RC10LS from spares bin

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GeneralZod
Approved Member

Re: RC10LS from spares bin

Post by GeneralZod »

Thanks Jake! The bumper and nerf wings were entirely done by hand. I just used old fashion techniques using paper and card stock to mock up the parts to see how they fit, then transferred the working pattern to the actual material. Then I used a sharp box cutter knife to rough cut the part then finished up using a dremel on low speed and a emery board. I wish I had a nice router! I would then be able to cut new graphite chassis parts and design a 10L to use a rear link setup and lipo. I would then be able to offer replacement/modded chassis parts for anyone that would be interested. If you sent me a pattern to use, I could certainly give it a try. It wouldn't have any AE logo molded into it though. Unless I had that cnc router.....oh I would have fun with that!! :D

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

GeneralZod wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:54 pm Thanks Jake! The bumper and nerf wings were entirely done by hand. I just used old fashion techniques using paper and card stock to mock up the parts to see how they fit, then transferred the working pattern to the actual material. Then I used a sharp box cutter knife to rough cut the part then finished up using a dremel on low speed and a emery board. I wish I had a nice router! I would then be able to cut new graphite chassis parts and design a 10L to use a rear link setup and lipo. I would then be able to offer replacement/modded chassis parts for anyone that would be interested. If you sent me a pattern to use, I could certainly give it a try. It wouldn't have any AE logo molded into it though. Unless I had that cnc router.....oh I would have fun with that!! :D
Im really not sure I can make them as clean as you have that is why I am asking, I can send you a DS bumper to copy if you would be interested then you would have a template and start selling yourself.... I would take 4-5 off the bat if you price it accordingly :wink: I have 3 more DS's im going to build and only 1 bumper left :cry:

Okay fellas do we start a donation and get this man a basic router with bits to start making us stuff :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: 8)
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

GeneralZod
Approved Member

Post by GeneralZod »

Judging by your pictures of your DS, would you say the stock bumper is about 1/4" thick? If so, I will need to source some 1/4" stock as the sheet I currently have is only 1/8". You could use them as runners and keep your stock one for shelf duty. Let me see what I come up with. ;)

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

GeneralZod wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:00 pm Judging by your pictures of your DS, would you say the stock bumper is about 1/4" thick? If so, I will need to source some 1/4" stock as the sheet I currently have is only 1/8". You could use them as runners and keep your stock one for shelf duty. Let me see what I come up with. ;)
I will measure tonight bud thanks for the interest.............................
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44