Discuss.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: Discuss.

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Diggley wrote:Besides, isn't the whole point of this site not to just show off, but to inspire others to join in on the fun? :D
Well said. :)

You also mentioned the Blackfoot in that post. Just when I think my collection is complete... :cry:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

My take is that if the person has a genuine interest in vintage R/C this is a good place for them. There are a few members on here that don't have an RC10, they do get razzed, but that is to be expected. Someday they will come around. They still have great suggestions and ideas when it comes to general tech, parts, how to, etc.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

Regardless of opinion it's a point worthy of discussion from time to time imo and I think most points of view have merit 8)

This forum is without doubt the best one around for me and the stuff I have interest in and I guess it's testament to the current rules that in my absence of 18 months ish many new very worthy members have joined and not so many numpties (well they may have joined but don't appear to have hung around :wink: )

Anyway I just wanted to throw it out there and as it happens the topic seems to have been embraced as intended :D
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

arf
Approved Member

Post by arf »

When I'm too busy to race I read about racing on various forums. Compared to other RC sites, which are like entering a bar room brawl, this one is a gentleman's club.

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

Lonestar wrote:Against... would make the forum narrow-minded, think a la worst of tamiyaclub... If you're an rc10 enthusiast, you should be a true vintage enthusiast, and if you truly like vintage rc, then the world goes way beyond rc10's ;)

Paul
I second that. This forum's strength is in its support of the wider vintage rc world. Maybe a requirement to have at least one vintage buggy generally, rather than an RC10?

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I've figured out the one requirement we need to have to join this site:

1. Don't be a jerk.
:D

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Synergy wrote:All new applicants should own (regardless of it's state) at least one pre B2 RC10 to qualify for forum registration.

Discuss.
Only if all other sections of this forum are removed. :roll:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

reign79 wrote:Now would that rule mean building a rc10 :roll: I'm not saying names :P
Dont you start. :lol: Three pages and not one shot from Reg or Jason, WTH? Is it losing it's glamor? :mrgreen:

It would be impossible to police the suggestion, every would or could just lie (not saying I am for it or against it).
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

mrlexan wrote:
reign79 wrote:Now would that rule mean building a rc10 :roll: I'm not saying names :P
Dont you start. :lol: Three pages and not one shot from Reg or Jason, WTH? Is it losing it's glamor? :mrgreen:

It would be impossible to police the suggestion, every would or could just lie (not saying I am for it or against it).
We have passed the responsibility to people that still care weather you build one or not, and I am gong through a Losi phase right now- so I'm on your side :lol:

shirochanwrx
Approved Member

Post by shirochanwrx »

mrlexan wrote:

Syn, I don't want you to think that I was criticizing you for bringing up the notion of the criterion for membership on RC10talk.com; I think that discussing inclusion criteria in any self-selective peer group is warranted, and I think that this thread was a good example of that happening.

But when discussing policy, I think that it is ok to consider implementation ... and as Dr. Lex mentioned in his post, this would be nearly impossible to police, as a practical matter.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

arf wrote:When I'm too busy to race I read about racing on various forums. Compared to other RC sites, which are like entering a bar room brawl, this one is a gentleman's club.
Would that be because it's full of boobs???

:roll:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Absolutely

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Nothing wrong with a good pair of hooters!
Attachments
Pygmy-Owls_1386404i.jpg
Gary

benny

Post by benny »

I told a friend of mine about this place, said he should check it out...he currently races XXX-S on carpet, but he owns a T4. Izzat OK? :lol: Oh yeah, he has raced against Hisaki Mirosama...Misaki Hirosama...Salami Herosammich...whatever...