Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

juicedcoupe

Re: Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Post by juicedcoupe »

R6cowboy wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:38 pm
juicedcoupe wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:28 pm Despite being smaller, the Amp is easier to work on than the Torment. My son and nephew have Amps and I have a Torment.

It's also cool that they use the same size ballstuds as an RC10.
Just seen the Torment comes with the Spektrum STX2 transmitter and SRX200 receiver. Think I want to swap in the Dynamite 15T motor just to do a comparison between it and the Dynamite 20T that's in it now, before the 20T dies out. Just for S n G's.

We built a new ramp today, now I know what it's first use will be. Seeing how far the Amp flies, 20T vs 15T :lol:
I bought my Torment as a slider, so it has different electronics in it. Mine has a open endbell 12T 550.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Couple new resto projects. RC10L and RC10 Team buggy. These two specific cars have a lot of sentimental value even though they're not mine, and are the soul reason why we got into RC in the first place back in the early '90s. These belong to a life long friend (literally since diapers) and his father who abruptly passed away one foggy morning in an auto/semi accident a few years back. To my surprise yesterday evening, he finally dug them out from the top of the closet where they've been resting for roughly 27 years and showed up in my driveway to drop them off so I can bring them back to the glory days. Unfortunately the RC10L's body has been lost throughout the years.

RC10L.jpeg
RC10 team.jpeg
RC10 team_.jpeg
-Jerry-

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Those are a couple of beauties. They might not need much more that cleanup and nylon rehydration.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

This is why you always shake your spray paint cans thoroughly prior to spraying. This is some Krylon I decanted a couple of weeks ago.
Attachments
decanted paint 2.jpg
decanted paint 1.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Been a couple of minutes since I had a "wake up early on a Saturday and road trip to a RC car" day. Had a great one today! A Kyosho USA-1 and OG Blackfoot, about 45 minutes from each other, and about 2 hours from the house. Both very under priced IMO.

A USA-1 has been a bit of a Eleanor to me. I have never sought one directly, but have purchased, or arranged to purchase three of them since 1999, and each deal has fallen apart. Nice to finally have one in my hands. :D
Attachments
usa1 bf 1.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

So, I was asking for some more pics for a FBMP ad because my old eyes couldn't see exactly what this vehicle was. I was out and about and couldn't do any research, so I asked the seller for some better pics. They just resent me the ones that were in the ad, which were worthless.

So, this is the only picture of the chassis in the ad. It is super blue for some reason. It also looks like it is a picture of a screen. So, please note her response in the lower right, where she states that she isn't paying a professional to take pics. Apparently, the next step up from the pic that she posted is to hire a pro!!! :roll: In the end, it doesn't matter. I saw the wheels and was thinking Double Dare / Hi Rider, but more closely it is a Big Boss.
Attachments
twat with kyosho mt 1.jpg

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:25 pm So, I was asking for some more pics for a FBMP ad because my old eyes couldn't see exactly what this vehicle was. I was out and about and couldn't do any research, so I asked the seller for some better pics. They just resent me the ones that were in the ad, which were worthless.

So, this is the only picture of the chassis in the ad. It is super blue for some reason. It also looks like it is a picture of a screen. So, please note her response in the lower right, where she states that she isn't paying a professional to take pics. Apparently, the next step up from the pic that she posted is to hire a pro!!! :roll: In the end, it doesn't matter. I saw the wheels and was thinking Double Dare / Hi Rider, but more closely it is a Big Boss.
I think that is a picture of a mobile phone screen, showing a picture of the chassis. Buyer beware, probably.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Just a quick note before going back to bed is that I have Covid! :x I've had it for the past 5 days or so. All I have to say is I now understand why it's so deadly. It's really nasty stuff! Vaccine arguments aside, I'm glad I got the 3 shots. The good news is the worst of it seems to be over. This is why I've yet to get back to several of you, but I will. :)

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Rest up and hydrate. Duh. You are already doing that, I know. Keep it in 4-low and pull thru it!
Hope you're doin' something fun.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

First time I got covid, caught it last Thanksgiving, it was pretty terrible. For almost a week I had really bad body aches and awful respiratory flu like symptoms. But the 2nd time I caught it, this past May, it wasn't bad at all. Just mild cold symptoms that lasted about a week. Sucks no matter what though. Hope ya get well soon.
-Jerry-

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Well it's going on day 8 now, and I'm starting to slowly feel better. I now just have a bad persistent cough, and am constantly tired/fatigued.

What a nightmare it's been though. I got the vaccine and booster under the impression I wouldn't get this sick from it if contracted. I had just about every symptom possible, and then some. I can only surmise that the vaccine works better in some people than others. That or maybe I got a variant that I'm not fully protected against. All I know is it took first place for the sickest I've ever been. Second place was in 2019 when I got sick for a month! It wasn't nearly on this level though. It was when Covid just hit the States. I've always suspected that's what it was but there were no tests yet. The symptoms I had then mirror what I had this time with confirmed Covid.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Lowgear wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:48 am Well it's going on day 8 now, and I'm starting to slowly feel better. I now just have a bad persistent cough, and am constantly tired/fatigued.
To a "T" how I felt the 1st time. Symptoms subsided very slowly after week 1, but that cough lingered for weeks. The feeling tired/fatigued subsided for about another week until I felt mostly normal.

Regarding the so-called vaccine, from what I've seen and heard from people I know who have caught the covid (which is almost everyone I know), I'm more convinced that it does next to nothing rather than it does what a vaccine suppose to do. I don't think it's as much as the vaccine works better for some people than others, but more that covid effects some people different than others.
-Jerry-

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

It's day 10 now, and I'm feeling a bit better than expected. I can finally get back to doing a lot of my normal activities I think. Every day I'm a little less tired, and the times between having to cough grow farther apart. That's been the hardest part for me as someone who doesn't like to cough, and rarely does.

Out of all my family members and relatives who've had it, I'm the only one who's had more than mild symptoms. Over the past some odd number of years I've been suspected of having an autoimmune disorder, so maybe that had something to do with it.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Glad you're getting better. It took me quite awhile to get close to how I felt before I got it. I was really bad though. Not sure how close to death I was, but the 2nd trip to the ER didn't feel too far away.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

scr8p wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:36 pm Glad you're getting better. It took me quite awhile to get close to how I felt before I got it. I was really bad though. Not sure how close to death I was, but the 2nd trip to the ER didn't feel too far away.
It's pretty crazy how it is different for everyone. I think that is what makes it so dangerous. My wife was out of work for 5 weeks and I basically had the sniffles for a couple of days. I did lose my sense of taste and smell for 3 days though. It was weird, it was instantaneously gone. I ate a red Starburst and I could taste it. 5 minutes later, a ranch Dorito, nothing. :lol: It came back more slowly. over about 36 hours.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken