapCA+ wrote: I'll never get back the amount of work I put into them that's for sure!
And the dilema!

Too often it seems I read posts from new members trying to buy back their childhood. I'm glad that you've decided to keep some of your collection. Future PlastiZapCA+ will most likely thank you. :mrgreen:
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

duckhead

Post by duckhead »

matt1ptkn wrote: Too often it seems I read posts from new members trying to buy back their childhood. I'm glad that you've decided to keep some of your collection. Future PlastiZapCA+ will most likely thank you. :mrgreen:
I can attest to that first hand. You will be happy you held onto your collection. Very impressive collection too by the way :wink:

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

PlastiZapCA+ wrote: I'll never get back the amount of work I put into them that's for sure!
that right there should be in the websters dictionary for the definition of 'hobby'...

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Well' I've got quite a bit ready to post in the BST section in just a bit. Some I'll get to later.

Two things happened though, and I knew it would. :lol: I'm now forced to restore two more RC12e's and I'll have to finish my RC10 oval car to go into the new display I'm working on. This is what happens if I look at parts for any length of time. :mrgreen:

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

klavy69 wrote:
that right there should be in the websters dictionary for the definition of 'hobby'...

Todd
That's for sure!

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Re: Time to pass on the collection. NOT!

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Definitely not going anywhere now. :mrgreen: What was I thinking?

New project, I call it the Dragula!

Based on old school rail dragsters.

RC104ever
Approved Member

Re: Time to pass on the collection. NOT!

Post by RC104ever »

I know how you feel! I have been spending all my time with my new R3 and the RC stuff has literally been gathering dust. I would like to thin the herd a bit or sell off some of the valuable / rare bits but I can't quite bring myself to do it yet.
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars