New guy intro-

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

howsyouraspen
Approved Member

New guy intro-

Post by howsyouraspen »

First off, my name is Alex, I love the old Losi's- I've been a huge RC fanatic since I can remember. (I'm 35 now. :( ) Got out of it for a bit, then got the bug again and started buying up stuff again. So the past few years, I've bought a couple newer buggies, but mostly been refurbing my old stuff, as well as bought a few classics to bring back the memories. Such a great site here. I'm loving it. I've been lurking for a couple years. Finally joined.

Onto a couple quick & dirty pics of a few of my Losi's. I need to get some better ones. Not as stellar as some of the collections on here.

Box art Pro- Just about mint condish, picked up locally for 20 bucks I think. I painted the body, I still have to paint the wing.

Box art'd LXT-Still tracking down decals.

My messy Hobby Hut with a handful of my collection.

And the Jrx2 I just picked up on Thursday for 35 bucks. Fairly great shape. No body/wing. Doesn't Look like it was ever off road. But def needs some cleaning. Not sure if I'll do a Box Art body, or what?

Cheers!
-Alex

Momo5
Approved Member

Re: New guy intro-

Post by Momo5 »

Hey new guy, welcome to the board! I'm loving that TRX-1...

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

Welcome. Nice collection there.
JRX2 looks like a great start. what bumper is on it??
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

howsyouraspen
Approved Member

Post by howsyouraspen »

Momo5 wrote:Hey new guy, welcome to the board! I'm loving that TRX-1...
Lol. Thank you. Yeah, scored that TRX from a cat on Tamiya club. Not a mark on it. I loved my old TRX-1 when I used to race. Had to buy one for the shelf.

howsyouraspen
Approved Member

Post by howsyouraspen »

slapshot1979 wrote:Welcome. Nice collection there.
JRX2 looks like a great start. what bumper is on it??
Thank you slapshot. Gonna have to try to get some pics of my Tamiyas.

I'm not sure on the bumper. Looks like an old JG maybe? It's coming off tho. I'm taking this one back to stock.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I just wanted to share a story as your nickname, "howsyouraspen", made me remember something...

Back in the 90's, a couple of buddies and I went to a Mopar Meet in Red Deer, Alberta every summer. Most of us had Chargers, and another guy had a nice Challenger with a 440 6-pack. Anyway, one particular year, one buddy's '72 Charger was out of commission and he couldn't drive it that summer. Instead, he bought a mid-70's rusty ol' Dodge Aspen as a daily driver while his Charger was getting repairs. He certainly wasn't going to miss the Mopar Meet, as long as he had a Chrysler product to drive there in. (The previous year, his Charger's rad overheated and we had to pull over at a farmer's field and ask the farmer for water.) :lol:

Ordinarily, driving to a muscle-car meet in a wimpy car such as an Aspen, would be something a number of the more snobby guys would look down their nose on, so I, being the lover of plays-on-words I am, suggested he paint a few words in front of the "Aspen" logo on the right side of his trunk-lid: "Kiss my..." Aspen. Somebody had a bottle of Liquid Paper so on it went. :lol:

I think he got more attention parked at the meet with that on his trunk-lid than some of the snobs in their trailer queens. :mrgreen:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

howsyouraspen
Approved Member

Post by howsyouraspen »

:D ^ Lol, I was chuckling through your story cuz I knew it was going to be good. That is pretty funny. Man, sounds like you guys had some nice iron in the bunch tho, even with a sweet ol Aspen. My cousin had a black on black '71 Challey back in the day. Such a great car. Loved the sound of that thing.

I do get a few comments on my username. Usually people say they had to say it a couple times out loud.

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Great first post - welcome to the board! - glad you've finally signed-up, you'll find there's a certain satisfaction in sharing your cars with fellow like-minded vintage R/C fans!

You have quite a collection already - I particularly like the box-art 'Pro'.... one of my favourite box-art schemes of all time, looks like you've done a great job on the paintwork, its one that i'd like to re-create one day aswell 8)

howsyouraspen
Approved Member

Post by howsyouraspen »

^ Thanks DerbyDan. Yeah, I can't get enough of the older stuff. It's so cool seeing what everyone else has collected too. Some amazing stuff on here.

Here are a few more shots of my Pro. I really need to use my DSLR for these. Lol, worst pics... BTW, the box are scheme was a pain in the butt. Man, trying to find the correct colors, and "eye" the lines, and thicknesses from hi res pics was rough. But it turned out ok.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

HOLY SOLDER BATMAN!!!!!!!

:shock: :lol:

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

That thing cleaned up nice. I love those when you just wipe off dust and reveal scratch-less beauty.
- Brian -

My Gallery

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Welcome to the site Alex! Very nice wall of RC's you got and the tuber work looks good from here. What axles you running on that?
Jeff

howsyouraspen
Approved Member

Post by howsyouraspen »

Lol. Guess I never noticed how much solder was on there. That motor's been in hiding since jr high. :mrgreen:

Thank you guys, it's a great board so far. Yeah, I lucked out on a couple of these finds. Throw some Simple Green and a few rags at it, they clean right up.

Thanks. The tuber is actually just a stock axled Losi Mini Crawler. But I built a chassis and added a few other mods.

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

That looks terrific and the gas can holder is a nice touch!
Jeff

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I like the Kyosho Goldies. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3