we all have big toys too don't we? show off your ride!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

romulus22

Re: we all have big toys too don't we? show off your ride!

Post by romulus22 »

Coelacanth wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:21 pm
romulus22 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:00 pm You plan on taking it off any sweet jumps with all that ride height :D .

I'm just joking with you..... would be a nice daily driver congrats on the new car.
That's the typical AWD ride height...the AWD version sits at least an inch higher than the other models. Lots of people point that out. Some people lower them, but I won't--we get a lot of snow up here. :)
I was just playing. It makes perfect sense to leave it if you get the weather. I knew they made them in AWD but didn’t know the ride height was that high.

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

Coelacanth wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:25 pm
romulus22 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:18 pm Here's a couple crappy pictures of my other toy that has been on the back burner since I bought it.

1967 Camaro

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg
That's a great-looking Camaro, by the way! You say it's on the back burner...what do you have planned for it?
I purchased it a while ago from an older guy with a huge building full of classic cars. The Camaro saw very little street time in his ownership, so the rubber lines on the brakes need replaced. As well as the carb gone through. It runs and drives but the carb leaks and the brakes will swell and drag. No major plans just waiting until I get a proper building to work on it to make it a nice driver.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I'll be putting on 255-45-20 tires on, it'll give me just under 1 cm more sidewall than the 275-40-20's...not much but it's a bit, without totally throwing off the speedometer calibration. The latter can be resolved when I get a DiabloSport programmer, but I'm not getting that until I also buy an aFe Stage 2 intake. I'll be removing the airbox silencer (a 5-pound chunk of useless plastic that impacts airflow going into the airbox from beneath) in the next day or two, apparently it's a 20-minute easy job. I actually don't mind the ride height, when driving it seems like you get really good visibility, especially when making left turns at traffic lights and some big truck or bus is opposite you in the oncoming lane. The car definitely seems to have a presence. :twisted:

I've already cleaned up the spaghetti-mess of criss-crossing spark plug wires going over the manifold with a set of Taylor 8.2mm shorty wires. Makes you wonder what Dodge was thinking with that magpie's nest of wires. I've already had at the throttle body...I've never seen such a dirty, crusted-on mess. It took about an hour and a half of elbow-grease to clean that up; just spraying TB cleaner and a toothbrush barely even got rid of half of the crusted-on crud. I doubt the previous owner(s) ever had the thing off. I'll be adding a catch can so it should stay much cleaner in the future.

Before:
EngineBay_Before.JPG

After:
EngineBay_AfterTaylorShortyWires.JPG
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

Just took delivery of my “new” to me, car. Any guesses on which one.

I’ll take better pictures later in better lighting than middle of the night parking lot.
C0669646-251A-471C-8FB2-4D8B81E7577E.jpeg

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Skyline?

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

Lucky guess
C0B446EA-E6D8-4DFD-BFA8-F0C25A19CF76.jpeg

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

romulus22 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:17 am Lucky guess

C0B446EA-E6D8-4DFD-BFA8-F0C25A19CF76.jpeg
:shock:

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Educated guess :wink: :lol:

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

romulus22 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:36 pm Just took delivery of my “new” to me, car. Any guesses on which one.
They pay you too much :lol: :lol:

Congratulations, now you just need a bigger house to store all your toys :D
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

:D I’d like to say I’m fairly compensated for my time and skills in the work place.

I’ve been Looking to build a 24’x35’ building for a little while now. Just not having any luck with concrete guys coming to look at my property to give me a quote. They tell me they’ll show up this day and it never happens. I’m looking to hire a contractor soon to handle the whole process. I don’t have the patience for people to say one thing and not follow through with it.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

romulus22 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:49 pm :D I’d like to say I’m fairly compensated for my time and skills in the work place.

I’ve been Looking to build a 24’x35’ building for a little while now. Just not having any luck with concrete guys coming to look at my property to give me a quote. They tell me they’ll show up this day and it never happens. I’m looking to hire a contractor soon to handle the whole process. I don’t have the patience for people to say one thing and not follow through with it.
well, those are the guys you want since they are busy enuf to stand you up. The guys that show up and can do the job asap are the ones you gotta wonder about...they can't keep busy enuf for a reason :wink:

If I was just a tad bit close I'd help you out but I don't think your compensated for your time that well to pay me mileage :mrgreen:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

klavy69 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:23 pm
romulus22 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:49 pm :D I’d like to say I’m fairly compensated for my time and skills in the work place.

well, those are the guys you want since they are busy enuf to stand you up. The guys that show up and can do the job asap are the ones you gotta wonder about...they can't keep busy enuf for a reason :wink:

If I was just a tad bit close I'd help you out but I don't think your compensated for your time that well to pay me mileage :mrgreen:

Todd
I definitely see your point. But a phone call takes a couple minutes.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

romulus22 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:50 am I definitely see your point. But a phone call takes a couple minutes.
Oh, by no means am I sticking up for that kind of 'ditch'. Some of the hardest calls I had to make being self employed were that I couldn't make it to their job or just couldn't squeeze them in. Most of the time I showed up at their place to let them know because most of the time people understand when you make an effort and will wait or at least not drag your name through the mud 8)

Good luck with the shed!

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

BooGTS
Approved Member

Post by BooGTS »

My baby for 26 years now, 1992 Lebaron GTC 2.2l DOHC turbo 5spd. Not exactly stock...
FB_IMG_1526661857002.jpg

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

My mom had an '82 LeBaron convertible, she loved that car! But man, was it ugly...

Your LeBaron is probably the nicest, cleanest one I've ever seen. That model year is a much more attractive design than the one in '82 that started 'em off!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3