KRAZY KYOSHO

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

treehugger
Approved Member

KRAZY KYOSHO

Post by treehugger »

ok so i know this is pop corn worthy so i thought lets post the silly prices in here, and dont get me wrong ive paid some crazy money for some of my kyosho parts but im sure this cox will set the bar

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-McAllister-Cox-Kyosho-Scorpion-Body-/290533237218?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a52161e2

myk

Re: KRAZY KYOSHO

Post by myk »

Coming back into r/c after 20 years I was stunned to find out that MISB examples of my Optima Mid are going for $1500+? What the hell, it's just a box of parts, man lol...

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

the same seller has just recently sold more rare bodies, an mrp body went for 250ish :shock: i wondered if it's a collector or someone buying to re-pop :?:

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

myk wrote:Coming back into r/c after 20 years I was stunned to find out that MISB examples of my Optima Mid are going for $1500+? What the hell, it's just a box of parts, man lol...
that will make you feel better when you bash yours around the track :lol:

Paul

madmaxx
Approved Member

Post by madmaxx »

i just witnessed a NIP belt conversion for a optima sell for $202 and a NIP gold celebration chassis sell for $275 on ebay. holy crap!!! :shock:

victor_cathedral
Approved Member

Post by victor_cathedral »

dont kill me for being slightly off topic, but since we are talking about high priced things on ebay, remember those little toy cars? that cost what,. 30 cents BITD? tell me this isnt outrageous ! : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380313944719&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

anybody contacted mcallister to see if he still has the mold for this one? Would be pretty funny if he did, as he is generally willing to pull any discontinued mold he still has.

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

victor_cathedral wrote:dont kill me for being slightly off topic, but since we are talking about high priced things on ebay, remember those little toy cars? that cost what,. 30 cents BITD? tell me this isnt outrageous ! : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380313944719&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
my god :shock: , off to the garage to see if i still have all my cars :roll:

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

victor_cathedral wrote:dont kill me for being slightly off topic, but since we are talking about high priced things on ebay, remember those little toy cars? that cost what,. 30 cents BITD? tell me this isnt outrageous ! : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380313944719&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
that's just ridiculous!!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

madmaxx wrote:i just witnessed a NIP belt conversion for a optima sell for $202 and a NIP gold celebration chassis sell for $275 on ebay. holy crap!!! :shock:
Before I went to bed today I had to decide which one of those to try and win. I decided to snipe the celebration kit for $165, and figured I'd most likely win. Wasn't I surprised when I woke up. :lol:

I went with the celebration kit as they show up a lot less often than the belt conversion which are far more common and normally fetch around a hundred dollars. So someone just paid twice as much.

Why in the world would you pay that much for a small piece of painted pot metal thats molded into the shape of a car? :shock: After seeing that, nobody better question the cost of vintage R/C stuff. :P

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

Lowgear wrote:
madmaxx wrote:i just witnessed a NIP belt conversion for a optima sell for $202 and a NIP gold celebration chassis sell for $275 on ebay. holy crap!!! :shock:
Before I went to bed today I had to decide which one of those to try and win. I decided to snipe the celebration kit for $165, and figured I'd most likely win. Wasn't I surprised when I woke up. :lol:

I went with the celebration kit as they show up a lot less often than the belt conversion which are far more common and normally fetch around a hundred dollars. So someone just paid twice as much.

Why in the world would you pay that much for a small piece of painted pot metal thats molded into the shape of a car? :shock: After seeing that, nobody better question the cost of vintage R/C stuff. :P
I'm pretty sure that Alex from Inet still holds the record for the most expensive matcbox car sold to date I think it was 75,000 plus

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Image Image Image No wonder he can afford 500 NIB kits. :lol:

myk

Post by myk »

treehugger wrote:
myk wrote:Coming back into r/c after 20 years I was stunned to find out that MISB examples of my Optima Mid are going for $1500+? What the hell, it's just a box of parts, man lol...
that will make you feel better when you bash yours around the track :lol:

Paul
Yeeeeeeahhh, believe me that's been on my mind. Gonna........have to take it easy with this thing, lol. You shoulda' heard me scream when I rolled the car the other day... :roll:

esaresky75
Approved Member

Post by esaresky75 »

$4950 to bring home something that contain a hazardous material like lead paint. :lol: :lol:
Burn more coal - UnderGroundMiners.com